Increasing Fish Oil

jpb8200

jpb8200

Awards
Currently i'm taking Spring Valley Fish Oil Caps.

I take 6 which is 7.2g/1.296g EPA/864mg DHA daily.

Would upping my intake to something like 10 a day help with fat loss? Or should i go any higher?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Currently i'm taking Spring Valley Fish Oil Caps.

I take 6 which is 7.2g/1.296g EPA/864mg DHA daily.

Would upping my intake to something like 10 a day help with fat loss? Or should i go any higher?
Fish oil is only one component in an effective fat-loss programme. Your current dosage appears appropriate. Increasing to 10g daily might not bring any noticeable difference. Paired with an appropriate diet, though, and combined with an effective weight training and cardio programme, your fish oil would show a noticeable impact on your weight loss and general health. Others may want to add some other supplements to this protocol. All in all, though, fish oil alone is not enough. Increasing the dose may even yield undesirable effects after a certain point.

jpb8200

jpb8200

Awards
Diet is getting there. Exercise is good.

Just mainly asking about the fish oil.

What sort of undesirable results do you speak of?

skunkman

Awards
High doses of fish oil can increase platelet aggregation, diarrhea, stomach discomfort, produce high mercury, and high levels ofpolycholrinated biphenyls. I personally use 10 grams a day and have no issues. You would really have no problem increasing your dose. If you do a search for fish oil you will probably find easyejls's log were he mega dosing. Also poloquin advocates a doses of 30-50g a day for periods of no more than eight weeks. I don't know how much of an increase will help with fat loss but it can certainly help with your mood.