Newbie Help

paulygon

paulygon

Awards
Newbie Help

How long should go when you are gaining, before you should cut? I don’t think I have seriously cut for about 2 years, and feel that I should, but wanted to know if there is a standard or perhaps an average time for cutting and bulking.

With this idea of cutting in mind I am looking to find decent supplements and methods of losing weight both healthily and safely.

I am 5’10, 246, and I am at about 22% body fat. I would like to drop this body fat percentage considerably, and would like to drop down to around 220-225.

Though I have a good amount of body fat, I also am an avid lifter, hit the gym hard. I go four days on, one off.
Day one: Chest/ Triceps
Day two: Back/ Biceps
Day Three: Legs/ Forearms
Day Four; Shoulders/ Traps

Each day I also warm up with 30 minutes of cardio, and end each day with at least one or two abdominal exercises.

My diet is clean, nothing but chicken, tuna, rice, whole wheat bread, and everything good like that. I just have to be stricter when it comes to cheat foods, and I think I should be ok.

Please, I would love any ideas on supplements, and different methods to get the fat off both quickly, and safely. Up the cardio? Run in the morning????? Help out a newbie!

Thanks,

Paul

Supplements I take now:
Multi- MVP
Fish Oil
Flax Seed Oil
BCAA’s

Pre Workout
Kwik Karb:65-72 grams
Protein- 1 scoop of ProComplex: 25-30 grams of Protein
Beta Alanine- 2-3 grams
BCAAs

Post Workout
True Protein Waxy M. Aminogen/Vitamin Mix: 50-65 grams
Protein: 1 Serving- 50-55 grams of protein
BCAAs
Beta Alanine- 2 grams

What should I add/ what should I subtract? HELP!

lilanimal

Awards
ur supplements are fine. Cutting all comes down to a calorie deficit. Find out how much ur eating now and cut out 200-400 calories out of that daily. Generally when i cut, i have high and low carb days. It takes some time getting used to. you want to aim for 1-2 pounds a week of loss. This is gunna require a strict diet and cardio 4-6 times a week. If you are losing more than 1-2 pounds a week step up the cals a lil bit. Once the fat loss slows down thats when I come in with a supp. I perfer eca stack now. I have used lipo and seen ok results. hope this helps some.