Looking for some advice please

J

jamescho79

Awards
I'm 5'6 165 lbs. When I first started I was about 220. (started in May) I have been a steady 165 for the past month and a half. I'm not really looking to loose any more weight as I feel for my build, 165 is an ok weight. The problem I am having is I cant seem to loose a pouch of flab around my waist. My upper abs show a little but I can't seem to get rid of the flab towards the bottom. Someone told me I might not be able too because it is excess skin for when I was over weight?

Also, I am wanting to minimize muscle lose, any suggestions far as supplements to take? I currently use LR, no xplode, and a L glutamine supplement, and on my 2 bottle of lipoderm ultra, as well as a multi vitamin. My diet is pretty clean, I intake about 2000 calories daily, most of it is protein and complex carbs. I lift Mon - Thurs, usually for about an hour and run 3 to 4 days a week, 3 30 minute miles per session.

All feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established
Could be a cortisol issue. Yohimbine is used to help lose fat in that area for men. Perhaps a cortisol controlling product may be of benefits such as phosphatidylserine, transdermal 7-OXO DHEA, rhodiola rosea, etc. Fish oil at higher doses is good at helping with cortisol. I'd do at least 9g a day, but more can be beneficial. I good PWO shake is also helpful.

I would also inspect many aspects of your diet, exercise, and lifestyle.

For example, producing too much cortisol can happen from things like weight workouts over 1 hour, traditional cardio, cardio combined with a weight workout, not using proper PWO nutrition. Stimulants raise cortisol...do you use a lot of caffeine, energy drinks, and stimulant fat burners? Do you worry a lot about your diet and training or other things during the day? Eating things that you have an allergy or sensitivity can raise cortisol....I could go on, but that's a good start.

Of course controlling insulin is a big key to dropping fat. Perhaps carbs need to be timed better.

J

jamescho79

Awards
I just finished up a bottle of LR, has a great thermo effect. I guess I should look into a good cortisol controller? Finishing up on my 2nd bottle of Lipoderm Ultra, is there a better topical for cortisol?