iLkYp's Weight Loss Log

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Will taking a protein product make me gain weight? I guess I'm not worried about total weight, but more fat is a concern. I was looking into something along the line of Muscle Milk. It seems like a good product, reasonably priced, and plenty of flavors. So, some feedback would be nice!

2. Never enough

muscle milk regular's total calories are high. their Lite line isn't bad. its not the protein itself, but the carbohydrates + fats
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
    •   

3. Any better ideas?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I've always been told you can't make an informed decision unless you're informed.

4. how bout some whey protein. many companies make pure whey. mix it with 1% milk and you're good. i take a protein MRP (meal replacement plan) shake daily and it holds the hunger at bay and has really supported my weight lifting gains. my fat loss is slow but i know its because i havent been hitting the cardio hard enough lately. good luck dude.
  5. Never enough

the plainer caseins or whey proteins are the best bet. I like the Syntrax Nectar line a lot as fruity flavored ones, there are literally hundreds out there tho. I also have a tendency to buy Optimum Nutrition's whey. For me its important to have relatively minimal carbs + fat in the whey, because then I can manage total daily intakes better I think.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
    •   

6. Does the Drive show up on a piss test? I saw it said something about "gear" and I heard that used as slang for steroids before....
  7. Never enough

Its completely clean, all herbals. All the applied nutriceuticals products are designed purposefully with the college and tested athletes in mind
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

8. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    well, you need more protein either way. my guess is that you aren't even making 100g of protein there. I think over time you'll get used to the more meals a day, and shuffle around your portion sizes so that doesnt happen. but basically if its in your meal plan, you should eat it.

True, and some of the best advice I got was to focus on macros. It turns out that if you find foods with good macros, you can eat a lot more of them than something less nutritious. I know for a big guy like myself i like to keep eating throughout the whole day. Just for instance, a lean pocket vs. say a 7 egg-white omellette with some grated cheese and veggies would be even better.

9. First official weigh in on 1/6/08: 286lbs

Second official weigh in on 1/13/08: 282lbs

Started making Drive, Orange Triad, and Omega3 on 1/14/08...

Couple things I've noticed has been the Drive makes me have soft stool to the point of almost diarrhea. I'm not too sure if it was just my mood or Drive, but at the gym last night I noticed I was more intense about my work out. Obviously haven't noticed any strength gains but the intensity was there.

The Orange Triad seems to be going smoothly over 2 days. It's kinda funny that after taking the dosage I will notice my next couple pee's will be an almost neon green color. Nothing other than that so far. I don't really expect to find/notice any significant changes due to this product.

The Omega3.... god what awful tasting burps.
  10. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by ilkyspony View Post
    First official weigh in on 1/6/08: 286lbs

Second official weigh in on 1/13/08: 282lbs

Started making Drive, Orange Triad, and Omega3 on 1/14/08...

Couple things I've noticed has been the Drive makes me have soft stool to the point of almost diarrhea. I'm not too sure if it was just my mood or Drive, but at the gym last night I noticed I was more intense about my work out. Obviously haven't noticed any strength gains but the intensity was there.

The Orange Triad seems to be going smoothly over 2 days. It's kinda funny that after taking the dosage I will notice my next couple pee's will be an almost neon green color. Nothing other than that so far. I don't really expect to find/notice any significant changes due to this product.

The Omega3.... god what awful tasting burps.
    if you are noticing the stool softening, lower your drive dosage for a couple of days and wait for it to go more solid, then raise the dosage again. Forskolin is one of the ingredients in drive, and it can take developing a little bit of tolerance to first.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

11. If I don't lower it.... can it hurt anything??

Also... pissing all the time is getting old lol
  12. Never enough

it only hurts your toilet paper budget if you normally are constipated it could be a blessing.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

13. Well, I'm not really worried about the TP Budget lol

The soft stool is quick and easy... squirt wipe done

14. Make sure your cardio is HIIT - read up on it if you haven't. That will go a long way toward increasing your endurance for the service while burning a ton of fat.

15. Okay, well here's my newest update.

I spoke to a Marine recruiter yesterday. I think I've come to a conclusion that I am will be a Marine in 1 year... come hell or high water! He weighed me in at around 1pm, this is after breakfast and about a half gallon of water while working.

1/19/08 - 279lbs

I went to the gym today and did a mile of walk/jog prior to my workout. I didn't go heavy today, I relied on doing more reps. I usually do 3 exercises, 3 sets of 8 reps. Today, I did 4 exercises of 3 sets with 15/10/10 reps. After my workout I went back to the treadmill for a walk/jog of 3 miles.

I feel my energy level continually rising when I go to the gym. I'm confident in saying that the DRIVE is helping me out quite a bit with my mood and energy through out the week as well. I've noticed my confidence level has been higher and I have been striving for competition. I can't bear lately to have someone doing something better than me... maybe thats the "Alpha Male" side effect they mention

How can I get my title of "Looking for advice!" changed to something along the lines of a log? This will be my primary spot for updates so I figured more people would give feedback if the title changed.

Also, I want to do something with RPM... What I'd like to do is take it mid-day (with lunch @ 11??), once a day, and before I workout in the AM on Sundays once. Will this work??
  16. Never enough

Sure that will work. You can PM a mod and ask them to change the title if under thread tools you can't change it yourself
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

17. No I can't change it....

Wondering about Blue Up (stim free) by Controlled Labs but I can't find any info on it.

18. 3 more miles last night. My feet hurt... I think it might be time for new running shoes. I've had this pair for about 7 months.

Blue up (stim free)?!?!?!?!?!?!?
  19. Never enough

never tried it, has some good feedback though
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

20. Damn lol I'm starting to think you're the only one following this thread.

21. Nah, dude. We're pulling for you. He's just the one who knows all the answers (:

22. Well, the weekly weigh in came and went and I haven't dropped much this week. Probably due in part to my ****ty eating on Fri. & Sat.

1/27/08 - 277 lbs

The DRIVE is getting a big thumbs down for me right now. I haven't felt any difference with this product. I went as far as upping my dosage this week and it didn't do anything but kill my bottle. So, in short, I won't be re-ordering it.

The ORANGE TRIAD multi-vitamin has got to be the worst tasting/smelling pill I have ever encountered.

On a positive note, my endurance has spiked since I've been doing my 3 mile tread mill work out. Gotta get my mile time down to 9 minutes or less. Need to be able to run 3 miles in 28 minutes or less... soon, very soon!

Still looking for ideas on a fat burner/supplement that is non-stimulant (due to my workout time). So if anyone has ideas, please let me know.
  23. Never enough

The endurance climb could be from drive

I think DCP then is probably your next best shot, possibly that plus bulk forslean.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

24. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    The endurance climb could be from drive

I think DCP then is probably your next best shot, possibly that plus bulk forslean.
    agreed, but be careful with the forslean. it's given me cramp issues during some of my cardio sessions.

DRIVE definitely has some kick to it. Have you noticed any mood changes? More dense muscles?

I felt the product shine in the overall well-being feeling, the alpha male feeling during workouts, and the muscle hardness.

25. Well here's what I'm thinking for the next few weeks...

I've been doing the same workout for about 6 weeks now and I want to switch it up a bit. I'm going to start changing up my stale weights workout and going with different styles of sets. I've got my cardio pretty much in check for now.

I've been going to the gym a little earlier now. I know I've been talking about doing a different supplement, possibly a stack, but I wanted stim-free. Well, I think I'm going to go with stim. supplement instead.

Would it be beneficial if I took something every morning (approx. 7am) and then every evening (approx 5:30) even if I don't workout that day or if I work out later in the evening (8-ish) on cardio days?

I've heard good things about a few different stacks. Anything I should be interested in for both results and for my situation of joining the service(piss tests)?

26. Sorry about my hiatus, I've been busy lately. Anyhow, I'm still pushing myself. I haven't been to the gym in a couple days as I've been fighting the flu. But anyhow, I weighed in @ 276lbs on Sunday Feb. 17th. My endurance has gone through the roof, I can start to see the physical appearence changes. Even though I'm not "losing weight" fast, I can see changes. I think it may be that I'm losing fat but gaining muscle so it just appears to be happening slower???

27. yeah recomps are slow and steady my friend, but it's slow and steady that wins the race

28. I haven't been worrying about supplements for the last few weeks but I've been considering a few items again. I've heard good things about Animal Pak (multivitamin) and Animal Cut (fat burner). I picked up the Muscle & Fitness supp. guide last night and read that Lipo6 is supposed to be really good. Any opinions?

Also, I take Gold Standard 100% whey right now either as a meal replacement or after a work out. But what I was thinking was changing it to a before workout shake and using a casein protein right before bed (since I work out at night). Opinion?
  29. Never enough

that sounds good
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Enough is Enough! C0rk's Weight Loss Log
    By C0rk in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 02:28 PM
  2. Replies: 35