Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
  1. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I was pondering doing a true protein blend of 40% isolate, 40% micellar casein and 20% fiber from psyllium husks

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.42%

Quote Originally Posted by Neil5585 View Post
    I'm not entirely sure on this, really. However I would say it depends on bodyfat. If someone is quite chubby I don't think doing a 2 week bulk would be very productive, even after 2 weeks on the V diet. I'd probably jump start it with a month of V-Diet and then maybe look to do some muscle gain once leaner so insulin can properly do its job to help gain muscle.

I think people should get reasonably lean before worrying about bulking up. When you're fat and you try to bulk, it's usually pretty worthless (from a bodybuilding point of view) because you gain way too much fat compared to muscle.

I'd have to read up more on Waterbury's 10/10 program.

I rather like Poliquin's Super Accumulation Program for the fastest mass possible without using steroids. Although the results may even rival the juice...hello, 10 lbs in 6 weeks? Sheesh. Poliquin has mentioned 8 lbs in 3 weeks. I've done 5 lbs per 3 weeks, done twice. That was with only whey protein and food...I want to push the limits and see if I can hit that 8 lbs in 3 weeks mark he has mentioned with supplements like very high dose BCAAs, hydrolyzed whey/WMS shakes, Anabolic Pump, and some others. I don't think most people can handle the eating required for this to work, though, let alone the 9 full body workouts per week for two weeks....

So I guess when it comes down to it, the fastest fat loss diet I've seen is the Velocity Diet. The fastest program for gaining lean mass is the Super Accumulation Program. I've read lots of stuff on forums about the SAP with people saying they were doing it...well guess what? Not many people actually did the whole thing, and many complained it didn't work if they "finished" it. I just don't think they trained hard enough or ate enough. Seriously we're realistically talking 10,000 calories plus per day for the recovery week. The perpetual pump you have that week is absolutely insane...my shoulders felt so tight that my range of motion seriously was very restricted.

So yeah, depending on your BF, 3-4 weeks of V-Diet (with a big cheat day after 2 weeks) and then 2 cycles of the SAP. I'd throw in some recovery time between the two I think, like a week tapering up calories. That way realistically you'd have 9-10 weeks to lose 10 lbs of fat and gain 10 lbs of muscle, or better. If anyone thinks they have the balls to attempt this please start a log! I'd love to see that lol.
    I could see why u would think that a bulking phase would be unproductive for somebody with a high BF% to start with, but waterbury's diet plan EVEN ON THE BULK PHASES which last 3 WEEKS in length, require you to eat really clean, with the exception of some cheat meals. I think the idea behind waterbury's bulk phase is to take in just enough calories to stimulate (MAXIMIZE) lean muscle mass, while reducing the chances of fat gain. Taken directly from his ebook:
    "The key, however, is to not eat so much that you gain fat. If you gain a little, itís fine, but we want to minimize fat gain at all costs."
    "Iíve never been a fan of high calorie diets because theyíre too difficult for most people to follow and they tend to, of course, make people fat."

You speak of the Super Accumulation Program which sounds like an awesome program; 9 full body workouts in one week. That's High frequency training at its best; but to be honest, do you really think most traniees would have the work capacity to handle such a routine? I think most traniees who lack the experience as well as work capacity (keep in mind, this is assuming these traniees have done at least 3 total body workouts a week) would experience some real gains on waterbury's bulk phase which require 5 FULL BODY workouts a week; just a step up but not too overwhelming. Also, based on a High Frequency Training article i read over at t-nation, according to Waterbury it takes weeks to progress to over 8 full body workouts a week.
    But don't get me wrong, the Super Accumulation Program prob. is a very successful program, especially if its only run for two weeks. There's just so many variables to consider set/rep volume, a.m./p.m. workouts etc.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.42%

I'm not entirely sure on this, really. However I would say it depends on bodyfat. If someone is quite chubby I don't think doing a 2 week bulk would be very productive, even after 2 weeks on the V diet. I'd probably jump start it with a month of V-Diet and then maybe look to do some muscle gain once leaner so insulin can properly do its job to help gain muscle.

I think people should get reasonably lean before worrying about bulking up. When you're fat and you try to bulk, it's usually pretty worthless (from a bodybuilding point of view) because you gain way too much fat compared to muscle.

I'd have to read up more on Waterbury's 10/10 program.

I rather like Poliquin's Super Accumulation Program for the fastest mass possible without using steroids. Although the results may even rival the juice...hello, 10 lbs in 6 weeks? Sheesh. Poliquin has mentioned 8 lbs in 3 weeks. I've done 5 lbs per 3 weeks, done twice. That was with only whey protein and food...I want to push the limits and see if I can hit that 8 lbs in 3 weeks mark he has mentioned with supplements like very high dose BCAAs, hydrolyzed whey/WMS shakes, Anabolic Pump, and some others. I don't think most people can handle the eating required for this to work, though, let alone the 9 full body workouts per week for two weeks....

So I guess when it comes down to it, the fastest fat loss diet I've seen is the Velocity Diet. The fastest program for gaining lean mass is the Super Accumulation Program. I've read lots of stuff on forums about the SAP with people saying they were doing it...well guess what? Not many people actually did the whole thing, and many complained it didn't work if they "finished" it. I just don't think they trained hard enough or ate enough. Seriously we're realistically talking 10,000 calories plus per day for the recovery week. The perpetual pump you have that week is absolutely insane...my shoulders felt so tight that my range of motion seriously was very restricted.

So yeah, depending on your BF, 3-4 weeks of V-Diet (with a big cheat day after 2 weeks) and then 2 cycles of the SAP. I'd throw in some recovery time between the two I think, like a week tapering up calories. That way realistically you'd have 9-10 weeks to lose 10 lbs of fat and gain 10 lbs of muscle, or better. If anyone thinks they have the balls to attempt this please start a log! I'd love to see that lol.
    I could see why u would think that a bulking phase would be unproductive for somebody with a high BF% to start with, but waterbury's diet plan EVEN ON THE BULK PHASES which last 3 WEEKS in length, require you to eat really clean, with the exception of some cheat meals. I think the idea behind waterbury's bulk phase is to take in just enough calories to stimulate (MAXIMIZE) lean muscle mass, while reducing the chances of fat gain. Taken directly from his ebook:
    "The key, however, is to not eat so much that you gain fat. If you gain a little, itís fine, but we want to minimize fat gain at all costs."
    "Iíve never been a fan of high calorie diets because theyíre too difficult for most people to follow and they tend to, of course, make people fat."

You speak of the Super Accumulation Program which sounds like an awesome program; 9 full body workouts in one week. That's High frequency training at its best; but to be honest, do you really think most traniees would have the work capacity to handle such a routine? I think most traniees who lack the experience as well as work capacity (keep in mind, this is assuming these traniees have done at least 3 total body workouts a week) would experience some real gains on waterbury's bulk phase which require 5 FULL BODY workouts a week; just a step up but not too overwhelming. Also, based on a High Frequency Training article i read over at t-nation, according to Waterbury it takes weeks to progress to over 8 full body workouts a week.
    But don't get me wrong, the Super Accumulation Program prob. is a very successful program, especially if its only run for two weeks. There's just so many variables to consider set/rep volume, a.m./p.m. workouts etc.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.42%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I was pondering doing a true protein blend of 40% isolate, 40% micellar casein and 20% fiber from psyllium husks
    that may work but how many grams of fiber does that calulate out to? Shugart suggests like 20-25 total dietary fiber
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.51%

Quote Originally Posted by cranghel099 View Post

Well I'm still not convinced that trying to gain muscle is a good idea when pretty fat, cause insulin sensitivity sucks, regardless of calories eaten.

Trust me man the SAP with 9 workouts a week is a world of difference from Waterbury's 5-8 full body workouts per week. SAP every set is balls to the walls to failure...Waterbury is non-failure. I did work into it slightly by doing 3 full body workouts a week, but that's about it. I'm no god of recovery myself here. The point is it will bury you in those 2 weeks. You walk around constantly feeling like you got jumped the night before... lol
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.42%

Well I'm still not convinced that trying to gain muscle is a good idea when pretty fat, cause insulin sensitivity sucks, regardless of calories eaten.

Trust me man the SAP with 9 workouts a week is a world of difference from Waterbury's 5-8 full body workouts per week. SAP every set is balls to the walls to failure...Waterbury is non-failure. I did work into it slightly by doing 3 full body workouts a week, but that's about it. I'm no god of recovery myself here. The point is it will bury you in those 2 weeks. You walk around constantly feeling like you got jumped the night before... lol
    Yeah a BF% of 9 to 16 percent seems like the ideal range to where you would see the most results, anything above that you would have to take into consideration insulin sensitvity, but genetics play a huge role as well, even at a low bodyfat the occasional cheat meal could set back someone with inferior metabolism genes.
  7. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

that may work but how many grams of fiber does that calulate out to? Shugart suggests like 20-25 total dietary fiber
    I think it was right at 4.5g per shake, with 23ishg of protein, and 1g of fat, maybe 1g of carbs on top of that. I did it with the ion exchange whey. came to under $10 a pound that way.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.69%

I'm sorry to take this thread of track, but for this cheat day after 2 weeks on the v-diet I'm planning on eatting 15,000+ cals. Is there a limit or can I go crazy?
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Simpfan1278 View Post
    I'm sorry to take this thread of track, but for this cheat day after 2 weeks on the v-diet I'm planning on eatting 15,000+ cals. Is there a limit or can I go crazy?
    Why the f*ck would you want to do that?

Read the diet, Shugart considers the 'cheat' a restaurant meal, like a salad w/oil & vinegar and a lean steak with steamed veg. This diet is about as simple as it gets, no thinking required. Why do people constantly want to change stuff?

10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.42%

I think it was right at 4.5g per shake, with 23ishg of protein, and 1g of fat, maybe 1g of carbs on top of that. I did it with the ion exchange whey. came to under $10 a pound that way.
    Sounds solid go for it, but put in the extra dime and get premium flavors, true protien original flavors are god aweful
  11. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.14%

Quote Originally Posted by Simpfan1278 View Post
    If you go low carb, and below caloric maintenance, and totally drain your glycogen stores, you can have a day or so period where you can eat thousands of calories in just carbs, and they will go to replenish glycogen stores and never get stored as fat until glycogen is full again. And that is about 6 grams/KG of LBM. So if you have 200 lb's LBM, that's like 1200 carbs before glycogen is full again.
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.68%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

damn!
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.3%

Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    If you go low carb, and below caloric maintenance, and totally drain your glycogen stores, you can have a day or so period where you can eat thousands of calories in just carbs, and they will go to replenish glycogen stores and never get stored as fat until glycogen is full again. And that is about 6 grams/KG of LBM. So if you have 200 lb's LBM, that's like 1200 carbs before glycogen is full again.
    Would that not then pretty much halt fat loss until glycogen stores are depleted again? Seems like you would take 2 steps back halfway through the diet.
  14. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

not necessarily, because when you initially lost those you only lost glycogen, not fat. but after a few weeks of this your body is better adapted to using fat as a fuel, so you start burning fat again faster
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.51%

Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Would that not then pretty much halt fat loss until glycogen stores are depleted again? Seems like you would take 2 steps back halfway through the diet.

Hmm, depleted glycogen isn't needed to lose fat. That would pose a problem as glycogen stores aren't totally depleted when even keto dieting since the body produces glycogen out of amino acids, glycerol, and lactate. That's kinda like when some people say insulin stops fat loss...well good luck having no insulin unless you're totally fasting or eating a diet that's like 90-100% fat

In fact, if someone has ever tried a big ol' cheat day after weeks of very restrictive low carb dieting you may have noticed that you actually lose fat rather quickly after such a meal in the following week. However given that, I feel that 15,000+ calories is a tad ridiculous for just a cheat day. Unless you're drinking all these calories, you'd probably end up miserable. I wouldn't even worry about calories...I'd just go out and enjoy myself for a day with friends, having pizza here, burgers there, ice cream while out, etc. That should serve the purpose just fine and serve as an awesome mental vacation and still help in the fat loss/metabolism department.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.3%

It just seems pretty silly to me. If you are not going to follow the diet, why waste your time and money and say you are doing the 'V-Diet', when all you are really doing is CKD. It would be cheaper to just do this with chicken breasts/roughy/tilapia. You will not get the behavioral/taste changes, etc. Save your money and do carb cycling with whole foods.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.68%

X, question i had about the diet is, that he uses 4 servings of Flax per day to get fiber and fat. But, then also talks aobut using fiber tabs.

what is a good ballpark for how much fiber/fat we should be getting. Cause he also talks aobut 21 salmon caps on workout days. I have fish oil that is 750mg per serving. so how do you suppose i would corelate that? jsut do 21 of the fish caps that i have?

Also, that surge he uses POST workout has all sorts of sugar and dextrose. would a WMS supp be better post workout? I was actually thinking of using it PRE-workout, though. I'm not trying to change the diet, just to understand.......
  18. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.14%

It just seems pretty silly to me. If you are not going to follow the diet, why waste your time and money and say you are doing the 'V-Diet', when all you are really doing is CKD. It would be cheaper to just do this with chicken breasts/roughy/tilapia. You will not get the behavioral/taste changes, etc. Save your money and do carb cycling with whole foods.
    I wasn't refering the v-diet, I mean CKD specifically.

If you've adopted a diet like the anabolic diet, you should have made the behavoir changes already.
  19. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.14%

Quote Originally Posted by macedaddy View Post
    X, question i had about the diet is, that he uses 4 servings of Flax per day to get fiber and fat. But, then also talks aobut using fiber tabs.

what is a good ballpark for how much fiber/fat we should be getting. Cause he also talks aobut 21 salmon caps on workout days. I have fish oil that is 750mg per serving. so how do you suppose i would corelate that? jsut do 21 of the fish caps that i have?

Also, that surge he uses POST workout has all sorts of sugar and dextrose. would a WMS supp be better post workout? I was actually thinking of using it PRE-workout, though. I'm not trying to change the diet, just to understand.......

If you use metabolic drive, there is 1 gram of fiber per scoop. 2 scoops = 2 grams, + 2 fiber tabs (4 more grams) and 4 more grams from flax. That's like 10 grams of fiber, 43 grams of protien, add 4 fish oils, and you've got 13 grams of fat too. 6 grams of carbs that aren't fiber.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.3%

The fiber tabs are to keep you regular and solid, if you catch my drift. It also aids in feeling 'full'. I used 2/day, but I didn't think I needed them as the flax meal was pretty good at that. I would keep them on hand and use them as needed.

Regarding fish oil, I would check the EPA/DHA numbers on your caps vs. what is in Flameout and adjust the quantity up or down (probably up) to get the equivalent.

Surge was 'created' by Berardi and by his own admission, you could substitute WPI, gatorade and BCAA's. I like Surge, but its expensive. Surge is used during and post workout.

FWIW, I make my own now. 1 scoop WPI, 2 scoops WMS, 1 scoop powdered Gatorade in lots of cold water.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.3%

I wasn't refering the v-diet, I mean CKD specifically.

If you've adopted a diet like the anabolic diet, you should have made the behavoir changes already.
    Ok, I thought we were talking about a huge cheat meal of pizza, burgers and other crap in the middle of the V-Diet.

The behavior/taste changes that occur would mean craving broccoli or spinach instead of a pepperoni pizza.
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.68%

FWIW, I make my own now. 1 scoop WPI, 2 scoops WMS, 1 scoop powdered Gatorade in lots of cold water.
    what is your scoop size for the WMS? I bought bulk from Nutraplanet. 60cc or 70cc? less?
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.3%

what is your scoop size for the WMS? I bought bulk from Nutraplanet. 60cc or 70cc? less?
    Yeah, I use the same stuff. I used a 'leftover' scoop from something else. I think that 2 scoops was equal to 70g. I can verify scoop size tonight.

EDIT: 70cc scoop. Although I would not use WMS during the V-diet. Surge or the gatorade,WPI, BCAA mix. You need to keep the carbs low.
    Last edited by Xodus; 02-01-2008 at 11:47 PM.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.51%

Ok, I thought we were talking about a huge cheat meal of pizza, burgers and other crap in the middle of the V-Diet.

The behavior/taste changes that occur would mean craving broccoli or spinach instead of a pepperoni pizza.

Well I was talking about that, but only after the first two weeks in order to jack metabolism back up. I based this solely on my experience that fat loss slows significantly after the first two weeks, and a reasonable cheat day like mentioned can really help jack up metabolism and accelerate fat loss for the next 2 weeks.

If you're doing the diet for behavioral changes, then I would skip that method like you said.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.51%

Be careful mixing all kinds of things with WMS. This stuff is fast. Very fast. However it is slowed down by mixing lots of other things in with it, like whey protein for example. Just like the GI of dextrose is greatly reduced if you eat it with a hamburger... Not exactly the same thing, but I think that helps get the point across.

I'd use WMS with Peptopro or a highly hydrolyzed whey and you can toss in the creatine, beta alanine, and other aminos, too, but make sure you make it a 10-12% solution with water so that you absorb it faster. This means 1 liter of water for every 100g of total powder.

If you aren't going to use peptopro, EAAs, BCAAs, or a highly hydrolyzed whey, and you're going to use whey isolate for example, then I would take the WMS with creatine, beta alanine, etc by itself, then 10 minutes later take in the whey isolate. Part of the beauty of the WMS is its ability to drive nutrients into the cells like creatine, but this effect is lower when it's slowed down.

I also think you should use caution with the Surge experiments on T-Nation. They say you don't gain fat doing even double dose Surge peri-workout. Great, but that doesn't mean that it may not *slow* fat loss. I would use it depending on how lean you are and the volume and type of exercise you use. Someone tubby and getting into lifting using this to modify behavior and jump start fat loss should probably avoid PWO carbs completely.

I really like high dose BCAAs for workouts on V diet. 0.44g/kg bwt of a 4:1:1 ratio.
  26. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Be careful mixing all kinds of things with WMS. This stuff is fast. Very fast. However it is slowed down by mixing lots of other things in with it, like whey protein for example. Just like the GI of dextrose is greatly reduced if you eat it with a hamburger... Not exactly the same thing, but I think that helps get the point across.

I'd use WMS with Peptopro or a highly hydrolyzed whey and you can toss in the creatine, beta alanine, and other aminos, too, but make sure you make it a 10-12% solution with water so that you absorb it faster. This means 1 liter of water for every 100g of total powder.

If you aren't going to use peptopro, EAAs, BCAAs, or a highly hydrolyzed whey, and you're going to use whey isolate for example, then I would take the WMS with creatine, beta alanine, etc by itself, then 10 minutes later take in the whey isolate. Part of the beauty of the WMS is its ability to drive nutrients into the cells like creatine, but this effect is lower when it's slowed down.

I also think you should use caution with the Surge experiments on T-Nation. They say you don't gain fat doing even double dose Surge peri-workout. Great, but that doesn't mean that it may not *slow* fat loss. I would use it depending on how lean you are and the volume and type of exercise you use. Someone tubby and getting into lifting using this to modify behavior and jump start fat loss should probably avoid PWO carbs completely.

I really like high dose BCAAs for workouts on V diet. 0.44g/kg bwt of a 4:1:1 ratio.
    I didn't know that

Think doing WMS+WPI would cause some stomach issues. Say 30gr WMS+20gr WPI in 10oz water?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.51%

I don't think it'll cause stomach issues...I just don't see a point in mixing the two together. Take the WMS first 10 minutes before the whey.
  28. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.42%

Trial run for the 3rd workout:
    4x15
    A1 Good Mornings
    A2 Incline DB bench
    A3 Wood Chops
    A4 Reverse Lunges
    A5 Lat pull downs

1 min. rest

work capacity deff increased since the v-diet i will be posting phtos tommarow night and premeasurements for the 10/10 transformation
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.42%

Freakin Camera is screwed up just my luck, hopefully i can get it working sometime later today

here are my measurements comparing day 1 of the Velocity diet to day 1 of the 10/10 transformation

Measurements: V-diet Day 1 to 10/10 Day 1
    Largest Area Belly: 31.5.............. 29.75
    Thigh L/R: 25/25.25................... 24/24
    Calf L/R: 16.25/16.....................15.75/15.75
    Ankle L/R: same
    Chest/ Nipple Line: 41............... 40.25
    Upper Abs: 34.5....................... 32.5
    Hips largest glutes: 39.5............ 37.5
    Shoulders: 48.......................... 47.25
    Upper Arm L/R: 14.75/14.75...............14.25/14.25
    Neck: 16.25......................... ... 15.25
    Weight: 179........................... . 168.6

Last week when i finshed the v-diet i weighted in @ 168 dry, week later i have only put on about .6 lbs. I think its safe to say that i have lost some additional fat, nothing compared to the rate of the first two weeks, but based on some measurements, glutes, waist, shoulders, they all when down this past week
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.68%

Nice!
  31. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.14%

Freakin Camera is screwed up just my luck, hopefully i can get it working sometime later today

here are my measurements comparing day 1 of the Velocity diet to day 1 of the 10/10 transformation

Measurements: V-diet Day 1 to 10/10 Day 1
    Largest Area Belly: 31.5.............. 29.75
    Thigh L/R: 25/25.25................... 24/24
    Calf L/R: 16.25/16.....................15.75/15.75
    Ankle L/R: same
    Chest/ Nipple Line: 41............... 40.25
    Upper Abs: 34.5....................... 32.5
    Hips largest glutes: 39.5............ 37.5
    Shoulders: 48.......................... 47.25
    Upper Arm L/R: 14.75/14.75...............14.25/14.25
    Neck: 16.25......................... ... 15.25
    Weight: 179........................... . 168.6

Last week when i finshed the v-diet i weighted in @ 168 dry, week later i have only put on about .6 lbs. I think its safe to say that i have lost some additional fat, nothing compared to the rate of the first two weeks, but based on some measurements, glutes, waist, shoulders, they all when down this past week
    It's not safe to say you lost fat, it's unquestionable. When you lower your calories so far below maintenance, and your glycogen stores are depleted....and you protect yourself somewhat with high protein and BCAA's, the majority of weight lost is fat. I'd venture to say at least 90-95% if not more.
  32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Amazing
  33. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

It's not safe to say you lost fat, it's unquestionable. When you lower your calories so far below maintenance, and your glycogen stores are depleted....and you protect yourself somewhat with high protein and BCAA's, the majority of weight lost is fat. I'd venture to say at least 90-95% if not more.
    yeah, I'd wager he'd immediately gain 3lbs just from glycogen going back to eating normally. Still quite nice overally.
  34. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.42%

Yeah i see what your sayin, but i just finished 8 days of the transition phase, where i upped my calories intake slowly but steady for the past eight days, about 200 calories a day, most of these calories came from carbohydrates: oats, veggies, pumpkin, fruit etc., ive kept hydrated as well. Many of my measurements have decreased since i finished the v-diet eight days ago, not nearly at the rate while i was on the v-diet, but they still have decreased. This is my reasoning for why i have lost some additional fat

Remember, my calories are still under maintenance, as i begin the 10/10 transformation.
  35. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.42%

yeah, I'd wager he'd immediately gain 3lbs just from glycogen going back to eating normally. Still quite nice overally.
    ive only increased my calorie intake by between 600-800 calories over the past eight days, so im still a good 400-500 calories from maintance
  36. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

makes sense. I wonder how that works at this point (as far as glycogen reserves go)
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.42%

pictures goin up tommarow night, sorry for the delay
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.42%

V-diet Pics!

HA figured out what was up with my stinkin camera picks are UP!
    the following are pics i took today as well as a pic i found of me 3 weeks prior to the v-diet check them out

the one in the black shorts are post v-diet
    yellow shorts are pre v-diet
    Attached Images Attached Images        
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.3%

Nice job.
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.64%

Nice, your a little leaner than I am right now, when you started the v-det....Hrmm really really makes me want to start this now,lol.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Velocity Diet! I Think I am going to do it!
    By oxman in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-27-2008, 01:53 PM
  2. Road to OCT 10 SSA meet
    By jcp2 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 04:18 PM
  3. looking to drop 10 pounds or so
    By nocaster in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 05:11 PM
  4. Replies: 9