Newbie needs some help!!! PLEASE!!!

GoBucks614

Awards
So... Where do I start. I guess an introduction. Hello, my name is Brad. I have just recently started to diet/workout/supplement. One year ago I weighed 195 (im six foot tall). As of last week (Monday Jan 28th) I was 245 (ouch).

I'm getting married in may and want to drop some, if not all the weight I have gained in the year by May 24th (a push from the future Mrs. didnt hurt either). I have started counting calories ,currently taking in 1690 or less a day, doing cardio (5 days a week, 35-45 mins a time (about 660 cals according to the machines), lifting weights in cycles (one day arms, legs, back etc.), and supplementing with whey protein shakes (3 servings a day... one mid after noon and a double after workout), Lipo 6x used as directed 2 pills twice daily, and a once a day multi vitamin geared towards weight loss.
In about one week I have gotten down to 238.8 (as of monday feb. 4th), but that was just from the pills and little cardio. this has been the first week i have gone to the gym (started on Feb 4th, will be going M,T,W,F,S)

It seems as if you guys (and gals) Have a lot of usefull knowledge that maybe i could benifit from.

Should i change what im doing at all? Should I "Stack" (if so please explain in lehmens terms b/c i have no ideas about this stuff, just learning)???

Any help would be appreciated and I will keep everyone informed as to my progress. Pics, as bad as they might be now, will be up by this weekend.

Also, please tell me streight up if my goal of 50 lbs is realistic... i dont know if it is or not... i am very disiplined and will do whatever it takes!

Thanks in advance!!!!
-Brad

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hrmm 50lbs in almost 15weeks correct? Thats about 3 lbs a week. A tough stretch but may be obtainable if your work ethic is solid and diet/training/cardio is on point. I think 25-30 is def obtainable

I'd look into CKD or The anabolic diet. Throw in a few 14day runs of the velocity diet and I think you could get close.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its kind of tight to do it in that time. the other problem is tha the harder you crash down, the more likely you are to bounce back up. It also means you are less building long term habits to avoid getting here again, but more doing a crash diet.

Still doable mind you :) Just would be better in 25-30 weeks.

GoBucks614

Awards
wow... i cant believe two replys already... thanks guys.
I would liek to lose it all in that time rame, but even half of that or so would meake me happy.
Sorry for thew maybe stupid question, but i dont know anything about these diets (Velocity ckd etc) that distilled sugested. I think i found a link, but anyone with experience with these or helpfull advice would be awsome. What do they consist of? Velosity is shake only right? Whatrgoes in the shake?? Again, sorry for my nube-ness.

-Brad

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
velocity can SEEM expensive as its a lot of protein to buy. but since you eat nothing else during that time, its not too bad. I think you burn thru a tub of their metabolic drive in something like 3 days on velocity, at $30/tub. Cheaper ways to get the proteins tho, we can guide you on that.

Looks like the site that it is on is being flaky right now, or i'd post a link to the whole diet. basically its proper protein shakes, some fiber added, fish oil (as capsules) and using a carbohydrate containing post workout drink. not much else (a multivitamin of course)

GoBucks614

Awards
velocity can SEEM expensive as its a lot of protein to buy. but since you eat nothing else during that time, its not too bad. I think you burn thru a tub of their metabolic drive in something like 3 days on velocity, at $30/tub. Cheaper ways to get the proteins tho, we can guide you on that.

Looks like the site that it is on is being flaky right now, or i'd post a link to the whole diet. basically its proper protein shakes, some fiber added, fish oil (as capsules) and using a carbohydrate containing post workout drink. not much else (a multivitamin of course)
That sound like something i could do... i need a drastic change
When that site come up again (i found the link i think) i will prolly try it... what are some "cheaper Alternatives" to the protein powder.... right now i have GNC Whey powder (only 2 jugs)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That sound like something i could do... i need a drastic change
When that site come up again (i found the link i think) i will prolly try it... what are some "cheaper Alternatives" to the protein powder.... right now i have GNC Whey powder (only 2 jugs)
Make your own mix at trueprotein.com. They're a board sponsor. Just figure how long and how much protein you'll need and order that amount in LBS. You can do 2 lbs of a few flavors to keep it interesting for taste sake.

Something like 50% Micellar Casien/ 50% Whey Isolate (cheapest version) and your good to go. Cost shouldn't be too high either.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
maybe try 45 micellar, 40 whey isolate, 15 psyllium husk. that way it has the fiber built in. I think those ratios will give you about 10g of fiber for every 40g of protein. :) something close to that.

GoBucks614

Awards
damn... you guys are informative as hell !! :)
as soon as i can see that link to the diet, ill purchase supplies and try it i think.... just need to make sure what is best for me
Thanks for all the help so far and keep it coming... wil check the post again later tonight!
-Brad

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you should start with the CKD or AD for a few weeks then try the velocity diet. I only say this because some people can crash hard when takeing carbs out. On top of that your going super low on cals and hunger may become and issue. On this CKD/AD after the ~15 days on it hunger wasn't an issue for me at all. I think it would be much easier for myself to hit the velocity diet than it would have been 8 weeks ago.

Just some thought, what do you think Easy?

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
Some things to note: It takes your body many more calories to digest protein and fibrous veggies than it does to digest fat or carbs. So 2000 calories of protein and veggies is better than 2000 calories of carbs. You will actually lose weight eating the protein and veggies. In fact, with fibrous veggies, you can eat as much as you want without worrying about the calories. They all take more energy to process than they provide.

I've done what you are describing also. I came down from 260 to 190.

However, let me make a strong strong suggestion for you: As soon as you get to your goal weight, start weightlifting (if you aren't already). It is very easy to put fat back on after a weight loss routine like that. If you start weightlifting immediately, (3 times a week), even if you fall off the wagon, you will gain lots of muscle. Plus, since you will be thin then, you will be able to see all the muscle growth easily. Trust me on this one.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
definitely takes some time to adjust to low carbs if you've never done it before.