1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  239 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.52%

Lose as much BF as possible by March 2, 2008

Hello,

I'm getting a late start here but I'm headed on a cruise to the carribean for 7-days in March and I've been slacking on my gym time... I figure that since I know it's going to be hot on the ship I'd better get my ass in gear...

I'm looking at doing something like this, and started last week and still tweaking it a little...

5-smaller meals per day spaced every 3-4hrs apart
    1-gallon of water per day (if I can hack it)

Workouts weights: Mon-Wed-Fri
    Cardio: All week long, except for Sundays
    Working in a circuit type manner: 2-exercises per bodypart with a 8-10 rep range...

As for cardio: I have a friend who competes (female) and she just recently did 3hrs of cardio per day for almost 6-months straight and came in and took the overall and is in the best shape ever...

So, I'm looking at doing the same... I work nights from 8pm to 6:30am so I'm going to be doing my cardio as follows:

7am 1-hr treadmill
    4pm 1-hr split between treadmill/stairclimber
    12am 1-hr treadmill/bike

I plan on doing this everyday in one variation or another until August but hoping that I'll have better than normal success by March 2, 2008...

Any helpful hints would be more than appreciated... Thanks for reading...

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.61%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Not to put you down or anything, but as you said, she is a pro-bodybuilder. Her body (and CNS) was able to take that beating @ 3 hours a day of cardio.

If are new to cardio, or are coming off a layoff from cardio, you'll only injure yourself if you push it too hard initially. Shin splints can, and will, drop anyone at any given time. At three hours a day, off the bat, you're setting yourself up for them. Your central nervous system will take a serious beating as well @ 3 hours a day, and recovery will not be fun.

A lot of others will also vouch for this method - HIIT (High Intensity Interval Cardio). Essentially sprints, on any sort of exercise that raises your heart rate... treadmill, bike, swimming, even the eliptical.
    It would be safer, and arguably more effective for fat loss (rather than mass loss) with HIIT methods. Around 3 times a week works, and you could fill in some off days with some easy yet lengthy cardio.

Just don't kill yourself going nuts all day long.. your body needs to build up to be able to put out that much work. And to effectively do 3 hours a day is some serious athleticism. Take it easy, but work hard at the same time... or there will be nothing left to vacation with!
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  239 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.52%

Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    Not to put you down or anything, but as you said, she is a pro-bodybuilder. Her body (and CNS) was able to take that beating @ 3 hours a day of cardio.

If are new to cardio, or are coming off a layoff from cardio, you'll only injure yourself if you push it too hard initially. Shin splints can, and will, drop anyone at any given time. At three hours a day, off the bat, you're setting yourself up for them. Your central nervous system will take a serious beating as well @ 3 hours a day, and recovery will not be fun.

A lot of others will also vouch for this method - HIIT (High Intensity Interval Cardio). Essentially sprints, on any sort of exercise that raises your heart rate... treadmill, bike, swimming, even the eliptical.
    It would be safer, and arguably more effective for fat loss (rather than mass loss) with HIIT methods. Around 3 times a week works, and you could fill in some off days with some easy yet lengthy cardio.

Just don't kill yourself going nuts all day long.. your body needs to build up to be able to put out that much work. And to effectively do 3 hours a day is some serious athleticism. Take it easy, but work hard at the same time... or there will be nothing left to vacation with!

Ya, I get shin splints now when I play to much basketball so I know how much those can kill a person... I'm already an athletic person, just not a pro at anything... But yes I know this is way overload, and actually have already decided to take it down to 1.5-2hrs of cardio... I realize that by pushing myself to hard to fast will just burn me out... Thanks for your reply...
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.93%

I started the Anabolic Diet on Nov 24th at 187lbs. This morning I was 171lbs.... 16 lbs down with no cardio..... All I did was switch to a full body workout 3 days a week and a full ab workout 1 day a week.... By far I think this is the best diet. You can cut or bulk on it.... Do a google search .... Also get yourself some Lipoderm Ultra once you get your body fat down to where you can start to see your ab's.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.36%

When doing weight workouts, a circuit like this works well:

1a - Squat
    1b - weighted dips
    1c - Deadlift
    1d - Chinups
    rest 2 minutes

Do that 3-4 times, each lift to failure. 10-12 reps per exercise should work. This should be done with as heavy a weight as possible for those reps, and this SHOULD make you feel sick if done right. This will help you strip off body fat along with the right diet, cardio, and supplements. It should be done a minimum of twice a week, but 3x a week is better.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Neil5585 View Post
    When doing weight workouts, a circuit like this works well:

1a - Squat
    1b - weighted dips
    1c - Deadlift
    1d - Chinups
    rest 2 minutes

Do that 3-4 times, each lift to failure. 10-12 reps per exercise should work. This should be done with as heavy a weight as possible for those reps, and this SHOULD make you feel sick if done right. This will help you strip off body fat along with the right diet, cardio, and supplements. It should be done a minimum of twice a week, but 3x a week is better.
    no chest work?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.36%

It was just an example. You can do dips so that they're an excellent chest workout.

Also, you could do hammer presses if you want. I just wouldn't be benching unless you have a partner...going to failure and after a failure set of squats and all...
  8. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

the velocity diet is intersting too
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-04-2014, 12:45 PM
  2. 3 months to drop as much bf% for summer
    By johnnyvvee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 12:11 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 03:23 PM
  4. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-21-2005, 01:35 PM
  5. New to this, would like as much info as possible.
    By afitalianlp in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 06:47 AM