Velocity Diet To 10/10 Transformation

Page 9 of 10 First ... 78910 Last

1. I started a slightly modified velocity diet yesterday...

here are the links to the original articles in 2005

http://www.t-nation.com/article/diet...ocity_diet&cr=

http://www.t-nation.com/article/diet...et_part_ii&cr=

2. End of Phase 2

Beginning:
    Waist: 29.75
    Thigh L/R: 24/24
    Calf L/R: 15.75/15.75
    Chest: 40.75
    Upper Abs: 33
    Hips/Glutes: 37.75
    Shoulders: 47.5
    Upper Arm L/R: 14.625/14.5
    Weight: 169.4

End: 3/08/2008
    Waist: 30.25
    Thigh: 24.5/24.5
    Calf: same
    Chest: 41
    Upper Abs: 33.25
    Hip/Glutes: 38
    Shoulders: 47.75
    Upper Arm: same
    Weight: 173.8

Total increase of weight for phase 2: 4.4 lbs.
    •   

3. Today begins the first day of phase 3. The calorie cutting begins. It's gunna be tough gettin rid of all that fruit from my diet. In order to kill my apetite i will be using an ECA stack. I'll probably be dosing this 2-3 times a day. I'm also gunna add some NEPA walks to this phase to help with the fat loss. I'll be performing NEPA walks everyday for the next three weeks. From my expeirence with NEPA walks there a great way to increase work capacity, and there actually very energizing and relaxing.

Here's a template of how my diet will look like the next 3 weeks:

7:30 am
    can of tuna
    mixed veggies or stir fry veggies
    2 teaspoons of fish oil
    acai berries 2 tbls. spoons
    green tea
    greens +

10:30 am
    handful of almonds/mixed nuts

1:00 pm
    turkey/roastbeef with asssorted veggies

4:00 pm
    handful of mixed nuts/almonds (i think im gunna limit the amount of cheese during snacks, i always seem to have difficult digesting cheese)

7:00pm
    TRAINING DAYS = pre/post workout drink
    non training days = salmon with a sh!t load of spinach
    2 teaspoons of fishoil
    2 tablespoons of acai berries
    greens +
    peppermint tea (kill some apetite and quite refreshing)

right before sleep: 100 grams of dark chocolate with 10 grams of BCAA

the training gunna be:
    3 unilateral circuit training = M,W,F
    2 lactic acid inducing sprint/biking = T,TH
    NEPA walks 25-40 min. = Everyday

I have 2 schedule cheat meals a week one on tuesday and the other on saturday. These meals will most likely be clean, with the addition of some complex carbs, for example: a nice sub

Week1 i will be voiding all cheat meals because yesterday i had a huge cheat meal (chick Fil A sandwach and huge milkshake) to finish off phase 2. I feel like my leptin levels have sky rocketed back to normal, therefore cheat meals won't be necessary for the first week.

Notes about Phase 2:
    Phase 2 was pretty rough, the high frequency training will deff. catch up to u around the end of week two. I was constantly hungry even though i was taking a surplus of calories. People were saying i looked pale in the face and really tierd. The four days off at the end is a BLESSING. This quick break allows your body to recover from the harsh training u had to go through the past 2.5 weeks. Expect to put on at least 1.5 to 2 pounds in just these four days. Sleep kicked ass during the past 2 days, averaged about 9.5 hours of sleep a night, apetite is slowly going back to normal again, and i've gained color back in my face.

Phase 2 was a success. I put on a decent amount of weight the past 3 weeks. Although i do not believe all of it is lean mass, some seems to be fat, as ive lost some rippness and vascularity. I can't wait for the end of phase 3! That's when i'll really start seeing some results!
    :bb3:

4. Just got back from the first workout of phase 3, it looked like this

8x3 unilateral circuit training
    rest: 30 secs between sets

A1 one-arm lat pulldown
    A2 one-arm dumbbell bench press
    A3 single-leg dumbbell deadlift

note: u perform each movement with the weaker limb first, do not hold dumbbell on other side, instead force your core to stabilize the movement, no rest between limbs

I knocked out this workout with a pretty good pace, kept the intensity up, i had to figure out what weight to use, so i will adjust next week, overall solid workout i like the idea of unilateral trianing, hits the core really well, especially one-arm dumbbell presses

food intake was minimal today, sucks having to knockout all that fruit. The ECA is deff. helping, its the intial days that are the worst when your leaning out, cause your stomach has to adjust and shrink down to size. Also, low carb diets have such a diuretic effect, already noticing my face is looking draw

5. Phase 3, second workout:

unilateral circuit training: 5x8, 45 seconds rest

A1 1 arm (standing) DB shoulder press
    A2 1 arm bent DB row
    A3 single leg DB deadlifts
    A4 pistol squats

solid workout, my obliques were so sore from the first workout. Seriously, if u wanna stimulate your core, like u've never done before, drop the situps, drop the leg lifts, sh!t drop the deadlifts for that matter, and do one of these unilateral workouts! nuts!
    •   

6. horrible day today...

i felt soo sh!tty, the past couple of days ive grown increasingly sluggish, i had trouble sleeping last night, i kept on waking up! fcuk! I was so grouchy at work, anybody who walked into the store, i just wanted to wring their neck! on top of that i had to freaking study for a midterm for tommarow!
    i think i may have to modify this diet. I'm thinking some sort of complex carbs with lean protein first thing in the morning, to help me get through the day. I'll try this out for the next couple of days, if this doesnt work, im switching out of waterbury's diet plan and I will be using Joel Marion's cheat to lose priming phase plan.

personally this plan may better be suited for me, week one is low carb/high fat, high protein meals, week 2 low glycemic load carbs (certains fruits/legumes)/moderate fat, high protein meals, week 3 moderate glycemic load (certain starches), low fat, high protein meal. If i do start this plan it won't be til prob. sunday. I'll go head and finish up the week with waterbury's diet plan

Pros:
    Increased carb intake, which i think my body is desperatlely in need of

Cons:
    No more cheat meals throughout the week
    5 meals instead of six meals

... im starting to think the v-diet to 10/10 transformation is paying a toll on my body. I hope these adjustments will help. Although, i'm tweaking this diet, the training is still on 100%

7. Could the waking up at night be because of the ECA? You taking it late at night?

Seems like you were getting some awesome results but if you arent functioning right then its probably time to switch things up

8. Quote Originally Posted by JDF View Post
    Could the waking up at night be because of the ECA? You taking it late at night?

Seems like you were getting some awesome results but if you arent functioning right then its probably time to switch things up
    nah i don't think it is, i usally dose it first thing in the morning, and then usally another at like 2 o clock in the afternoon. (don't even feel the stimuliant sides anymore)

part of the problem with waterbury's diet plan, is the use of green veggies at each meal.

Many experts like beardi and thibs over at t-nation, say certain veggies like spinach, brocolli, celery, peppers, contain so much fiber, that your body barely absorbs the calorie content found in these veggies. Thibs even sugggests when counting calories, to not even count green veggies. With that being said, im going to continue with waterbury's plan, becuase your right, i was gettin really good results with it; i plan on incorporating more variety of veggies, some with some calorie content, carrots, some peas etc. I think my sluggishness lately was caused by this.

ON workout days i will incorprate small amount of complex carbs in the morning prob. half cup of oat bran with some whey.

I think this will be a better option, so that im not completely ditching waterbury's plan.

I think part of the waterbury's plan is that is really simple. Convient? yes. but it's so simple, that certain issues, such as the one i spoke of above do not get answereed

so to recap: i will continue with waterbury's diet plan for the rest of phase 3.

9. The anabolic stack is working pretty nasty for me. I now its probably mostly cosmetic and from some other things im doing but Im pretty pump'd all day long. I'm doing....

5gr Creatine Mono
    5gr Glutamine
    2TBS Glycerine
    Down at least 32oz water
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

10. distillled thats awesome, im glad its workin', sh!it if i had the funds right now, i would deff. give that stack a try, but as of now im barely scrabbin' by with food haha

11. put up some new pics, im gettin there... slowly but surely

12. glycogen storages a little depleted, deff can tell in my rear delts, from the photo i took in mid february (during phase 2), should fill back up come phase 4,

DIETING SUCKS but whatever, 2 more weeks!

13. nice back definition!

14. haha thanks EZ, yeah i want that Christmas tree!

15. Yea you can tell your a little depleated in the shoulders, damn glycogen!!!!

Progress is lookin good though. I'm back on a 33% split of the macros and am def holding some water with that + anabolic stack Look like a stud with my shirt on
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

16. erectors too, there usally swoll

17. DAMN i feel so good today!!!
    Just got back from training, damn i train so much better mid afternoon.

I'm usally at work til like 9 so i never get to train ti like 10. My lifts felt so much better today, lighter, faster!

After a nice relaxing weekend, im feeling much better than i was mid last week. I kept on blaming the diet, when in reality i think it was the quality of my sleep.

I added a sleep stack prior to bed works really well.
    ZMA
    Meltonin
    5 HTP
    and some chamolile tea follow it up with a steam hot shower, sh!t puts u straight to sleep, and KEEPS u to sleep.

Another reason why i like to train in the mid afternoon, is exercise tends to suppress your apetite, very helpful on a diet.

18. Glad you decided to stick it out Carlos...ZMA seems to really make the difference on whether I sleep or not as well

19. ZMA kicks ass! always gives me some wierd-ass vivid dreams

20. I hadn't taken it in about a week and took it last night...dreamed I was a superhero and saved my g/f - freaking nuts bro

21. haha that's awesome,

planned cheat meal today: probably gunna go with 2 6' inch turkey/wheat subs, (clean) no mayo, just the regular fixings, with an apple and maybee some natty peanutbutter

stepped on the scale first time since the end of phase 2, 168.5, down a couple of pounds, sure some of its water and glycogen

interval training 21 minutes of bike sprints

22. great sleep last night, again prob. because of the sleep stack,

just got back from my workout, really solid workout, upped the weight a bit on the first two exercises, progression from last week = 1 rep extra

5x9 unilateral training 45 sec rest

one arm shoulder presses
    one arm dumbbell rows
    single leg deads
    pistol squats

unilateral training kicks ass! I can tell a big difference since i started doin the single leg deads, all this unilateral training has really helpped with any imbalances. Before i started this program my abuctors/adductors were imbalenced, the single leg deads and pistol squats have really helped disolve this issue. Can't wait to lift heavy again!

23. single leg deads sounds awkward. I may give it a whirl. did you use a db for that and the pistol squats?

24. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    single leg deads sounds awkward. I may give it a whirl. did you use a db for that and the pistol squats?

DB for the single leg deadlifts, bodyweight for the pistol squats (i bottomed out)

25. I'll say it again Dieting sucks but watever, 1 more week!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Velocity Diet! I Think I am going to do it!
    By oxman in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-27-2008, 12:53 PM
  2. Road to OCT 10 SSA meet
    By jcp2 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 03:18 PM
  3. looking to drop 10 pounds or so
    By nocaster in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 04:11 PM
  4. Replies: 9