the Natural Fat Loss Guide

Whiplash

Whiplash

Awards
When you decide to stip off that extra fat and you want to be ripped and shredded there should be 2 main objectives on your mind.

1. You want to maximize your fat loss
2. At the same time, you want to be minimizing your muscle loss.

Like most things in life there is a tradeoff for one or the other. When you want to build mass (bulk up) you will inevitably gain some unwanted bodyfat. And when you want to lose fat (cut) you WILL lose some muscle. Its inevitable. And simply something you will just have to deal with. Thats why it is more convienient to build muscle first and then cut opposed to cut and then build muscle. If you dont know, muscle burns calories, and adding a decent amount of muscle to your frame before cutting will help you achieve your fat loss goal faster.

So your goal when cutting should be to MAXIMIZE fat loss, at the same time MINIMIZING muscle loss. Easier said than done.
Implementing some cardio to your routine will stimulate your body to burn more fat all the time. And tweaking your diet so that your body is in a slight caloric deficit will cause you to lose fat slowly, safely. Make sure to keep your training routine the same as when you were bulking. Do not listen to any of the spot reduction MYTHS. Yes it is a myth, it cannot be done no matter what. When you preform your cardio, dont waste your time by running for 30-60 mins. This is a waste of time and anyone who tells you otherwise is full of it. Do 3-5 times a week @ 15 mins. BUT, you will have to make them much more intense than what you are use to. Keep a log and progress and get more intense, when you max out, try to finish your sessions in a quicker time. You dont burn fat during your cardio session, but afterwards you do. MAXIMIZING fat loss is achieved when you increase your resting metabolism. Make sure cardio is done 8 hours before or after your workout. Doing cardio it after a workout would compromise your gains since your body is in a catabolic state. You should not do it on an empty stomach in the morning either, even though many people THINK this is a good way to burn fat. Its not. And you will just be jeapordizing your hard gained muscles. Off days from the gym are optimal. Just act like you would before you would workout, 1. Put something in your stomach so you are not catabolic while you are training, and whne your done put more food/shakes in your stomach to keep you in an anabolic state. Here is a formula to help you determine how many calories you need to consume in order to place your body in that deficit to burn some fat.

The Harris-Benedict Formula

Basal Metabolic Rate

NOTE: (this formula is for MEN only)66 + (13.7 X bodyweight in kg) + (5 X height in cm) - (6.8 X age in years)

Activity Multiplier

Sedentary = BMR X 1.2 (little to no exercise)
Lightly Active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise: 1-3 days a week)
Moderately Active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise: 3-5 days a week)
Very active = BMR X 1.725 (intense exercise: 6-7 days a week)
Extremely Active = BMR X 1.9 (intense daily exercise and strenuous physical job)

now take that and reduce it by 15-20%

Make sure you maintain the macronutrient ratio you did when you were building muscle, just decrease fat a little

40% pro
40% carb
20% fat

and hopefully you know the types of protein, carbs, and fats you should be consuming. If not let me know, and I can post for you. I have some things to do now. Enjoy your fat loss!

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
When you decide to stip off that extra fat and you want to be ripped and shredded there should be 2 main objectives on your mind.

1. You want to maximize your fat loss
2. At the same time, you want to be minimizing your muscle loss.

Like most things in life there is a tradeoff for one or the other. When you want to build mass (bulk up) you will inevitably gain some unwanted bodyfat. And when you want to lose fat (cut) you WILL lose some muscle. Its inevitable. And simply something you will just have to deal with. Thats why it is more convienient to build muscle first and then cut opposed to cut and then build muscle. If you dont know, muscle burns calories, and adding a decent amount of muscle to your frame before cutting will help you achieve your fat loss goal faster.

So your goal when cutting should be to MAXIMIZE fat loss, at the same time MINIMIZING muscle loss. Easier said than done.
Implementing some cardio to your routine will stimulate your body to burn more fat all the time. And tweaking your diet so that your body is in a slight caloric deficit will cause you to lose fat slowly, safely. Make sure to keep your training routine the same as when you were bulking. Do not listen to any of the spot reduction MYTHS. Yes it is a myth, it cannot be done no matter what. When you preform your cardio, dont waste your time by running for 30-60 mins. This is a waste of time and anyone who tells you otherwise is full of it. Do 3-5 times a week @ 15 mins. BUT, you will have to make them much more intense than what you are use to. Keep a log and progress and get more intense, when you max out, try to finish your sessions in a quicker time. You dont burn fat during your cardio session, but afterwards you do. MAXIMIZING fat loss is achieved when you increase your resting metabolism. Make sure cardio is done 8 hours before or after your workout. Doing cardio it after a workout would compromise your gains since your body is in a catabolic state. You should not do it on an empty stomach in the morning either, even though many people THINK this is a good way to burn fat. Its not. And you will just be jeapordizing your hard gained muscles. Off days from the gym are optimal. Just act like you would before you would workout, 1. Put something in your stomach so you are not catabolic while you are training, and whne your done put more food/shakes in your stomach to keep you in an anabolic state. Here is a formula to help you determine how many calories you need to consume in order to place your body in that deficit to burn some fat.

The Harris-Benedict Formula

Basal Metabolic Rate

NOTE: (this formula is for MEN only)66 + (13.7 X bodyweight in kg) + (5 X height in cm) - (6.8 X age in years)

Activity Multiplier

Sedentary = BMR X 1.2 (little to no exercise)
Lightly Active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise: 1-3 days a week)
Moderately Active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise: 3-5 days a week)
Very active = BMR X 1.725 (intense exercise: 6-7 days a week)
Extremely Active = BMR X 1.9 (intense daily exercise and strenuous physical job)

now take that and reduce it by 15-20%

Make sure you maintain the macronutrient ratio you did when you were building muscle, just decrease fat a little

40% pro
40% carb
20% fat

and hopefully you know the types of protein, carbs, and fats you should be consuming. If not let me know, and I can post for you. I have some things to do now. Enjoy your fat loss!
I've gotta disagree with this as i'm sure others will as well, 40/40/20 is great for some for bulking but for cutting it's definitely not suited for everyone, i myself am carb sensitive as are many many others, and i can't cut doing 40/40/20 it's a pain in the ass. 50/30/20 or 50/20/30 is what i've suggest for most, with most of your fat intake from efa's.

Evolution8917

Awards
could you take like a diet pill with creatine and a protein cuz im takin creatine with protein stacked and i need to lose just 10 lbs and its the last 10lbs i need help!

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
morning in the cardio is the best way to burn fat and if your only power walking.... the chances of burning muscle are ultra slim!

your saying more intense, basically HITT cardio.. 2-3times a week max.

:D