My Most Intense Cut (Log)

Simpfan1278

Awards
I started the velocity diet today. For those of you that don't know, this means only protein shakes and fish oil caps. I will also be taking a decent chunk of supplements:
-Thyrotabs @ 3x per day
-Guggul extract @ 400mg(10%) 3x per day
-Leviathan Reloaded @ 2 caps, 2x per day
-BCAA @ 1.6g 5-6x per day
-Raspberry Ketones @ 200mg 3x per day
-1-carboxy @ 1g 3x per day

I stuck to it today and it wasn't all that horrible. I plan to do this for 21 days, possibly 30, but the last 7 will be w/o levi, rasp, and 1-carb. I will eat a solid meal tomorrow, but only because I'm taking this girl out for the first time and I think that would be aqward if I didn't. After that meal I'm back on the diet and sticking to it.

Keep me motivated because I think after the first few days this will be trying.

I will log as often as possible, but I work 55+ hours a week and am currenrly attending community college also, so I am very pressed for time.

I plan to stick to my usual lifting schedule and may throw in some carbs post w/o. I will also be doing cardio in HIIT form 3-5x a week.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
it is JUST fish oil and shakes? are you sure? last time i read up on it, i thought there were a few more restrictions.

What are your starting stats? Those are some good hardcore cutting supps! Good Luck!

Simpfan1278

Awards
it is JUST fish oil and shakes? are you sure? last time i read up on it, i thought there were a few more restrictions.

What are your starting stats? Those are some good hardcore cutting supps! Good Luck!
There are also sources of fiber and the option of adding high gi carbs post workout.
I am taking a blended protein which has 8g carbs per serving and 5g of that is from fiber, so I am skipping the additional fiber.

The day before I started I weighed 187.6lbs @ 21.1% body fat. This morning, 24 hours into, I weighed 178.0 @ 17.8% body fat. I know it's impossible to lose that much fat that quick, so it was mostly, if not all water weight. I don't like calipers because I get a diff reading every time, so I use a scale that has a body fat and body water % reading. I'm going out form breakfast tomorrow instead of lunch today. I know it hasn't been long at all, but I will just make this my re-feed. Egg beater omlete, w/ wheat toast shouldn't be too bad.

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
GL man i just finished the v-diet, i only ran it for two weeks but had great success, right now im in the transition phase
I found that e/c stack was quite helpful the first couple days, to surpress my appetite a bit, but by the second week my stomach had shrank in size, no need for it, also make sure u get enough fiber, I found fiber tabs throughout the day to be pretty helpful with fighting off hunger panes, just watch the calories

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
GL man i just finished the v-diet, i only ran it for two weeks but had great success, right now im in the transition phase
I found that e/c stack was quite helpful the first couple days, to surpress my appetite a bit, but by the second week my stomach had shrank in size, no need for it, also make sure u get enough fiber, I found fiber tabs throughout the day to be pretty helpful with fighting off hunger panes, just watch the calories
what were your results?

Simpfan1278

Awards
It's been going good so far. I'm down 10.4lbs and 3.8% bf according to my scale. I lost most of that 10lbs the first day, so I think it was just food/water. I've been losing .2% bf per day as an average.

The low carb has made my workouts extremely tiring... Would the addition of yellow gold (pretty much anabolic pump) and a 1/2 cup oats or some dextrose ruin this diet or would that work?
Also, I read about some people having one solid meal a day. Would tuna wrapped in a lettuce leaf be a good idea. I'm thinking since it is still very low carb it shouldn't really hurt this diet.

streamline

Awards
Don't you need carbs in order for the protein you are eating to get to the muscle?

Simpfan1278

Awards
Don't you need carbs in order for the protein you are eating to get to the muscle?
I don't think this is true. If it was the anabolic diet and ketogenic diet wouldn't work. My protein had 8g carbs per serving. Of those 8g, 5g are fiber.

The past few days I've been losing .1%bf per day. I am now 175lbs @ 17.2%bf. I broke two days ago and had a solid meal of 60cals worth of tuna. :-\Could have been worse.

Simpfan1278

Awards
Hey man, stay strong! I'm really interested in this Velocity diet now for a 2 week run.

60cals worth of tuna? I think you'll be ok. Protein and fish oil anyways :D
I no it was pretty much nothing, but that 2oz of tuna was so damn good. :) I can see how this changes eatting patterns afterwards.
16.8% !!!

Train4Life

Awards
Velocity Diet

I've been looking into this for a while now. I'm planning to start it tomorrow, 2/5. What do you guys think about liquid form fish oil instead of the caps? Think that's a big deal?

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
I've been looking into this for a while now. I'm planning to start it tomorrow, 2/5. What do you guys think about liquid form fish oil instead of the caps? Think that's a big deal?
it's better, higher concentration of DHA and EPA

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I'm definately watching this. Something to look at doing after I finish my current log if I've still got excess bf. Stick with it bro. YOU CAN DO IT!

Bobby Lee

Awards
not to sound like a newb but since I am. When doing this how are you getting hydrated? Drinking lots of water or little?

Train4Life

Awards
not to sound like a newb but since I am. When doing this how are you getting hydrated? Drinking lots of water or little?
tons of water, started it yesterday and had to piss every 30 minutes it seemed

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
can you also use flax oil, isnt that what is recommended?

Train4Life

Awards
can you also use flax oil, isnt that what is recommended?
yes and no, flax seed is what your going to use in most of your shakes, and you also need a fish oil supp. I just like the liquid form, leaves a funky after taste for a while but is more highly concentrated than capsuls. That's just my opinion.