TKD w/ Anabolic Pump

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I've read up quite a bit about TKD, CKD, etc., and have decided that the TKD approach will work better for me.

I have a couple questions concerning the pre/post workout carbs consumed and the possibility of adding Anabolic Pump.

Stats: 27yo, 230lbs., 5'10", ~15%BF (guess)

I've come up w/ the figures for my pre/post carb intake at 100g (50 pre, 50 post). This is less that what is usually recommended, but I'm geared up towards slightly more fat less, slightly less performance.

Would taking AP 15 before the carbs be of benefit? I've read other threads covering similar principles, but could never find a definitive answer. EDIT: BTW, I already have the AP on hand... I'm just looking to utilize it and not have it sit on my shelf.

Also, how long should I wait after my PWO carbs to eat my first P/F meal?

Thanks in advance!

:bb3:

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
1 cap AP 15 minutes before your pre-workout meal then train about 30-40 minutes later and 1 cap AP before your post-workout meal should be fine. But because of the half-life of AP being around 5 hours or so you may find yourself getting hungry during your workout, you'll never know till you try for yourself. So give what i said above a shot and get back to me.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
1 cap AP 15 minutes before your pre-workout meal then train about 30-40 minutes later and 1 cap AP before your post-workout meal should be fine. But because of the half-life of AP being around 5 hours or so you may find yourself getting hungry during your workout, you'll never know till you try for yourself. So give what i said above a shot and get back to me.
I workout first thing in the morning. AP having a half-life of 5 hours, do you think just a single dose first thing in the morning would be a good idea? And skip the 2nd PWO dose?

I'm new to the keto-style diets, so trying to incorporate the carbs and AP is throwing me a curve.

Thanks for the reply!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think i'd try and get used to the keto diet first if you've never done it before. get thru your first 2 weeks, then think about AP.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I think i'd try and get used to the keto diet first if you've never done it before. get thru your first 2 weeks, then think about AP.
I forgot to mention that I've been on a low-carb/keto diet for about a month already.

But, I didn't really follow any plan, like TKD, CKD, etc. I just didn't eat any carbs. Been feeling great. No fogginess, or any of the other commons symptoms. I think my body really likes it.

I've been taking a carb (50g) + hydro-whey (12g) + WPI (25g) shake immediately post workout. But, those are the only carbs ingested throughout the day.

I've got the AP sitting on the shelf. I'm hoping that it would be beneficial to pop a cap 20 min before my pre-wo shake.

Does it matter what kind of carbs? I'm thinking dex + malto. What about something like Cytocarb or WMS?

Thanks, guys.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I was doing this for a while with only 30-40gr carbs. Im about 40lbs lighter than you (5'9" 185lbs) when I started. My weights were up in the gym and i was stil loseing fat.
Funny... that seems to be what's happening with me, but only taking in PWO carbs. I'm hoping that doing both pre AND post workout carbs w/ a dose of AP will really hit the spot. We'll see.

:bb:

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I did oatmeal pre, and oatmeal and banana post. I got some nice muscle fullness I could feel within a few minutes. I was also useing AP on carb ups. I think this is where it really shine
Hmmm... so the longer digestion period for the carbs didn't hinder getting back to ketosis? I was debating hi vs. low gi carbs.

EDIT: btw, I don't plan on doing many *refeeds*... only taking carbs pre/post workout.

But, I've read some stuff about leptin, which is where the refeeds come in.

Thoughts?

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I need to get some ketostix. I haven't checked yet (for ketones), but the mirror tells me this is the way to salvation. :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm... so the longer digestion period for the carbs didn't hinder getting back to ketosis? I was debating hi vs. low gi carbs.

EDIT: btw, I don't plan on doing many *refeeds*... only taking carbs pre/post workout.
remember that kicking you out of ketosis for real is more about insulin response than just getting carbs in blood. For the most part the slower digesting ones would cause less insulin spike, thus not taking you as far out of ketosis in the first place. once you have been doing it a while, you can go completely out of ketosis and be back in within 6-8 hours. the AP will help blunt your insulin response.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
remember that kicking you out of ketosis for real is more about insulin response than just getting carbs in blood. For the most part the slower digesting ones would cause less insulin spike, thus not taking you as far out of ketosis in the first place. once you have been doing it a while, you can go completely out of ketosis and be back in within 6-8 hours. the AP will help blunt your insulin response.
Good point. So, considering ketosis, I should avoid the sugary pre/post workout stuff? I guess it will just have to be a trial and error thing. I've been taking dex+malto 50g PWO for a couple weeks, and fat loss still seems good, along w/ increased muscular size and endurance.

(If it ain't broke?)

How does WMS fit in the GI category? Would it be a better option in this situation. Or something like Cytocarb (which may just be fancy malto)?

I appreciate the input, guys.

Edit: I've realized that I use parentheses in place of commas way too often (even though I like it).

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its so hard to say, cause GI isn't everything there is also hmm I think its IR - insulin response. so somethings that are lower in GI have a higher IR than things with a higher GI. and then too all those numbers are in a vacuum - if all you had at that meal was that item. add anything else, and the effective GI changes. better to just experiment and base it around your personal insulin reactions.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm...

I have a glucometer. I am going to pick up some ketone testing strips. I could take an extra min. or two a day and chart glucose readings and ketogenic states vs. type of carb, how much carbs, with or w/out AP, etc.

I wonder how long a person would need to stay on any given schedule to have plausible numbers to work with? Two weeks?

its so hard to say, cause GI isn't everything there is also hmm I think its IR - insulin response. so somethings that are lower in GI have a higher IR than things with a higher GI. and then too all those numbers are in a vacuum - if all you had at that meal was that item. add anything else, and the effective GI changes. better to just experiment and base it around your personal insulin reactions.