I lose weight when I'm not trying to... - AnabolicMinds.com

I lose weight when I'm not trying to...

1. New Member

I lose weight when I'm not trying to...

I used to be 260 and worked my ass off in boxing all the way down to 225 mainly starving myself which was unhealthy. In the next 2 months I had decided I was going to go all out, I had a strict 1000 calorie diet which consisted of high volume low calorie foods. Sometimes I wouldn't be that hungry so I'd only eat 600-800 calories a day. I would do 1 hour of shooting around with my basketball and then 30mins to an hour of hitting the punching bag as hard as I could using combos bobbing and weaving. My punching bag stand isn't like most at all, instead of the bag going back it absorbs all your power in less than 2 months I had gotten my lats to stick out pretty good, I had gotten all the way down to 190 in the 2 months. Me exercising in the 90-100 degree weather I guess increased my lung capacity also increased. I would only be able to hold my breath for 1 minute and six seconds before but I have now increased it to 2 minutes and 20 seconds which is a big deal.

Alright I had to tell you that story to tell you this one now, once I had gotten down to 190 it got very hard for me to lose weight. I started eating right and exercising on my punching bag but I couldn't drop weight. In one week I tried my hardest to lose weight by running 4-7 miles but I hadn't lost crap. My relatives had came over from california so we went out to eat mexican food 3 days in a row nothing but junk food. I had been drinking around 2-3 cans of soda a day not exercising eating what I wanted. So 2 weeks had passed that I had not done crap all I did was pig out, I went to the gym only to find out I had lost 5 pounds!

This has happened to me several times I work my ass off nothing happens, I take a week off and I shed around 2-3 pounds. I currently weigh 177 thanks to 2 of those intense 1 week workouts and then a week off. I was fully hydrated all the times I weighed myself.

I don't know if I put my body into shock or something so it dumps all that other stuff out or what.

lol, thanks for reading my long ass post. I just wanted to brag about my weight loss before I got to the main topic.

2. New Member

you need a certain amount of calories to maintain your weight and lbm, your probably losing muscle weight =\, when i dont eat for a while my muscles look smaller and less fuller. Try eating more healthier foods and more of them.
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    you need a certain amount of calories to maintain your weight and lbm, your probably losing muscle weight =\, when i dont eat for a while my muscles look smaller and less fuller. Try eating more healthier foods and more of them.
    I thought I was losing muscle too but I doubt that I am cause I've been getting a lot stronger, I'm getting a bunch of veins to pop out too. My bench and my curl has gone up.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

The reason you lose weight when you eat junk is because your manipulating your bodies hormones, grehlin and leptin. Honestly though man you need a lot more Kcals you are doing more harm than good by going that low. Do some research on diets here and follow a plan. You will be much better off in the long run.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  5. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    The reason you lose weight when you eat junk is because your manipulating your bodies hormones, grehlin and leptin. Honestly though man you need a lot more Kcals you are doing more harm than good by going that low. Do some research on diets here and follow a plan. You will be much better off in the long run.

The 1,000 calorie diet was only for 2 months. Since then I've changed my diet and consume around 1,200-2,000 cals a day. I eat whatever I want to now and I don't gain weight, but during those 2 months my strength decreased very bad which is why I stopped.

Soon I'm going to start consuming a lot of cals though since I'm planning gaining a bunch of muscle.
  6. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    lol @ ur video dude.
    i must be really tired but i coulda sworn you said you went from 8% body fat to 90% bodyfat.
    am i crazy?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Are salted peanuts good to eat when trying to lose weight?
    By SamJH in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-11-2014, 07:07 AM
  2. Look, I'm not trying to be cheap, but...
    By lector606 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 09:16 PM
  3. Im not trying to be nasty............
    By Inchamery in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 01:37 PM
  4. Not trying to cause trouble
    By asap nutrition in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2005, 01:13 PM
  5. I am NOT trying to point fingers or taunt
    By Mrs. Gimpy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-11-2005, 02:19 PM