body fat & lean body mass

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
i have 10% bf at 185 lbs. im told that 167 is my lean body mass. if i drop 18 lbs does that mean im going to look ripped or toned or what is lean body mass all about?

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
i have 10% bf at 185 lbs. im told that 167 is my lean body mass. if i drop 18 lbs does that mean im going to look ripped or toned or what is lean body mass all about?
You look more around 13-15% BF.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
No you would look unhealthy and weak with 1% bf lol. I would agree with Roid though you are probably a little bit higher than 10 (13-15 seems right from just the avi picture.) You can get that look if you want it though from any bf.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
it was just a quick calc. i didnt have it done prof. lol. thanks for the help though. im taking that lean body mass = 1% bf.

Eagleman003

Awards
sorry to say there is no way ur near 10% your around 15% it looks like (which isnt bad). If you wanna cut down to 10% your gonna need to lose a good 10 pounds of pure bodyfat which will take time and a lotta hard work. If i were you I would just try to slowly recomp over the course of the year.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
ya i'd like to be around 8%-10%. in the last 2 months i have lost 15 lbs but havent been lifting, i dont think it would take me too long to lose another 10 if i try.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
the last 10lbs are always the hardest becuase your body knows what is coming.

I think you should try to gain about 5-10lbs over the next couple months of clean mass and then cut from there.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
the last 10lbs are always the hardest becuase your body knows what is coming.

I think you should try to gain about 5-10lbs over the next couple months of clean mass and then cut from there.
how would i know when i have gained 10 lbs of clean mass?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
it was just a quick calc. i didnt have it done prof. lol. thanks for the help though. im taking that lean body mass = 1% bf.
Naw lean body mass is just the amount of muscle you have. The bf% comes in when you compare body fat to the amount of everything else. 1% bf is not something you want.

I think a solid recomp would work well for you from the sounds of what you want especially if you have been unable to lift.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
got a link to what a recomp is or what i do for it?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
It's not so much weight loss as it is ‘Body Recomposition.’ Body recomposition means altering your ratio of fat tissue to lean tissue. So you would be focusing on dropping fat while adding some LBM to alter the ratio. Essentially you would find you lbm and calculate you caloric intake and either add 100-200 calories or subtract 100-200 calories depending on how your body reacts to different situations and start from there.

Since you haven't been lifting I think you would see some nice changes lifting hard and incorporating some cardio to try and gain strength as opposed to be solely concerned about the scale weight.

Theres a bunch of logs/information on here about people doing recomps so you should be able to find everything you need.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
i have my cal intake at 2800 to stay the way i am. i found this using AM's diet tracker, my diet is pretty consistent day to day. i am going to start lifting on tuesday and will start a log when i do. thanks for everyones help =D