Replenishing carbs on the weekend for CKD is fvcking hardcore, worse than no carbs.

Goat

Awards
So far, 12 hours into my 30 hour carb load phase I am only 600g's into it and I need 2300. This is very very difficult. Much harder than cutting out carbs altogether, although I do feel better mentally, I dont have that low-carb-lost-hope-feeling. I went out for Vietnamese Pho (noodle soup) twice last night and had a side of rice with it. Barely reached that evenings target.

:dump:

Link24

Awards
  • Established
i hope your not meaning 2300 grams of carbs???

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why are you eating so many carbs all at once like that?. What gives the idea you need 2300 grams of carbs?. That is insane!

Goat

Awards
Why are you eating so many carbs all at once like that?. What gives the idea you need 2300 grams of carbs?. That is insane!
Cyclic ketogenic diet. Its what came out of the calculator and what was discussed in the thread as the amount needed to recarb on the weekends for someone of my weight 220 lbs, 190lbm. So far I am half way there and about to pop.

Calculator:
CARB LOADING CALCULATOR
Weight :190
Results
Protein 190 grams.
Carbs 1900-2280 grams.
Fat
No more than 86 grams.

****, I need an average of 100g's of carbs an hour for the next 10 hours. I am really scared. 1113 so far :(

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think you have an extra 0 behind your numbers.

I highly doubt you would want 8000cal and above for a recarb/refeed.

Cyclic ketogenic diet. Its what came out of the calculator and what was discussed in the thread as the amount needed to recarb on the weekends for someone of my weight 220 lbs, 190lbm. So far I am half way there and about to pop.

Calculator:
CARB LOADING CALCULATOR
Weight :190
Results
Protein 190 grams.
Carbs 1900-2280 grams.
Fat
No more than 86 grams.

****, I need an average of 100g's of carbs an hour for the next 10 hours. I am really scared. 1113 so far :(

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've never done a CKD before, but in that article, it says 10-12g CHO per KG of bodyweight. What you have there is 10-12g CHO per POUND of LBM it seems.

Goat

Awards
I've never done a CKD before, but in that article, it says 10-12g CHO per KG of bodyweight. What you have there is 10-12g CHO per POUND of LBM it seems.
I'm seeing that too, the calculator is fvcked up it looks like. :wtf:
So she says 10-12g's per Kg, but the calculator gives you double that amount 20-24g's whether you enter your weight in pounds or kilo's.

I emailed the author, I'll pray its the smaller amount.