Fat Loss stack

kitchenstud

kitchenstud

Awards
I'm looking to order a stack this coming week. How does this sound?

Leviathan Reloaded
DCP
XLean
Anabolic Pump
Napalm

Diet and training info-

Diet wise, I'm eating high protein, and limiting carbs to immediately pre workout and during the 4 hour post workout window. During that time, I'll rely primarily on a homemade Dextrose/Maltodextrin drink as my source of carbs. I'm not really counting my calories, so I can't really tell you if I'm in a deficit or not. That said, I'm being very cautious about portion control, trying to eat small things more often- eating just enough so that I'm not hungry. My diet consists primarily of chicken, eggs, the aforementioned homemade sports drink, and protein shakes(syntha6 and ON).

Training wise, I do a full body HIT session 3 times a week. Usually lasts about 30 minutes, and I'm always glad when its over. I just started this type of training, so the workouts will get more intense as I progress. I'm also doing quite a bit of cardio- about 5 sessions per week(about 30 minutes each, usually on the bike, though i'll try and get in for some stairmaster work at the gym on occassion). I'll try to up that as I go along, even if its just adding a 15 minute fasted session first thing out of bed in the morning- any little bit helps. Additionally, I just started yoga. Not something I'm relying on to really burn a lot off, but theres a couple sessions a week there that should count for something. I'll also throw in a couple ab workouts a week.

Additional supps: I take Universal Animal Pak, chromium picolinate, an additional 6-8g's of esther C, additional antioxidants from yerba mate and Jackie Chan's Green tea, Xtend(several servings throughout the day), and I'm finishing off a bottle of TBomb and PowerFull.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT: I'm 6'2, 185lbs. I'd bulked to about 193 before christmas with 14%BF. Due to working 16days straight through the holidays and not having time to workout and the diet slipping, my weights down and my BF is at 15% or more(readings vary a bit). My concentration now is to get as lean as possible. I lost a good 5lbs or more of muscle(I was actually down to about 180, some has come back already), which I expect to recover just from being back in the gym and eating a better diet.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I suggest using something with a lower GI for your source of carbs. SuperCarb would be an excellent choice.

kitchenstud

kitchenstud

Awards
I don't know if anyone here has read "Nutrient Timing," but my strategy for my carb intake is something I derived from that book. I'm concentrating on getting a good insulin spike immediately post workout, and then reinforcing it again at the 2 hour mark to carry me through the 4 hour post workout window. I'll get roughly 100g's or so during this period. For cardio sessions, I'll go much, much less. Instead of 2 12oz servings of this drink(50g's per 12oz), I'll maybe just take like 6oz and not worry about the 2hour point- my cardio sessions will be a low-moderate intensity for fatloss.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know if anyone here has read "Nutrient Timing," but my strategy for my carb intake is something I derived from that book. I'm concentrating on getting a good insulin spike immediately post workout, and then reinforcing it again at the 2 hour mark to carry me through the 4 hour post workout window. I'll get roughly 100g's or so during this period. For cardio sessions, I'll go much, much less. Instead of 2 12oz servings of this drink(50g's per 12oz), I'll maybe just take like 6oz and not worry about the 2hour point- my cardio sessions will be a low-moderate intensity for fatloss.
Insulin spiking is not ideal if you're trying to cut. It blunts GH response plus it reduces the amount of fat burned post-WO.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Insulin spiking is not ideal if you're trying to cut. It blunts GH response plus it reduces the amount of fat burned post-WO.

I 2nd with what Rodja has said. You want minimal insulin response while cutting as it stops fat burning in its tracks!

kitchenstud

kitchenstud

Awards
so then what do you do to prevent cortisol release? the book said the whole point of the blood sugar spike is to prevent the cortisol release and facilitate the accelerated protein synthesis that follows a workout. And while what you're saying about the GI thing is conventional thinking, they're studies showed that the subjects who did the nutrient timing system burned more fat than those who didn't.

I'm not trying to argue with you guys or say you dont know what you're talking about. I'm just saying this book has two universities behind with lab studies, showing that post workout, high GI promotes muscle building and fat loss.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Theres numerous studies for both high GI and Low GI bein the best. Cortisol is needed in your body to protect your joints and unless you are producing a crazy amount of Cortisol , after a workout you should be fine. The insulin spike from the sugar will blunt lipolysis in its tracks, where the cortisol on the other hand unless its significantly out of control will not.

Just my .02 cents.

kitchenstud

kitchenstud

Awards
so would something like a whole wheat bagel be a better option post workout?

Also, what do you think of the stack I'm thinking of?

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I believe whole wheat bagels more than likely have a high GI as well.

Overall, the stack looks pretty good to me.

I would add some Bulk Fish Oil Caps from Nutraplanet, maybe some SesaThin, along with a cell volumizer like SyntheSIZE to help with nutrient partitioning and keeping your strength up during your cut and then I'd say you'd have the majority of the angles covered.