New to forum: Most simple rip supplement and diet

laguna4me

Awards
I'm new to this forum and I've never been too much in supplements to help in my muscle gain. I gain muscle really quickly as it is and was fearful of products that would increase mass too quickly. However, I did use creatine about 5 years ago for about 6 months and since then nothing else.

At height of 5' 11"....I started out weighing 185 lbs 10 years ago benching 225 and squating 375. Now, same height, I weigh 255 benching 425 and squating around 575.

I'm done getting bigger and want to get ripped. What's the most simple supplement and diet to follow? Need some ideas... Right now I'm on MRI® Pro-NOS™ twice a day with hydroxycut with meals consisting mainly of salads and fruits. Any help would be great.

Thanks

BrownBoi

BrownBoi

Awards
hey man just to start off leme tell you that im certainly not an expert but i can give you my opinion. Im an ex wrestler so i know a few tricks to cutting weight while avoiding losing muscle. I think rather than eating so much salad and fruit you should shift your focus to protein that way you dont lose muscle mass. At 5 11' 255 you probably have a lot of muscle and you dont want to lose that with the fat. Id cut my calories (especially my carbs) down. Eat very few carbs and none after 7pm. Im also cutting and i try and eat the vast majority of my carbs in the morning. Be careful not to cut your carbs too much so that you dont go into ketosis. Additionally you should add some sort of cardio. If you have alot of time you could simply do a brisk walk for about an hour because running will occasionally cause your body to burn muscle as well as fat. good luck

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
really the best trick will be to start inputting what you eat now into fitday.com or some other similar system, and figure where you are. then you can slowly make changes lowering calories. the carb suggestions from brownboi are very helpful as well

laguna4me

Awards
Thanks guys

I'm taking in about 80 grams of protien everyday, and I have lowered my carbs. I'm taking the Pro Performance shakes and they seem to be keeping my strength up.

Do I need more protien than that if my calorie in-take is between 2,000-2,500 per day? I've cut my carbs pretty significantly but still keep it between 100-200 grams per day.

Has anyone had luck with Hydroxycut...or is that just a bunch of BS? I'm taking it right now with the protien shakes...but have only been taking for a couple of weeks now.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
when you say 80g of protein, is that from shakes + solid food combined? thats nowhere near enough for your size. minimum should be around 204g, and really as high as 380g. (thats .8g/lb - 1.5g/lb)

ClintCanada

when you say 80g of protein, is that from shakes + solid food combined? thats nowhere near enough for your size. minimum should be around 204g, and really as high as 380g. (thats .8g/lb - 1.5g/lb)
amen to that, and spread out the protein over several meals/snacks -- try 6 or 7 per day with at least 30g of protein in each . . .

laguna4me

Awards
Just to clearify...

The shakes alone are 42 grams of protien....total in-take for the day with solid foods is around 150 grams per day.

What kind of protien sources do you all recommend to boost that without increase my calories?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
fish, chicken breasts, nonfat cottage cheese, egg whites, casien powder.

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
hey man just to start off leme tell you that im certainly not an expert but i can give you my opinion. Im an ex wrestler so i know a few tricks to cutting weight while avoiding losing muscle. I think rather than eating so much salad and fruit you should shift your focus to protein that way you dont lose muscle mass. At 5 11' 255 you probably have a lot of muscle and you dont want to lose that with the fat. Id cut my calories (especially my carbs) down. Eat very few carbs and none after 7pm. Im also cutting and i try and eat the vast majority of my carbs in the morning. Be careful not to cut your carbs too much so that you dont go into ketosis. Additionally you should add some sort of cardio. If you have alot of time you could simply do a brisk walk for about an hour because running will occasionally cause your body to burn muscle as well as fat. good luck
I agree with this advice - go low carb (100g per day) and I'd suggest you do some HIIT. HIIT has been shown to increase GH (a potent fat burner) levels much moreso than regular training. Good luck.