Back for advise : Help

cabrar

Awards
Hi Friends,
This is Alex again( I posted Morbidly obese thread and received tons of advise from you all: thanks).
It has been a month since I started my new life. As per your advise I have been having 6 meals a day. Lots of protein, carbs mostly from vegetables and workingout 5 times a week. Since my journey (started jan 1st) I only lost 4 pounds. I seriously didn`t cheat. Did HIIT workout 3 times a week and weight training the other two days. I am 5 ft 8, now 253 pounds and really struggling. For HIIT , I mainly do elliptical and some treadmill. Really upset. I want to be lean and cut and want to live a life like other people. Good news is my craving for food is down now.I have been taking Lipo 6x, which gives me more energy when I workout. I want to have 36 waist size from 42 inch. Your advise will be highly appreciated.
Thanks Friends
Alex

NP HUlK

NP HUlK

Awards
Alex,
Hey buddy glad to see you making a step in the right direction to better your life. The main advice i can give you is give it some time it is a marathon not a sprint. I was also wondering how much sleep you get? THis can be a big part of your problem. ALso how much education do you have about lifting? Hang in there man!

Nate

bigrabbit

Awards
Good to see that next step towards success!!! :)
You won't transform overnight it could take months no it will take months, allow a cheat meal once or twice a week, how many calories do you eat a day? Make sure to drink plenty of water!!! Sleep at least 8 hours a day!!!

cabrar

Awards
Alex,
Hey buddy glad to see you making a step in the right direction to better your life. The main advice i can give you is give it some time it is a marathon not a sprint. I was also wondering how much sleep you get? THis can be a big part of your problem. ALso how much education do you have about lifting? Hang in there man!

Nate
Thanks Buddy. I dont get enough sleep. Working full time and also going to grad school part time. I spoke to my physician and he said being overweight is also the cause of my sleap apnea.
I need advise about lifting Please. I do heavy weights and low repetations till muscles burn and ache. I do chest , back and legs alternate days.

cabrar

Awards
Good to see that next step towards success!!! :)
You won't transform overnight it could take months no it will take months, allow a cheat meal once or twice a week, how many calories do you eat a day? Make sure to drink plenty of water!!! Sleep at least 8 hours a day!!!
Thanks BigRabbit. I try to eat around 1600 calories a day. Sleep: not getting full 8 hrs sleep. My time is very limited. Working , school and giving time to my woman leaves me very little time to get proper rest. I seriously have to try to sleep longer than what I am doing now

Train4Life

Awards
Lippo 6-X

Alex,
I've been taking the Lippo 6-X for roughly 4-5 weeks now as well. I've had great success with the weight loss having started working out and eating healthy since the beginning of January. You mentioned you try to eat around 1600 calories a day, please give us a basic run down of your meal plans, what types of food are these calories coming from. That is a big key. If you haven't yet, jump on fitday.com and figure out your daily calorie levels and plug in the food your eating to keep a running total. If you don't have a food scale, GET ONE, biggest mistake is underestimating your portions. We started in a simular boat, 5' 10, 221 lbs when i started, still 5' 10 down to 206 lbs now.
Give us a detailed menu of what exactly it is your eating, and believe me, these guys on here will give you tremendous feed back that you can put to use.
Keep it up and don't expect results over night.

NP HUlK

NP HUlK

Awards
Well first you need to start by getting your diet and sleep in check. After this I would recomend circuit training to loose weight and I would also recomend lower weight high reps. Have you considered getting a personal trainer?

cabrar

Awards
Alex,
I've been taking the Lippo 6-X for roughly 4-5 weeks now as well. I've had great success with the weight loss having started working out and eating healthy since the beginning of January. You mentioned you try to eat around 1600 calories a day, please give us a basic run down of your meal plans, what types of food are these calories coming from. That is a big key. If you haven't yet, jump on fitday.com and figure out your daily calorie levels and plug in the food your eating to keep a running total. If you don't have a food scale, GET ONE, biggest mistake is underestimating your portions. We started in a simular boat, 5' 10, 221 lbs when i started, still 5' 10 down to 206 lbs now.
Give us a detailed menu of what exactly it is your eating, and believe me, these guys on here will give you tremendous feed back that you can put to use.
Keep it up and don't expect results over night.

Pretty clean menu; Oatmeal (low sugar) for breakfast.
2 hrs later: apple or broccoli for snack
Lunch; chicken breast; 5 oz brown organic rice. salad(no dressing0
2 hrs later: Cauliflower/ cucumber snack/8 to 9 almonds

Dinner; Lean beef steak. Roasted vegetable. Chicken broath.

Train4Life

Awards
your not eating enough
I agree Doug, based on what your telling us you eat, your body is probably hoarding all the calories, fat and carbs you take in. Where's the protein shakes? Pick up some inexpensive low fat, low carb, low cal protein and mix it with water, not milk. I like Evopro chocolate and the berry flavors. I usually mix it with twice the amount of water it recommends per serving and add some fiber supplement to it. Benni-fiber or something simular.
Based on your body size and not taking into consideration your physical activity, your body should be burning in the neighborhood of 2800+ calories. Your trying to cut that number nearly in half. Disaster. Try taking in somewhere in the area of 2400-2500 for a week or so. More meals, shakes & fruit. Then re-evaluate your situation and critique it from there and keep us in the loop.