DDR.. Yeah you read that right: Dance Dance Revolution!!!

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Wanted to see what you lovely AM folk think of this as a cardio tool.

Now, to be clear, I'm talking about balls out ddr, where you play for a half hour to an hour and are completely soaked and sweaty. I know for a fact that doing this can really up my hr (probably to around 170-180) depending on the difficulty of the song. I wonder, does anyone have any clue as to the amount of calories burned during something like this?

I ask because, if this is in fact effective, it is a straight-up enjoyable way to get extra cardio in during the day. So, ponder and comment.. Puhleez!

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
yeah it's pretty hard. Good workout, you get sweaty and it is also a lot of fun. No idea how many cals though.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
I go bowling every thursday and there are these 2 kids that are at the ddr machine every thursday. The kids are so hard core that they wear sweat bands, gloves (to hold on better to bar that runs behind them?), and they bring extra shirts to change into. These kids dont miss a beat and they do it for hours on end. Its crazy

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
yeah it's pretty hard. Good workout, you get sweaty and it is also a lot of fun. No idea how many cals though.
Fun is an understatement, lol.

Btw, I'm leaning towards believing that DCP makes the sweatiness MUCH more pronounced.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

Yeah Boi!

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the DCP does make some people sweat a lot,

Heh, I remember agers ago when ddr first came out we would hang out at the arcade, my bf at the time was crazy good at it. Now I'm an old fart, gotta resort to the wii :/ hehe

propho

Awards
  • Established
doesn't look like the DDR fatloss is working for that guy in the video.. needless to say.. very fun.. The Wii version is hard as hell to me though but i'd say since you have to use your arms it would burn more cal's..

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
My opinion has always been that we can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind. Because your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, then they're no friends of mine.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
My opinion has always been that we can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind. Because your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, then they're no friends of mine.
Word.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I miss the safety dance...man, synthesizers used to be totally far out!