iLkYp's Weight Loss Log

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
Well, this is my first post and I have trolling for a while trying to find some answers to my questions. I figured a new thread could get me off on the right foot!

I am 20 years old, 6'1", and I weigh 285lbs :food:

My goal is to be at 215lbs/10-15% Body Fat by approx. June 1st with a start date of 1/2/08. I plan on joining the Navy, so whatever plan I implement will have to advance my cardio activity while still producing muscle mass/strength gains. I have a few supplements in mind but I don't want to drop any names until I hear what you folks have to say. Any questions you may have I will answer, I would like some advice please.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, this is my first post and I have trolling for a while trying to find some answers to my questions. I figured a new thread could get me off on the right foot!

My goal is to be at 215lbs/10-15% Body Fat by approx. June 1st with a start date of 1/2/08. I plan on joining the Navy, so whatever plan I implement will have to advance my cardio activity while still producing muscle mass/strength gains. I have a few supplements in mind but I don't want to drop any names until I hear what you folks have to say. Any questions you may have I will answer, I would like some advice please.
Assuming your diet is in check, and you intend to do continue with cardio and weight training, I would recommend the following:

1) Drive (full dose)
2) IGF-2 (full dose)
3) DCP (full dose)
4) RPM (half dose because of Leviathan Reloaded)
5) Leviathan Reloaded (half dose because of RPM)
6) Lipotrophin-PM (full dose)

Be sure to supplement with Fish Oil.

You should be able to see diverse benefits including heightened endurance, increased strength gains, increase in quality lean mass, muscle hardening, significant cAMP-and-cGMP-boosting, dramatic weight loss, testosterone modulation, glucocorticoid antagonism, cortisol regulation, prolactin inhibition, growth-hormone synthesis, and so on.

Something else. Some of the nutrients in the blend should ensure L-Dopa synthesis, green-tea-extract (EGCG)-induced cAMP-boosting/norephinephrine synthesis, green-tea-induced nutrient partitioning and cholecystokinin (CCK) release that is important in the management of insulin pathways, banaba-extract regulation of macronutrient partitioning, as well as bacopa monnieri boosting of thyroid function and modulation of thyroid-hormone levels via enhancement of T4 synthesis and conversion of T4 (normally synthesized from free tyrosine) to biologically active T3.

Furthermore, for some odd reason, the synergy between Forskolin (in Drive) and TTA (in DCP) is not given the emphasis it deserves. By boosting cAMP, Forskolin triggers the liberation of free fatty acids from adipocyte cells and deposits these into the bloodstream where they can be used as energy. Now comes TTA. TTA filters the released free fatty acids from the bloodstream and burns these in the liver mitochondria. If you take these before cardio, you would be pleased at the reslts you would get.
DCP is a well rounded formula that can deliver all the benefits of TTA without the sides. Add DCP to a forskolin-containing product such as Drive (with its other cool cAMP/cGMP boosting compounds) and you have the cornerstone of your fat-incineration protocol.

One last thing. One cannot overemphasize the importance of cAMP elevation. Cyclic AMP is probably the most important cell-regulating compound available. Once cAMP is formed it activates many other enzymes involved in multiple cellular processes. cAMP is at the core of many cellular functions.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Dropping 70lb in 6 months is hefty but doable, given your age and lack( I assume) of training prior to your navy venture. Just get your diet in line. Shoot for about 2500-2800 kcals/day. Pick lot's of lean meat and carbohydrate choices like chicken/turkey breast, salmon, tuna, lean steak, whole wheat bread, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, etc. Break the meals down to five/six meals a day with some vegetables thrown in 2 or 3 of them and you'll be set.

Become friends with a treadmill at the gym, and beanies and gloves for those outside runs(you'll want to do this just to help prepare for pt at booty camp:D), shoot for 3-4 sessions a week for about 30min a pop and work up the time if you feel you can. Weight training could be 3-4 times a week also, center around major compound movements i.e. bench, squats, deads with 1-2 ancillary movements for smaller muscle groups.

If your upping your energy expenditure considerabley, then your weightloss has the potential to be smooth and consistent. :thumbsup:

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
Assuming your diet is in check, and you intend to do continue with cardio and weight training, I would recommend the following:

1) Drive (full dose)
2) IGF-2 (full dose)
3) DCP (full dose)
4) RPM (half dose because of Leviathan Reloaded)
5) Leviathan Reloaded (half dose because of RPM)
6) Lipotrophin-PM (full dose)

Be sure to supplement with Fish Oil.

You should be able to see diverse benefits including heightened endurance, increased strength gains, increase in quality lean mass, muscle hardening, significant cAMP-and-cGMP-boosting, dramatic weight loss, testosterone modulation, glucocorticoid antagonism, cortisol regulation, prolactin inhibition, growth-hormone synthesis, and so on.

Something else. Some of the nutrients in the blend should ensure L-Dopa synthesis, green-tea-extract (EGCG)-induced cAMP-boosting/norephinephrine synthesis, green-tea-induced nutrient partitioning and cholecystokinin (CCK) release that is important in the management of insulin pathways, banaba-extract regulation of macronutrient partitioning, as well as bacopa monnieri boosting of thyroid function and modulation of thyroid-hormone levels via enhancement of T4 synthesis and conversion of T4 (normally synthesized from free tyrosine) to biologically active T3.

Furthermore, for some odd reason, the synergy between Forskolin (in Drive) and TTA (in DCP) is not given the emphasis it deserves. By boosting cAMP, Forskolin triggers the liberation of free fatty acids from adipocyte cells and deposits these into the bloodstream where they can be used as energy. Now comes TTA. TTA filters the released free fatty acids from the bloodstream and burns these in the liver mitochondria. If you take these before cardio, you would be pleased at the reslts you would get.
DCP is a well rounded formula that can deliver all the benefits of TTA without the sides. Add DCP to a forskolin-containing product such as Drive (with its other cool cAMP/cGMP boosting compounds) and you have the cornerstone of your fat-incineration protocol.

One last thing. One cannot overemphasize the importance of cAMP elevation. Cyclic AMP is probably the most important cell-regulating compound available. Once cAMP is formed it activates many other enzymes involved in multiple cellular processes. cAMP is at the core of many cellular functions.
:blink:

Ok, well up to this point I felt as though I was an intelligent guy. Now, I'm not so sure. I'm trying to comprehend what you just wrote. If you could, please put that in layman's terms. If i'm asking too much just say so... I would like to know what the stuff you listed is and does and why I should only take the dosages you listed. Thanks!

Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

Awards
I wish we could get IGF-2 here in Australia, it doesn't seem available / legal

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:blink:

Ok, well up to this point I felt as though I was an intelligent guy. Now, I'm not so sure. I'm trying to comprehend what you just wrote. If you could, please put that in layman's terms. If i'm asking too much just say so... I would like to know what the stuff you listed is and does and why I should only take the dosages you listed. Thanks!
To help you reach your goals, you may want to take full doses of Drive, IGF-2, DCP, and Lipotrophin-PM. I recommended half doses of RPM and Leviathan Reloaded because they both contain caffeine, so taking full doses of both may mean too much stimulants. The beauty of adding Leviathan Reloaded, even at half dose, is that the blend is so conceived that it should help you burn fat longer. In the presence of the other products in my list, you should see elevated fat burning while not only sparing muscle, but also adding quality lean mass, in addition to other cool benefits.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Hello, please post your current diet and exercise regimen for us to critique. Get into lifting as heavy as you can and throw in a bit of cardio that you enjoy doing.

With a proper diet you should start losing weight at a nice pace, then later on when the weight loss starts to stall a bit, you can add in supplementation.

Best of luck! :thumbsup:

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
Well, after thinking about this over the weekend I've made a decision... kind of.

I don't want to take all these pills the first time taking anything. I was hoping I could get an idea of the best 2 to take starting out. I was thinking DCP/Leviathan Reloaded Stack with H-drol? Or maybe take the Drive with H-drol? I've heard good things about H-drol from a couple of guys I work out with. But I've also heard there is a recommended "flush" product to take after H-Drol.

If I do take a couple of the listed items, with or without H-drol (if without... why?), when and how should I do it?

I work out on Tues.,Thurs., and Sunday. Cardio and lifting on all three. Occasionally a Wed. or Sat. of cardio only. I don't work out until approx. 8pm on those nights and go to bed around around 10:30.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really you dont need any supplements beyond a multivitamin to start with. Get the weight loss started by controlling diet, and slowly introduce new things when weight loss slows.

70lbs in 5 months is hard, but not crazy.

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
For example and my knowledge... If I were to use something from the list and/or H-Drol....

* See above.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Post diet, most important, exercise comes when diet is in check :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For example and my knowledge... If I were to use something from the list and/or H-Drol....

* See above.
Of the above, drive would be the earliest one i'd add. Forget h-drol, its a waste at this stage I think, and in general won't really help you all that much. Drive will help both with adding lean muscle as well as loosing fat. Really diet is key, you can loose that weight with no supplements. Its not like you gained it with supplements, just food, so the same applies in reverse :)

How long have you been lifting for?

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
We've been working out for about 2 months. I work out with the guy who started the thread '5 or 6 meals a day?'. The plan is to start a diet regimine beginning next week, complete with 5/6 meals and cardio 3-4 times a week. I started working harder on the tread mill last night. Usually I lift for an hour or so and then walk/jog/run the tread mill for 10-15 minutes. Last night I did a walk/jog/run for 30 minutes and up'ed the intensity.

The big problem is, we work out at 8pm and I usually go right to bed afterwards. Except on Sundays when we work out at 11am. So I want to be careful taking anything before my workout because of this.

I understand what ya'll are saying about the weight being gained with food and not with supplements and that I should hold off on the supplements for now. But here's the thing, I need to jump start this **** :ntome:

But seriously.... what's the problem with H-Drol? Why wouldn't it help at this point? What exactly would it do (if it were to help)?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
reasons not to do hdrol-
  • Hdrol is a steroid - it is a modified Oral Turinabol
  • You don't have enough lifting experience to get any more gains out of a steroid than you will in general as "beginner gains"
  • Your diet isn't in tune yet, so you will like get little to no gains
  • Only working out a few months, you still have a good 6-10 months of solid gains with nothing added
  • hdrol may cause you to fail a blood test for the military
  • you are only 20, you may do irreversible damage to your not completely developed endocrine system

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
That's a good enough reason for me!

Now about that Drive... How should that be taken, taking into account my time of day I work out?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
drive is 2x a day dosing, and it really is more a long term effects product than a preworkout product (although it has value that way as well). the most important part is that it is "inbetween" meals - should be at least an hour after a meal, and should have at least 45+ minutes before next meal. So first thing in the morning is good for one dose if you can manage to go 45 min not eating, and then probably one dose pre-dinner i'd guess. each dose would be 4 caps at your weight

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
Ok, well it's coming down to crunch time here. I plan on taking the Drive by Applied Nutriceticals and I want to try Napalm by Avant Research for some troublesome fat on my chest ( man boobs :whiner: ).

Earlier in the thread it was mentioned to supplement with Fish Oil.... what does it do? How should I take it? Pill or Liquid? Etc.

I'm going to try and use my brain here for a second.... A multi-vitamin would be a great idea, right? I want something with glucosamine as I hear this is good for joint protection. I need that since I've got a "bum" knee from high school football. Maybe something like Activite Sport by MHP? And Joint Care by Beverly International?

PS: What's the difference between H-Drol and M-Drol?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you could take orange triad from controlled labs, its a multivitamin with joint support built in. Fish oil is ok in either pill or liquid, if you are going to get liquid get flavored stuff.

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
Would Omega-3 by Now be suitable?

The general opinion on Napalm seems pretty good. Would it help someone with high bf%?

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Would Omega-3 by Now be suitable?

The general opinion on Napalm seems pretty good. Would it help someone with high bf%?
Napalm will help regardless of your bodyfat percentage. However, we make no bones about that fact that it will be more efficacious in very lean individuals (sub 10%), since their remaining bodyfat is much more concentrated.

That being said, over 20% best look otherwise -- perhaps in something to promote anabolism and increase muscle mass. X Factor, SyntheSize or a pure non-stimulating fat loss product (DCP, SesaThin and/or forskolin-containing products come to mind).

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
Well I ordered the Drive, Orange Triad, and Omega-3. I started 5-6 meals a day yesterday. So we'll see what happens from there.

Quick question... My meals for this week will consist of...

6:30am- Bowl of Smart Start cereal
9:30am- 1 red delicious apple
11:30am- 1 piece boneless/skinless chicken breast
3:30pm- 1 lean pocket
6:00pm- 1/2 Regular Dinner (whatever mom makes to an extent ie: no sweets/pops/heavy carbs :rasp: )
8:30pm- Whatever small snack I can find (last night was another lean pocket)

I'm a big guy, so I don't think cutting anymore than that would be a good idea right away. My feelings are that if it's too hard than I would just eat like **** again, which is not an option for me at this point. Even doing this is a drastic improvement for me. I know it's only been two days but I'm feeling good. My only question is that, maybe I should just cut back on portion sizes? Yesterday went smooth, but today, I had to practically choke down my apple because I wasn't hungry. Should I be doing this? Or if I can't finish it, stop?

PS: Even with the short time of working out, I'm starting to see a difference in my shoulders and arms!!!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, you need more protein either way. my guess is that you aren't even making 100g of protein there. I think over time you'll get used to the more meals a day, and shuffle around your portion sizes so that doesnt happen. but basically if its in your meal plan, you should eat it.

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
Do you think I should supplement my evening meal ( after dinner ) with a protein shake? I plan on weekends to eat eggs for breakfast instead of cereal. Also, I'm sure the chicken will get old so more red meat will be incorporated into the diet. Things like hamburger, steak, italian sausage should work right?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sure, you want to try and use something like fitday.com to try and calculate your total calories, as well as how much protein you are getting tho

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
Ok. Thanks for the advice! I'll keep this posted with my progress.

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
Will taking a protein product make me gain weight? I guess I'm not worried about total weight, but more fat is a concern. I was looking into something along the line of Muscle Milk. It seems like a good product, reasonably priced, and plenty of flavors. So, some feedback would be nice!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
muscle milk regular's total calories are high. their Lite line isn't bad. its not the protein itself, but the carbohydrates + fats

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
Any better ideas?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I've always been told you can't make an informed decision unless you're informed.

:box::box::box::box::box::box::box::box::box::box::box:

BruteSlayer

Awards
how bout some whey protein. many companies make pure whey. mix it with 1% milk and you're good. i take a protein MRP (meal replacement plan) shake daily and it holds the hunger at bay and has really supported my weight lifting gains. my fat loss is slow but i know its because i havent been hitting the cardio hard enough lately. good luck dude.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the plainer caseins or whey proteins are the best bet. I like the Syntrax Nectar line a lot as fruity flavored ones, there are literally hundreds out there tho. I also have a tendency to buy Optimum Nutrition's whey. For me its important to have relatively minimal carbs + fat in the whey, because then I can manage total daily intakes better I think.

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
Does the Drive show up on a piss test? I saw it said something about "gear" and I heard that used as slang for steroids before....

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its completely clean, all herbals. All the applied nutriceuticals products are designed purposefully with the college and tested athletes in mind

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
well, you need more protein either way. my guess is that you aren't even making 100g of protein there. I think over time you'll get used to the more meals a day, and shuffle around your portion sizes so that doesnt happen. but basically if its in your meal plan, you should eat it.

True, and some of the best advice I got was to focus on macros. It turns out that if you find foods with good macros, you can eat a lot more of them than something less nutritious. I know for a big guy like myself i like to keep eating throughout the whole day. Just for instance, a lean pocket vs. say a 7 egg-white omellette with some grated cheese and veggies would be even better.

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
First official weigh in on 1/6/08: 286lbs

Second official weigh in on 1/13/08: 282lbs

Started making Drive, Orange Triad, and Omega3 on 1/14/08...

Couple things I've noticed has been the Drive makes me have soft stool to the point of almost diarrhea. I'm not too sure if it was just my mood or Drive, but at the gym last night I noticed I was more intense about my work out. Obviously haven't noticed any strength gains but the intensity was there.

The Orange Triad seems to be going smoothly over 2 days. It's kinda funny that after taking the dosage I will notice my next couple pee's will be an almost neon green color. Nothing other than that so far. I don't really expect to find/notice any significant changes due to this product.

The Omega3.... god what awful tasting burps.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First official weigh in on 1/6/08: 286lbs

Second official weigh in on 1/13/08: 282lbs

Started making Drive, Orange Triad, and Omega3 on 1/14/08...

Couple things I've noticed has been the Drive makes me have soft stool to the point of almost diarrhea. I'm not too sure if it was just my mood or Drive, but at the gym last night I noticed I was more intense about my work out. Obviously haven't noticed any strength gains but the intensity was there.

The Orange Triad seems to be going smoothly over 2 days. It's kinda funny that after taking the dosage I will notice my next couple pee's will be an almost neon green color. Nothing other than that so far. I don't really expect to find/notice any significant changes due to this product.

The Omega3.... god what awful tasting burps.
if you are noticing the stool softening, lower your drive dosage for a couple of days and wait for it to go more solid, then raise the dosage again. Forskolin is one of the ingredients in drive, and it can take developing a little bit of tolerance to first.

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
If I don't lower it.... can it hurt anything??

Also... pissing all the time is getting old lol :whiner:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it only hurts your toilet paper budget :) if you normally are constipated it could be a blessing.

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
Well, I'm not really worried about the TP Budget lol

The soft stool is quick and easy... squirt wipe done

jwecker

Awards
Make sure your cardio is HIIT - read up on it if you haven't. That will go a long way toward increasing your endurance for the service while burning a ton of fat.

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
Okay, well here's my newest update.

I spoke to a Marine recruiter yesterday. I think I've come to a conclusion that I am will be a Marine in 1 year... come hell or high water! He weighed me in at around 1pm, this is after breakfast and about a half gallon of water while working.

1/19/08 - 279lbs

I went to the gym today and did a mile of walk/jog prior to my workout. I didn't go heavy today, I relied on doing more reps. I usually do 3 exercises, 3 sets of 8 reps. Today, I did 4 exercises of 3 sets with 15/10/10 reps. After my workout I went back to the treadmill for a walk/jog of 3 miles.

I feel my energy level continually rising when I go to the gym. I'm confident in saying that the DRIVE is helping me out quite a bit with my mood and energy through out the week as well. I've noticed my confidence level has been higher and I have been striving for competition. I can't bear lately to have someone doing something better than me... maybe thats the "Alpha Male" side effect they mention :)

How can I get my title of "Looking for advice!" changed to something along the lines of a log? This will be my primary spot for updates so I figured more people would give feedback if the title changed.

Also, I want to do something with RPM... What I'd like to do is take it mid-day (with lunch @ 11??), once a day, and before I workout in the AM on Sundays once. Will this work??

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sure that will work. You can PM a mod and ask them to change the title if under thread tools you can't change it yourself

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
No I can't change it....

Wondering about Blue Up (stim free) by Controlled Labs but I can't find any info on it.

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
3 more miles last night. My feet hurt... I think it might be time for new running shoes. I've had this pair for about 7 months.

Blue up (stim free)?!?!?!?!?!?!?

ilkyspony

ilkyspony

Awards
Damn lol I'm starting to think you're the only one following this thread.