Carb cycling -- Carbup?

Doug8796

Doug8796

Awards
  • Established
Do any of you have a bigger high day when carb cycling 1-2 times every 2 weeks? I have heard some say that it isnt useful and some say it is.. Like everything these days :X.. but would you guys recommend upping the carbs just a little higher on at least 1 day every 14 days?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
All responses are based on the individual. Try it both ways, keep consistent when experimenting and you will find your sweet spot. This is also the case with high GI/II or low.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
I eat NO carbs except at dinner on Saturdays....
how do you do NO carbs?
carbs are sneaky, they seem to be in almost everything so it's hard to keep them away.
what are you eating all day? just meat?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Hank, I'm not answering for Hoopie, but you can get away with eating zero carbs during a hard depletion like that. I had done it when I was obsessed with mid single digit BF, so it is possible. Yes, meat and fat.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Hank, I'm not answering for Hoopie, but you can get away with eating zero carbs during a hard depletion like that. I had done it when I was obsessed with mid single digit BF, so it is possible. Yes, meat and fat.
wow....now that takes some dedication.
i imagine that diet is difficult to maintain for very long though.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I did it for a few years, I just took vitamin supps to get what I was missing... It was interesting the day I came off. Things I hated prior were like mini orgasms in my mouth. (yes I am aware as to how that sounds)

Anyways, I know that frequent depletion/refeeds work better in terms of LBM. :)

Hoopie

Hoopie

Awards
wow....now that takes some dedication.
i imagine that diet is difficult to maintain for very long though.
Its not hard once you get used to it. It takes the body a couple weeks to adjust. However after that its pretty easy. At least i think so, some people dont htink so. Yes i am in contest prep. My off season diet is not far from that pending on when my next contest diet begins.