Enough is Enough! C0rk's Weight Loss Log

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Enough researching ideal fat-burning stacks, diet planning, optimal cardio/lifting exercises. Less talk, more walk. Day 1 of C0rk's 28-day weight-loss regimen begins today.

Current weight: 170, Target Weight: 160 (3/15), 17+% BF

Supplements: Leviathan, DCP, Paravol, Sesamin, Fish oilage, Multi-vitamin, Glutamine (workout days), Psyillium husks

Sample daily meal plan (South beach-esque, high protein, med fat, low GI carbs):
- flaxseed or banana/flaxseed muffin
- 1 cup of shelled peanuts
- tomato/cucumber/chick pea and goat cheese salad with balsamic vinegar and EVOO
- whey protein shake w/skim milk and blueberries (workout days)
- meat/veggies dinner
- 1-1 1/2 cup yogurt

Exercise:
- 3x week, morning cardio P90x Kenpo routine or elliptical
- 2x week, upper body circuit training
- 1x week, lower body circuit training

Critique away!

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Some other info:

- I'm not going to count calories. I think decent-sized meals, 5-6 times a day, with no simple carbs is fine. As long as I'm making gains in lifts (I haven't lifted in a month) or AT LEAST maintaining them, I won't be worried.
- I'm not measuring body-fat @ this point. For someone of my body composition (~25% fat), weight should be an okay indicator.
- I'm egoless when it comes to criticism so feel free to give it.
- I've attached some photos. I know how you guys love leg shots so I put them in too, lol.

Attachments

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Okay, so I didn't post a log yesterday, but I ate healthily and did 40 mins of P90x cardio that kicked my ass...couldn't even finish the hour, haha, but it felt good.

Today I was a bit sore, but went to the gym and did my circuit training. I only made it through 2 circuits before I was tanked...I think I tried doing the same amount I did a month ago, so my loss of strength really hurt me. Still ate healthily.

I thought I originally weighed 170 on Sunday, but yesterday I came out @ 168 and this morning it was 167. Perhaps I was heavy then (or lost alot of water in the passed few days) but it should make it easier to achieve my goal, heh.

My supplements still haven't arrived yet, but that's still no excuse for not starting...something I would have done before.

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
First of all, is anyone actually reading this? ;)

Well, my supplements came in, so that makes me happy, both for their actual effects and placebo ones. Going to start @ the following doses:

- 2 doses Leviathan
- 3 doses DCP
- 2 doses Paravol
- 3x 2g Fish Oil
- 3x 2g CLA
- 3x 2.50 mL doses, Sesamin

Any thoughts on the dosing/timing of these? I plan on spacing them all evenly over the day.

Was in a rush this morning, so I ate @ Dunkin Donuts. A little cream in the coffee, a multi-grain bagel with egg omelet. Not too horrible, but I could definitely feel the effects of the insulin spike. I was starving 3 hours later, due to the crash, so I'll make sure not to do this too often. I kept it to 4 meals today.

Again, because I was rushed, I forgot to weight myself when I woke up, but after breakfast I was 169, which is fine.

Body is still sore from Kenpo 2 days ago and first lifting day yesterday, so taking a break tonight.

Last edited:
bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
You got my attention, nice log so far.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Did you mean 2 caps of DCP 3x daily? That's what's recommended, i've also heard 3 caps 3x daily for the first 8 days. Lev reloaded hasn't made me sweat a "storm" but i've burned some fat with weight training and a few days of cardio so it must be working.

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
I was only going to do 1 DCP pill, 3x day to start (just like only 2 Leviathan) because I thought it would be smarter to ramp up. Do you think it'd be fine to startup with HIGHER than the recommended dose, in the beginning?

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I remember a more experienced member saying to start off 3 caps 3x daily but I wasn't interested in DCP at the time so I didn't pay much attention as to why, but it's got to do with loading. Thereafter, 2 caps, 3x day.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Yeah take the DCP 2 caps 3x a day.

Sesamin - drop dosage to one or two squirts of ~1ml should be okay, especially since you're also getting in a lot of fish oils and cla.

DCP - take one serving 30mins before a workout, the other two servings 30min before a meal
Leviathan - instructions should already be on the label: 1-2 in the morning, 1-2 pre-workout and ramp up your dosage
Fish oils - take after meals
Sesamin - take after fatties meals
CLA - take before or after meals

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
So, a good schedule would be:

DCP, Leviathan (30 min pre-meal)
Meal #1 (Flaxseed Muffin), Paravol, Fish Oil, Sesamin, CLA
Meal #2 (Peanuts)
DCP (30 min pre-meal)
Meal #3 (Heavy salad w/beans or tuna), Paravol, Fish Oil, CLA
DCP, Leviathan (30 min pre-meal)
Meal #4 (Shake)
*Workout*
Meal #5 (Meat/Veggie), Fish oil, Sesamin, CLA
Meal #6 (Yogurt)

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Move the fish oil/cla/sesamin from meal 5 to meal 6.

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Weighed in this morning @ 167.

So, my sleep cycle has been all effed up (6am to 1 pm???) so I've really felt like crap lately. Diet has been okay. Lifting has been okay.

I'm going out tonight for my friend's 30th birthday, so I'm bound to add a decent amount of alcohol calories. Any suggestions for a night out with friends? I figure I'll cut out the bread @ dinner, drink only hard-liquor w/no mixers (martini's 4tw), and drink plenty of water when I get home.

Also, I don't know how y'all bear to take supplements multiple times a day every day. I just took 1 dose of Sesamin, 1 cap paravol and leviathan, 2 caps each of CLA, Fish Oil, DCP...that's 4 gulps of supps right there. Plus, whenever I burp I get that gelcap taste in my mouth. Ugh, lol.

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Just wanted to throw in that I completed the whole P90x workout today, @ around 170-180 heart rate the whole time and the dress pants I just put on feel a little more comfortable than usual ;)

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Last night's damage: Probably 2k cals worth of tapas, coupled with 2 martinis and 2 beers and a cigar. Took a multi-vitamin and drank 1 liter of water before bed. Woke up feeling okay. Now that this weekend is over, I have 3 weekends before my next 'party weekend' so I should be clear until then.

Did my first leg day in over 2 months. Man, did it suck, haha.

I guess I'll use this time to layout my lifting routines. At the end of each session, I do 3x12 decline situps. Critiques are welcome:

Upper body circuit: 2x week
Dumbbell press (up), Flies (down) superset
Dumbbell bent-over rows
Dumbbell military press
Shrugs
Dumbbell incline curls
Dips

Lower body circuit (2 small circuits): 1x week
Circuit one:
Squats
Deadlifts

Circuit two:
Leg Press
Calf raises
Supine Leg Curls (w/Ball)

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Weighed in @ 167 this morning. Not too bad, considering my weekend, but I'm worried that a decent amount of it is water weight lost, considering I woke up pretty dehydrated, even after drinking a ton of water yesterday. I have a fitness center @ work that I believe does BF% testing, so I'm going to look into getting that done ASAP.

My lower back and legs are as sore as hell, from leg day, so I may have to take it easy today. Diet still looking pretty good.

One thing I have noticed is that I don't feel the "heat" from Leviathan that I used to when on an ECA stack. I think I might go back to the ECA if this continues. Anyone have their own comparisons to share? I might take this to the supplement forum...

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
So I re-read:

"so I may have to take it easy today"

and thought to myself, "stop being a pussy", and did my cardio today like a good boy. I also ate very well.

One great thing that helps me eat properly, is to use my crock pot. I make like 6-8 meals in it, using all health ingredients, freeze half of it, and eat the other half for the week. I also make flax seed muffins in a big batch, freeze some of 'em, and eat them for breakfast...then I can't use the excuse that I don't have time to make something in the morning.

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Is this log too boring? Should I post different stuff to garner more interest? Post less than every day?

Did upper body circuit today and 20 mins of cardio after. Diet good, supplements good.

Got my BF % testing, using 3-point skin-fold and the hand-grip impedance tester thing and found out my BF is only 17%. I thought I was closer to 25%. Doesn't 17% seem kind of low compared to those pictures above? Perhaps I lost 8% BF in 1 week, heh. The tester said that most of my weight is in my ab region, where he did one of the pinches, and that the pec pinch and thigh pinch both showed low % BF.

Also, @ what % BF do you think I could get too before it would be hard to increase lean muscle? My goal is to first look good (which means losing the fat) but I'm an Endo, so my body yearns to eat and build up strength!

Manko Oyaji

Awards
Just wanted to say great log. I think we are in about the same boat. I'm using close to the same supplements as you so I am learning from what all these great members are telling you to do. If I find something that works well for me, I'll let you know.

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Just wanted to say great log. I think we are in about the same boat. I'm using close to the same supplements as you so I am learning from what all these great members are telling you to do. If I find something that works well for me, I'll let you know.
Cool, I have a couple of threads bouncing around on a bunch of the different forums, asking questions about stuff, so feel free to click on my username to see what else I've been posting.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
really log for yourself, not others. post up pictures, measurements, etc every 2-4 weeks. 6 months or a year from now, you'll enjoy looking back at it.

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Can someone be recomping (rather than cutting) accidentally? For example, since I haven't lifted consistently in a while, perhaps my body is remembering what my muscles used to look like, so it's building them back up @ the same time I am losing fat.

I weighed in @ 168 this morning, after my best workout (including PWO cardio) the previous day. I should probably take day-to-day weight fluctuations with a grain of salt...but this has been a week of hovering @ the 167 mark, with a pretty clean diet and consistent workout routine-age.

Maybe I should stick with looking in the mirror and getting my BF% checked every 4 weeks as an indicator, rather than the scale. IDK, I just found it to be a bit disheartening this morning.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you can fluctuate 2-3 lbs in a day easily just in hydration and whats in intestines. use the mirror more than the scale :)

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Well I went out and ate a crap dinner to turn my frown upside down, haha. Oh well, back on the wagon tomorrow.

I was sick today too, so I didn't do any cardio....guess it was good that I did double-duty yesterday...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1-2 cheat meals a week is nothing to be concerned with. We all need the ability to have some enjoyment time, and to be able to be social with others. 2 meals in a week is only 2/42 (6 meals a day), so less than 5%. Doesn't hurt things at all

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Okay, so I was sick last week and used it as an excuse to slack off a bit on my diet and training. 1 step back for my 2 steps forward, so not too bad, I guess.

I weighed in @ 167 yesterday, but this morning I was 165, so its pretty much a toss up as far as progress goes...my lifts are gradually increasing though.

I'm going to a conference next week, where I won't be able to prepare my own food in the way I usually do (ie access to a fridge in the office). Is my best bet to find a take-out place near the conference and order the best thing available? Any tips on preparing food that I could carry around in a backpack all-day?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
really there isn't too much. beef jerky and meal replacement shakes are about it. most of the bars suck and have too much sugar + carbs in general

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
So I used getting sick and going to a conference as an excuse to slack off and now I'm back to where I started, @ 169 and eating like crap and avoiding this forum. Not only that, but I now have insomnia where I can only seem to sleep from 11 pm to 3:30 am.

So I've been reflecting on what gave me success in the past and come up with some plans on how to get back on track.

- EC stack (would this be bad with DCP and Leviathan?)
- Early AM empty stomach cardio
- Preparing my meals, even bringing it to the conference (beef jerky, peanuts, V8)
- No GI carbs...even post workout (the insulin spike is just not worth throwing off my appetite)

Who cares if I look retarded eating peanuts out of a can or carrying my supplements in a baggy? I'm @ a nerd convention for Christ's sake.

So, I took the EC (w/CDP and Levithan) this morning and did my cardio, and I feel great...I always forget about how awesome the endorphines feel, as well as how well my appetite seems to stay in check.

PS I just realized that, in my previous ECA stack usages, I was dosing 325mg of aspirin 3 times a day. I don't think I'll be taking the "A" anymore considering its probably permanently in my bloodstream now...

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Flaxseed muffin, peanuts, beef jerky, V8, warm mozzarella sticks, flavored tuna packet. Food of champions.

Thank god I only have 1 more day of this. I think I only ate about 1200 calories today, but I don't think that much of a deficiency is bad for a single day...I'll have to try to eat more tomorrow.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ugh thats all I hit today, on purpose. still broke 200g of protein tho

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Fasted morning cardio is the shiznit. It gets me off to a good start during the day and I can FEEL the fat melting, haha.

I hate the scale...I wish there was a better OBJECTIVE daily measurer to show weight loss. The day after my previous post, when I weighed 169, I weighed in @ 166. then 167-168 the next few days, followed by 165.5 today. I KNOW this was a good 165, because I drank a ton of water yesterday and my diet has been full of fiber. I'm GUARANTEEING a 165 or lower weigh-in tomorrow, especially since I haven't **** in two days. I can FEEL it.

Subjectively, I can feel my gut getting smaller and love-handles shrinking...I don't muffin-top as much in my underwear, which is awesome. My diet has been fairly clean and workouts consistent. 160 in 3 more weeks is achievable.

This weekend is going to be tough, with friends coming in from out of town and 2 nights of partying. I'm going to try to keep it in check though. A few drinks of hard-liquor with zero-calorie mixers.

Maybe I should start doing cocaine. That's zero-calorie!

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Weighed in @ 165 this morning. Ate perfectly. Took off from cardio, as I double-dosed yesterday and didn't want to burn out.

Since I'm out of CLA, I made another purchase today @ the AM store, along with some supplements to go along with my recomp in a couple of weeks. Creatine, Beta-Alanine, and BCAA (to go along with the usualy Multi, CLA, and Fish Oil).

Any suggestions on diet change and workout regime? I haven't done much research yet, but if anyone has any thoughts, I'm open.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbd man i look forward to the rest of your progress :)

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
subbd man i look forward to the rest of your progress :)
Welcome Bolt. And thanks for the reps in the other thread.

I saw your own log...damn, I wish I could look like that when I start my own recomp, haha. Part of me wonders whether I should cut further than my 170 before trying...

...well, 1 step @ a time. I'm 1/2-way to my goal, which is nice, but its still a long way to go.

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
I busted my diet today, had fajitas for dinner
That depends on the fajitas...the first thing that comes to mind when I think of the healthy version:

Whole wheat torilla
Grilled chicken, peppers
Low-fat cheese
Low-fat sour cream
Salsa

...and that doesn't sound too bad. I take it yours weren't quite like this, haha?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not quite precisely. but I did only have 2 tortillas, and they were small ones. probably a good 6-8 oz of chicken with em and then separately with just the salsa. probably 1/4 cup cheese total, and 1tbsp of sour cream. so not all bad.

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
That doesn't exactly sound like you let yourself go, haha.

Weighed in @ the light end of 165 this morning. Diet was perfect. Went up in many of my lifts today. Recomp supps shipped so I should have 'em by next week.

Progress is lookin' good, though I don't think I'm going to lose 5 pounds in 2 weeks...not to mention I'm going to visit the parents for that last week so a different routine will have to be figured out....

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
vs the way i've been eating, it was letting myself go :) heck having carbs after 5pm was a novelty

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Always check your labels.

V8 doesn't have added sugar, but has a lot of sodium.
Low-sodium V8 has lower sodium, but added sugar.

So I've been spiking my insulin after my morning cardio by drinking low-sodium V8. That's just awesome.

Weighed in on the heavy side of 165 this morning. Did my morning cardio routine, etc. I'm stressed about the damage I'm about to do with my body this weekend, because I've been doing so well. Oh well, gotta spend some time having fun...lifting to live, not living to lift.

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
I really hope all the dancing I did last night burned off a least a few of the beers I drank...anyone have any good hangover cures? The water and multi I took last night were greatly ineffective.

I think I set myself back a week, haha. Very worth it though...

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
I really hope all the dancing I did last night burned off a least a few of the beers I drank...anyone have any good hangover cures? The water and multi I took last night were greatly ineffective.

I think I set myself back a week, haha. Very worth it though...
cure for a hangover: drink till the hangover is gone :fool2:

snookl187

snookl187

Awards
  • Established
yeah what he said. Did you make use for the paravol last night? Embrace the hangover you earned it! Now you can do nothing all day with a legit excuse.

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Ha, I haven't been using the Paravol AT ALL recently...gonna change that next weekend, though, when I visit a lady-friend. :dance: