On the brink of a cut... I desire your feedback!

  1. On the brink of a cut... I desire your feedback!


    I'll be cutting around mid-January. That's what I've got scheduled anyway.

    That said, mind the soft belly, here are a few pics.

    Any and all comments, critiques, and suggestions are welcome.

    Stats right now:
    roughly 185lbs
    5'9"
    bf% = idk (what do you think?)


  2. I think you got a good base to reap some positive results with a 10-12lb cut. What have you got in mind for your diet and exercise routine?
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


  3. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    Any and all comments, critiques, and suggestions are welcome.
    So we're allowed to make fun of you then?
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    So we're allowed to make fun of you then?
    if you must..

    might i suggest my nipples?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    I think you got a good base to reap some positive results with a 10-12lb cut. What have you got in mind for your diet and exercise routine?

    I'm thinking I want to go with the Anabolic Diet, so, a CKD.

    As far as exercising goes, DC style training M,W,F.. along with fasted morning cardio (while sipping BCAAs) 3 or 4 days a week.
  6. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    if you must..

    might i suggest my nipples?
    They were on the list

    Sounds like a plan, you are at the kind of bodyfat point where the changes should be very visible along the way, which is nice
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  7. Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    I'm thinking I want to go with the Anabolic Diet, so, a CKD.

    As far as exercising goes, DC style training M,W,F.. along with fasted morning cardio (while sipping BCAAs) 3 or 4 days a week.
    With AD/CKD nix the fasted cardio it's not needed. To be honest BCAA's may also not be needed. Dont want to burn them for fuel.

    A few knowledgeable people tell me cardio is really not needed on this diet if your diet is spot on.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    With AD/CKD nix the fasted cardio it's not needed. To be honest BCAA's may also not be needed. Dont want to burn them for fuel.

    A few knowledgeable people tell me cardio is really not needed on this diet if your diet is spot on.
    hmm.. well i'd like to avoid the fasted cardio if possible. I'm not a big fan of getting up early as it is.

    that's interesting about the last thing you said, I bought the book "the anabolic solution" which is all about the anabolic diet, so maybe that will shed some light on this.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    hmm.. well i'd like to avoid the fasted cardio if possible. I'm not a big fan of getting up early as it is.

    that's interesting about the last thing you said, I bought the book "the anabolic solution" which is all about the anabolic diet, so maybe that will shed some light on this.
    I dont know If I agree with no cardio but I figured I'd give it a try for the 1st 4 weeks and go from there. I'm down a few lbs in 14days and I look leaner and dont feel bloated. Fat loss should really become apparent for me in the coming days.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  10. Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    I'm thinking I want to go with the Anabolic Diet, so, a CKD.

    As far as exercising goes, DC style training M,W,F.. along with fasted morning cardio (while sipping BCAAs) 3 or 4 days a week.
    If cutting, the AD diet sounds like it's right up your alley. Especially with all the feedback I've been reading on it. I agree with DW as well. Nix the BCAA's, you'll be getting more then enough protein with that diet as it is.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  11. If you go on the AD, please make a log or something, I bought the book, but have yet to try it.

    Just train ****ing hard bro, make a plan, print it up and don't deviate from it.

    At end of every week study how much you've changed it'll be good motivation.

  12. Damn dude, your pics, stats and situation are all identical to myself.

    I have the most muscle mass I have ever had before, but have the most belly fat I have ever had before. Strange though... my upper abs are still clearly visible despite having a "pooch" around my lower abs.

    Personally the extra belly fat is very uncomfortable at times like when squatting down working on something. I decided to go on a cut after new years instead of the bulk I was originally planning. Gonna do a "mini cut" and a mini clean bulk and then another mini cut just in time for summer.

    Good luck

  13. Quote Originally Posted by metalman302 View Post
    Damn dude, your pics, stats and situation are all identical to myself.

    I have the most muscle mass I have ever had before, but have the most belly fat I have ever had before. Strange though... my upper abs are still clearly visible despite having a "pooch" around my lower abs.

    Personally the extra belly fat is very uncomfortable at times like when squatting down working on something. I decided to go on a cut after new years instead of the bulk I was originally planning. Gonna do a "mini cut" and a mini clean bulk and then another mini cut just in time for summer.

    Good luck

    I am also in pretty much the same boat. I am about 5'8'' and 218lbs but with slightly less body fat (I stress "slightly") and I can not lose that fat from my belly button down. I am really interested in your results.

    Could you also elaborate on what "DC" training is? I am not familiar with it and DC is only 2 letters so search will not work? I am very interested because I started my pre-training for my cut (general conditioning) the last few weeks and plan on hitting the cut hard on New Year's morning. Still I am trying to refine the weight training portion of my program so info on the DC training you spoke of would be much appreciated. Thanks.

    Mr.50

  14. Here ya go! This thread is full of DC (Dogg Crap) information.

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73635

  15. looking good man keep up the hard work!!

    I LOVE THE LAST LINE IN YOUR SIG - DUDE IT MADE MY DAY LOL!!!

  16. Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    Here ya go! This thread is full of DC (Dogg Crap) information.

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73635
    I tried that, and hated it....

    If you are dedicated enough, you should try carb cycling. You will keep (and maybe even build) muscle this way and its the fastest way to lose fat.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Carbocation View Post
    looking good man keep up the hard work!!

    I LOVE THE LAST LINE IN YOUR SIG - DUDE IT MADE MY DAY LOL!!!
    I take full credit for it

  18. Your bf% is like mine only without all the muscle. I say 16% since I just got measured with calipers 9pt last week. You are holding a lot in the gut though so who knows, maybe 17 or 18.

  19. Do you have some gyno issues???

  20. puffy nips since I was 13 or so..
  21. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    Your bf% is like mine only without all the muscle.
    did he just call you a wuss?
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  22. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    did he just call you a wuss?
    You know, I read over that a couple of times and thought the same thing.. Eh, it's whatev.. I'm all man...

  23. Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    You know, I read over that a couple of times and thought the same thing.. Eh, it's whatev.. I'm all man...
    It wasn't meant to be an insult. This is a bodybuilding board and I'm not going to sugarcoat anything. If it makes you feel better I was just as small but with heaps more fat 5 years ago.:burg:

    *insert encouraging coach like words here* j/k

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    It wasn't meant to be an insult. This is a bodybuilding board and I'm not going to sugarcoat anything. If it makes you feel better I was just as small but with heaps more fat 5 years ago.:burg:

    *insert encouraging coach like words here* j/k
    It's no biggie.. I can handle the truth..

    Thanks for the kind words though at the end, lol.. I'm encouraged

  25. ~16-19% bf. Invest in an impedance scale or calipers to get the most out of the cut. Good luck dude.

  26. I set a goal this tuesday: 10% BF by mid-May..

    I'm going this coming Monday to get my BF, LBM, Bone Density, and such checked by way of this place: http://www.edb.utexas.edu/fit/bodycompfit.php
    I'll update when I get this done..

    And I'll do the same thing come May and see how I've progressed.

    So, judging by my pics, you guys think this is feasible?

  27. The fastest I've ever cut is 2% bf per month... That's just me of course. So yeah, sounds like a reasonable goal from my point of view.
  28. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    You definitely can do it. I'm around the same boat bodyfat wise, maybe a percent or two more, and I will make it to 10 by then (come hell or high water ).

    I'll be putting up some pics in my logging thread in about 2 weeks
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  29. Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    I set a goal this tuesday: 10% BF by mid-May..

    I'm going this coming Monday to get my BF, LBM, Bone Density, and such checked by way of this place: http://www.edb.utexas.edu/fit/bodycompfit.php
    I'll update when I get this done..

    And I'll do the same thing come May and see how I've progressed.

    So, judging by my pics, you guys think this is feasible?
    I think if you can lose 1.5lbs per week you will meet your goal by late March at worst.

  30. Awesome, that's exactly what I wanted to hear guys.

    Frickin' thanks!!!

  31. I'm jealous Ozark - I am almost the same stats as you (5'8", 178) and I'm carrying a lot more extra baggage on my gut than you are.

  32. Update... had some body comp. tests done today..

    Weight: 178 Lbs
    BF%: 17.8
    Lean Mass: 139.47 Lbs
    Fat Mass: 31.8 Lbs
    Bone Mass: 7.3 Lbs (I was told this was a good bit above average.. dang straight, no femur cracks for me )

  33. Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    Update... had some body comp. tests done today..

    Weight: 178 Lbs
    BF%: 17.8
    Lean Mass: 139.47 Lbs
    Fat Mass: 31.8 Lbs
    Bone Mass: 7.3 Lbs (I was told this was a good bit above average.. dang straight, no femur cracks for me )
    i just got to this thread. Where did you get these tests done? and how did they do it. Looks like you have a good base to start with and with all the knowledge youve been gaining all you need to do is do it! when you cut down more your puffy nipples should get tighter. Mine are kinda puffy (mild gyno) too im pretty sure when i cut they will be hardly noticable.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    i just got to this thread. Where did you get these tests done? and how did they do it. Looks like you have a good base to start with and with all the knowledge youve been gaining all you need to do is do it! when you cut down more your puffy nipples should get tighter. Mine are kinda puffy (mild gyno) too im pretty sure when i cut they will be hardly noticable.
    I got them done a the fitness institute of texas (at the university of texas).. They used this machine called DEXA to do all the scans.. It's pretty sweet.. gives you the bf on each part of your body as well, the trunk, each leg, and each arm...

    And man, I'm totally doing it! Started a log (in my sig) with dcp and some other goodies.. Been on the AD for a little over 6 weeks, and started seriously cutting right around 2 weeks ago..

    Oh, and thanks for the encouraging words. Puffy nips are a bit<h..

  35. i need to start cutting too in a few months i think. Ive never done it before so maybe when i start you can help me along

  36. lol, this is my first cut as well. I've always been bulk bulk bulk, knowing that I'd put on some fat, but not really caring so long as I was making gains.. Now it's time to get cut, and then maintain that bf along with more gains in the future... I think that this is def. gonna be nice in the long run. I'll probably be much happier with future cycles/training.
  37. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    i've done nothing but cut. but thats because I started as the staypuft marshmellow man.

    I'm pretty confident I added 30+ lbs of lean mass in the last year, in the same time span of loosing 40+ on the scale. its depressing in its own way how bad a shape i was in that I managed to do that.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  38. the numbers are pretty impressive though easy.. You've made some dang fine progress..
  39. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    thanks would have been easier had I not just completely let myself go for 20 years tho.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Will Brink on the U of Tampa Arachidonic Acid study
    By SwolenONE in forum Advanced Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 05:31 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-11-2012, 02:16 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 02:48 AM
  4. GRRR... bald spot on the top of myhead
    By silverSurfer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 11:03 AM
Log in
Log in