Velocity Diet To 10/10 Transformation

Page 2 of 10 First 1234 ... Last

  1. I have my calander marked for when week two ends. I think this cheat DAY will be worth the 2 weeks of straight shakes.


  2. anyone tried it with a whole food meal each day? like chicken and broccoli or something?
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by macedaddy View Post
    anyone tried it with a whole food meal each day? like chicken and broccoli or something?
    Then its not really the V-Diet is it? haha

    I think Shugart calls it the 'V-Diet Lite'. Search T-Nation for it, while it can be effective, you don't get the 'food changes' that are associated with the real V-Diet.

    My 'cheat' was a bowl of oatmeal and frozen blueberries.
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Then its not really the V-Diet is it? haha

    I think Shugart calls it the 'V-Diet Lite'. Search T-Nation for it, while it can be effective, you don't get the 'food changes' that are associated with the real V-Diet.

    My 'cheat' was a bowl of oatmeal and frozen blueberries.
    no, i guess you are right.........it isn't!

  5. Quote Originally Posted by macedaddy View Post
    no, i guess you are right.........it isn't!
    It really isn't ~that~ bad once you get into it.
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”
    •   
       


  6. Is there a write up over at T-nation or pdf on it. I'd like to give it a try....maybe. I'd have to read it first
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Is there a write up over at T-nation or pdf on it. I'd like to give it a try....maybe. I'd have to read it first
    There have been several iterations of it. Lots of forum posts and 'support groups' and they even have some from the Physique Clinic on it. Gus from the clinic recounts his 'adventure' fairly in depth and had amazing results.

    Search for V-Diet and only 'articles' not the entire site and you will get more than enough info on it.
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    There have been several iterations of it. Lots of forum posts and 'support groups' and they even have some from the Physique Clinic on it. Gus from the clinic recounts his 'adventure' fairly in depth and had amazing results.

    Search for V-Diet and only 'articles' not the entire site and you will get more than enough info on it.
    thanks X
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Then its not really the V-Diet is it? haha

    I think Shugart calls it the 'V-Diet Lite'. Search T-Nation for it, while it can be effective, you don't get the 'food changes' that are associated with the real V-Diet.

    My 'cheat' was a bowl of oatmeal and frozen blueberries.
    nonsense, Shugart says the velocity diet can work with one meal replacement a day. he also advises to take into consideration the amount of calories your getting from that meal.
    one of his sugggestions for meal replacement is 3 eggs w/veggies, comes out to about what a shake would be, calorie-wise

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Simpfan1278 View Post
    I have my calander marked for when week two ends. I think this cheat DAY will be worth the 2 weeks of straight shakes.

    A cheat day of high fat, high carb foods will jack your metabolism back up. If you want to continue to cut, I'd recommend going right back to a cutting diet or V diet right after the cheat and you should see some very nice results from that cheat day. But don't go low fat, seriously. Pizza, Whoppers, ice cream...all great for the cheat day to be effective.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by cranghel099 View Post
    nonsense, Shugart says the velocity diet can work with one meal replacement a day. he also advises to take into consideration the amount of calories your getting from that meal.
    one of his sugggestions for meal replacement is 3 eggs w/veggies, comes out to about what a shake would be, calorie-wise
    If this is what you are referring to:

    The Solid-Meal-Per-Day Option

    The most frequently asked question I'm getting is, "Can I eat one solid meal a day and still lose fat quickly?" Those asking have a variety of motives. Some say they'll just stick to the diet better with a solid meal option; others want a solid meal because they want to eat dinner with their families. And of course a few think the diet is just plain nuts, but they believe it'll be okay with a single solid meal a day.

    Yes, a single solid meal Velocity Diet can work, just be aware of the drawbacks:

    • The Velocity Diet is appealing because of its simplicity. Once you figure our your daily calories, you just drink shakes all day. No food log, no reading labels, no choices to make. If you add a solid meal in every day, you'll have to count the calories and adjust your shake intake. This will take a little extra time and require you to keep a food log.

    • The Velocity Diet is strict, but that very severity makes it successful. Again, there are no choices to make. You either do it or you don't. Many dieters thrive under stringent rules. Adding a solid meal lessens this strictness. Some people may not be able to handle the freedom of a solid meal. Their discipline could wane and the single healthy meal could turn into an all-you-can-eat buffet.

    But if you think the positives outweigh the negatives, then here are my recommendations for the single solid meal option:

    1) You've figured out your calorie ranges by using the formula in Part I. Let's say your non-training day limit is 1500 calories. You'll need to figure out how many total meals you're going to consume per day.

    Now, two scoops of Low-Carb Grow! plus a serving of milled flax seeds is 310 calories. Drink three of those per day and that totals 930 calories. But you'll also be consuming some fish oil capsules on this day, probably around 200 calories' worth. So that's 1130 total, leaving you 370 calories to go for your solid meal.

    Eat more or less than that for your solid meal and you'll have to adjust everything else. And if that solid meal contains a lot of fiber or healthy fats, then maybe you won't need all those fish and flax supplements, meaning you'll again have to recalculate your shakes and their content. (See, gets tricky, huh?)

    2) The solid meal can be had any time of the day, whatever fits your needs and schedule. However, breakfast is the ideal time because a larger, solid breakfast makes many people more satiated throughout the day and lessens the desire to overeat at night.

    I'd also be a little wary of making the last meal of the day your solid meal. After drinking shakes all day, even satiating ones, the temptation to overdo this solid meal could be great. It could be psychologically helpful to know your last meal of the day is a pre-planned shake, no choice about it.

    3) Here are some solid meal ideas:

    Vegetable omelet

    Grilled chicken breast and small salad

    Grilled salmon and small serving of broccoli

    Small fajita made with lean steak and low carb tortilla

    Tuna in lettuce wraps with a couple of strawberries

    In short, eat some protein and keep the carbs fibrous and under control. The daily solid meal option can be a success if you keep your caloric intake within the range provided and keep the carbs under 100 grams per day. It'll take a little more thought and work compared to the one-solid-meal-per-week option, but you can still lose fat rapidly. Many are already trying it and hopefully they'll keep us updated on the forum.


    Then yes I would agree with you, but he has also said in countless forum posts 'Don't f*ck with it', 'You won't see the 'taste/behavioral changes' that V-Dieters will', 'That's not the diet I outlined' , etc.
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

  12. 10 pound of muscule 10 pound fat lost.It sound to good for diet.Are they any supplement needed in this diet?.Has any one gained 10 pound muscle and lost 10 pound of fat in 10/10 diet?



    ?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by eltino View Post
    10 pound of muscule 10 pound fat lost.It sound to good for diet.Are they any supplement needed in this diet?.Has any one gained 10 pound muscle and lost 10 pound of fat in 10/10 diet?



    ?
    Yeah, there are ~some~ supplements required...

    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    If this is what you are referring to:

    The Solid-Meal-Per-Day Option

    The most frequently asked question I'm getting is, "Can I eat one solid meal a day and still lose fat quickly?" Those asking have a variety of motives. Some say they'll just stick to the diet better with a solid meal option; others want a solid meal because they want to eat dinner with their families. And of course a few think the diet is just plain nuts, but they believe it'll be okay with a single solid meal a day.

    Yes, a single solid meal Velocity Diet can work, just be aware of the drawbacks:

    • The Velocity Diet is appealing because of its simplicity. Once you figure our your daily calories, you just drink shakes all day. No food log, no reading labels, no choices to make. If you add a solid meal in every day, you'll have to count the calories and adjust your shake intake. This will take a little extra time and require you to keep a food log.

    • The Velocity Diet is strict, but that very severity makes it successful. Again, there are no choices to make. You either do it or you don't. Many dieters thrive under stringent rules. Adding a solid meal lessens this strictness. Some people may not be able to handle the freedom of a solid meal. Their discipline could wane and the single healthy meal could turn into an all-you-can-eat buffet.

    But if you think the positives outweigh the negatives, then here are my recommendations for the single solid meal option:

    1) You've figured out your calorie ranges by using the formula in Part I. Let's say your non-training day limit is 1500 calories. You'll need to figure out how many total meals you're going to consume per day.

    Now, two scoops of Low-Carb Grow! plus a serving of milled flax seeds is 310 calories. Drink three of those per day and that totals 930 calories. But you'll also be consuming some fish oil capsules on this day, probably around 200 calories' worth. So that's 1130 total, leaving you 370 calories to go for your solid meal.

    Eat more or less than that for your solid meal and you'll have to adjust everything else. And if that solid meal contains a lot of fiber or healthy fats, then maybe you won't need all those fish and flax supplements, meaning you'll again have to recalculate your shakes and their content. (See, gets tricky, huh?)

    2) The solid meal can be had any time of the day, whatever fits your needs and schedule. However, breakfast is the ideal time because a larger, solid breakfast makes many people more satiated throughout the day and lessens the desire to overeat at night.

    I'd also be a little wary of making the last meal of the day your solid meal. After drinking shakes all day, even satiating ones, the temptation to overdo this solid meal could be great. It could be psychologically helpful to know your last meal of the day is a pre-planned shake, no choice about it.

    3) Here are some solid meal ideas:

    Vegetable omelet

    Grilled chicken breast and small salad

    Grilled salmon and small serving of broccoli

    Small fajita made with lean steak and low carb tortilla

    Tuna in lettuce wraps with a couple of strawberries

    In short, eat some protein and keep the carbs fibrous and under control. The daily solid meal option can be a success if you keep your caloric intake within the range provided and keep the carbs under 100 grams per day. It'll take a little more thought and work compared to the one-solid-meal-per-week option, but you can still lose fat rapidly. Many are already trying it and hopefully they'll keep us updated on the forum.


    Then yes I would agree with you, but he has also said in countless forum posts 'Don't f*ck with it', 'You won't see the 'taste/behavioral changes' that V-Dieters will', 'That's not the diet I outlined' , etc.
    great info, X! Thanks again! I think i will do it as outlined.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Neil5585 View Post
    A cheat day of high fat, high carb foods will jack your metabolism back up. If you want to continue to cut, I'd recommend going right back to a cutting diet or V diet right after the cheat and you should see some very nice results from that cheat day. But don't go low fat, seriously. Pizza, Whoppers, ice cream...all great for the cheat day to be effective.
    i would think you would spend a good deal of time on the toilet after pizza, whoppers, ice cream. It kinda doesn't make sense to restrict yourself so much, get into healthy mode and then gorge on such blatantly UNHEALTHY foods. I understand your reasoning that it will rev you up, but it will also make your butt sore i think.

  16. what kind supplement do u need take in 10/10 transformation?.wat is diet like mass building and fat loss.Can sum1 full detail how the diet work?

  17. Quote Originally Posted by eltino View Post
    what kind supplement do u need take in 10/10 transformation?.wat is diet like mass building and fat loss.Can sum1 full detail how the diet work?
    you have to buy the ebook. I doubt if anyone is willing to share something they had to PAY for.

  18. but does it work 10/10 tranformation?

  19. Quote Originally Posted by eltino View Post
    but does it work 10/10 tranformation?
    Its not magical pixie dust, you do have to put in a lot of work, but it is quite possible to reach that.

  20. just downloaded it, looks like it would work. He is REAL specific about foods and diet and trianing. So, if you followed it, i am sure you would get results

  21. maybe I keep missing it but whats the link? I did a search on yahoo and I couldnt find a page that gave a link to buy the ebook

    Im interested in reading up on this.

  22. Im gonna hit the V-Diet right after baseball season is over. Then lean mass it from there.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  23. $20 isn't too bad for it

  24. Quote Originally Posted by eltino View Post
    what kind supplement do u need take in 10/10 transformation?.wat is diet like mass building and fat loss.Can sum1 full detail how the diet work?
    lets just say this, nothing crazy
    very basic supplements, the success rate of the 10/10 transformation is primarily based on the workouts, but probably more the DIET, as with any program.
    hint: he does suggest high dosage of a high concentrated fish oil, and some potent antioxidents that u can read up on by gettin the ebook
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Velocity Diet! I Think I am going to do it!
    By oxman in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-27-2008, 12:53 PM
  2. Road to OCT 10 SSA meet
    By jcp2 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 03:18 PM
  3. looking to drop 10 pounds or so
    By nocaster in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 04:11 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 06:34 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Log in
Log in