Extra Steps to Prevent Catabolism

Doug8796

Doug8796

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys have any other steps that will prevent catabolism besides eat enough protein and eat frequently?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
BCAAs, high dose fish oil, sesamin, dcp or TTA/Salvia. yohimbine hcl on empty stomach

Grinman07

Grinman07

Awards
BCAA's and Glutamine when you wake up, before and after you train, and before bed!

Doug8796

Doug8796

Awards
  • Established
are BCAA/Glutamine really that essential? wow i need to grab some.. im sitting at 11.6% bf :\ i lost .3 lb of lean mass since i started at 14.6%

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
it gets moreso as you get leaner. at 15% your body doesn't fight so hard to hold fat as it does at 10%

Doug8796

Doug8796

Awards
  • Established
Ive asked this before but, what would you say in your opinion is a good cut. Ive heard anywhere between 70-95% of total weight being fat is great. right now 97% has been fat.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'd have to go with better than 80% being fat is pretty successful. Thats 4lbs of fat to 1lb of muscle. the same is true on bulking to me, if you can gain 4lbs of muscle and just gain 1lb of fat, thats some pretty lean gains

Doug8796

Doug8796

Awards
  • Established
but is that even possible? gain 4 lb lean mass with only 1lb fat? that would lower your bodyfat :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
sure its possible. do a high calorie (500 over maintenance) anabolic diet / CKD with a fair bit of fish as protein, see what happens. Could probably gain that 4lbs of muscle with 1lb of fat in 6-8 weeks. Doesn't require anabolics like superdrol or epistane either.