Leviathan RL with Shake?

RyanOFelt

Awards
If im using Leviathan reloaded, ive been told to take it right when I wake up on an empty stomach and then eat like 30 minutes later. However, I also know that a protein shake is important when you wake up to prevent catabolism. Can I take them both, and if not, which should I take first? I really don't have time before school to have a shake, wait then take the Levithan, wait and then eat breakfast, and previously I just took the levithan and then ate like half an hour later.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
If im using Leviathan reloaded, ive been told to take it right when I wake up on an empty stomach and then eat like 30 minutes later. However, I also know that a protein shake is important when you wake up to prevent catabolism. Can I take them both, and if not, which should I take first? I really don't have time before school to have a shake, wait then take the Levithan, wait and then eat breakfast, and previously I just took the levithan and then ate like half an hour later.
The trick is that you dont want to take leviathan close to meals because the insulin release that is triggered from carbohydrates will negate the thermogenic effects of yohimbine.

So ideally you want to take LR either 45 mins before, or 45 mins after meals (assuming they contain carbs)

BUT, assuming that your protein shake is a regular scoop of whey based protein (as opposed to a weight gainer with +++ levels of sugar / carbs), there is typically under 5g per serving of carbs, and typically none of these are simple carbs anyways.

So a simple shake shouldnt raise insulin much at all. 30 mins is fine

The simpler option would be to wake up, drink the shake.. and just take the Lev-Reloaded wheenevr... it doesnt make a difference if you take it within the first hour of waking up, or 3 hours afterwards. in this case.. just wait 45-90 mins after the shake

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Another option is to pop down a quick BCAA drink with 5-10g of BCAAs in it right on waking to kill the catabolism and take the leviathan with it. I started using a BCAA/GABA drink for by the bed at night. So no prebed protein, but each time I wake to use the bathroom I drink a little of that.