- 01-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Is a very low carb diet the best option for losing fat? I am going to start dieting soon, and want to burn this excess fat as quickly as I can. However, my primary focus is maintaining the muscle mass that I have built while bulking, and perhaps even gaining a little more it that is possible.
I have heard a low carb diet can cause some loss in muscle mass. However, I will be using a Levithan Reloaded/ Incarnate stack and was thinking that it might counteract some of the muscle-burning side effects. If not, can anyone tell me a good way to diet to lose the fat as fast as possible without sacraficing the muscle? I am 6' 2'', 230ish, with about 22% body fat. How many calories should I be consuming, along with grams of protein, fat, and carbs (and what kind)?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been overweight my entire childhood and am now a junior in highschool. This new bodybuilding kick has helped me develop a physique better than I have ever had before, with fantastic stregth gains, but I still need to get rid of this gut and flab on my legs, face, arms, and well, everywhere.
- 01-05-2008, 11:10 PM
I tend to keep my muscle and lose most fat on a CKD type diet with carb refeeds every 21st meal or so which puts you at about early day 4 for the carb feed.
Similar Forum Threads
- By flytrapcan in forum Bodybuilding Contest PreperationReplies: 2Last Post: 03-11-2008, 02:00 PM
- By Travis in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 11Last Post: 06-12-2007, 11:48 PM
- By sundevil04 in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 05-16-2006, 01:08 AM
- By Dan in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 08-21-2004, 11:07 AM
- By jweave23 in forum Weight LossReplies: 8Last Post: 03-05-2003, 09:21 PM