BCAA/size-on before HIIT?

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
im trying to shred up my stomach a bit for summer(im 5'9 161lb @ 12%ish bf, trying to get down to 10%), so im doing 10-15 minutes of HIIT before each workout 3x/week. (separate HIIT is not an option)

i mix 1 scoop of size-on with either: 10G BCAA + 10G whey or 20G BCAA... drink 1/2 of that about 20 minutes before HIIT and continue to sip the rest through my entire workout.

now my understanding is that HIIT's effects on fat loss are continued throughout the day, and are not solely due to the time spent running like stead-state cardio...

so my question is, drinking the sizeon/bcaa mixture before/during exercise is not going to effect fat loss will it?

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
BCAA's can never do harm, they are great to take before cardio for there muscle sparing effects as you probably already know. Many people say not to take protein before cardio as you will burn the protein as energy, but it takes atleast 30-40 min for protein to even be utilized by the body so if you are doing 15 min of cardio then there is no problem.

Fat loss is a simple equation of being at a caloric deficit within a 24 hour period, whether the calories you burn are carb cals or fat cals it really doesn't matter imo.