Quick Check on my cutting technique

• Thread starter 1337 MG42Maniac
  • Start date
1337 MG42Maniac

1337 MG42Maniac

Awards
Hey,

Since October I have been trying to slim down so that come summer I am in shape and won't look a total tool on the beach

Been working out Since Sept 03 but only seriously since June 2004, I am happy with the strength and muscle gains but struggle to keep my fat levels down.

Since roughly October I have changed my routine and have been doing the following and I just wondered if anyone could tell me if its actually a good routine as its taking a while to get real results!

Mon:
20 mins warming up on Cross Trainer at a medium level
3 Mins warming up for HIIT on Treadmill with 10 mins HIIT (1 min fast run, 1 min slow jog & repeat 5 times) and 3 Mins cool down
3 Mins warming up for HIIT on Cross Trainer with 10 mins HIIT (1 min medium/high resistance level, 1 min very high & repeat 5 times) and 3 Mins cool down
Shoulders & Legs - normally 3/4 exercises for each @ 3x6
Abs - assorted exercises

Tues
3 Mins warming up for HIIT on Treadmill with 10 mins HIIT (1 min fast run, 1 min slow jog & repeat 5 times) and 3 Mins cool down
3 Mins warming up for HIIT on Cross Trainer with 10 mins HIIT (1 min medium/high resistance level, 1 min very high & repeat 5 times) and 3 Mins cool down
Chest & Back - normally 3/4 exercises for each @ 3x6
Abs - assorted exercises

Thurs
Bicep, Forearms & Tricep- normally 3 exercises for bi & tri and 2 for forearms @ 3x6
Abs - assorted exercises

Is there anything fundamentally wrong with the above or is it a case of sticking with it? I a bit worried there is maybe not enough cardio going on!

My diet I would say is good, I try to limit my fat intake to 40g a day and try and eat as much protein as possible from lean sources and try and keep the carbs down. I also drink loads of water and try to space my meals out throughout the day. The main area ( I know its almost impossible to target specific areas for weight loss) I want to slim down on is my Stomach as I have some annoying pockets of fat around my hips but my stomach it self is pretty much flat with the abs showing through but not that well.

I am trying to keep as much muscle as possible during the cutting phase hence the HIIT and high protein intake, would it be better to drop the carbs to almost nothing?

Thanks in advance!

JDF

Awards
  • Established
I would say think about moving cardio to after your weight training session so you can really crank up the intensity.

You may be doing to much HIIT and it might be draining on your CNS, possibly switch that up a little bit and do some low intensity and HIIT throughout your week.

I just stated on a CKD/AD diet, freaking awsome. If you've never looked into that then def use the search tool and do so.

Im no expert my any means but those are just a few idea's that popped into my head when reading through. Good luck!