Help me finish planning and tweaking my diet.

Turk

Awards
First a lil background. I'm going to try the Twin Peak's Carb Cycling Diet. This will be my first attempt at a calculated diet. I am 25 years old, 6'1 and weigh around 200lbs. My BMI is 2084.5 and with my Activity Level it is 3335.2. I'm a slender guy but I need to lose this fat around my midsection and I need to go low carb b/c I have high cholesterol, especially on the triglyceride side. Here is my diet, supplement, and workout schedule. I'll post up my Cholesterol numbers once I have it handy and after a couple months of this diet post my new results. But everyone feel free to critique and give suggestions. I may do some before and after pics too. But I won't take them till I actually start the diet.

Monday:
No Carb - Protein/Cabs/Fat: 250/0/40 - Calories: < 2500 - Training: Core/Cardio

Tuesday:
High Carb - Protein/Cabs/Fat: 250/250/60 - Calories: < 2500 - Training: Chest/Tri

Wednesday: No Carb - Protein/Cabs/Fat: 250/0/40 - Calories: < 2500 - Training: Shoulders/Lats/Traps

Thursday: Low Carb - Protein/Cabs/Fat: 250/150/50 - Calories: < 2500 - Training: Back/Bi

Friday: No Carb - Protein/Cabs/Fat: 250/0/40 - Calories: < 2500

Saturday: High Carb - Protein/Cabs/Fat: 250/250/60 - Calories: < 2500 - Training: Legs

Sunday: Low Carb - Protein/Cabs/Fat: 250/150/50 - Calories: < 2500

Daily Suppliments:

Paxil: 40g
Fish Oil: 2.5g DHA
Xtend: 35g
Orange Triad Multi Vitamin
NOW No Flush Niacin: 1.5g
NOW ECGg: 1g
Curcumin: 1.5g
Seasamin: 4ml
Garlic: ?
Chromium Picolinate w/ Cinamin: 500mcg/250mg
Now 7-Keto: 200mg

azr101

azr101

Awards
Looks like a pretty solid starting point, once you get into it, you really find out what needs to be tweaked. Sunday and Monday's low carb combined with cardio is great, but come Tuesday you're upper body is going to be feeling really flat. (so it's good that you're carbing on Tuesday)
That freaks people out like they just burned off 6 months of benching in one weekend. Just remember sometimes your going to feel really flat, the muscle is still there, so don't let it throw you.

Good Luck

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
Throw in some red yeast rice. It actually contains the same molecule as Mevacor, which is a statin. It contains "lovastatin" and is, the red yeast rice that is, adorned with and A rating from the Mayo Clinic for effectively treating Hypercholesteremia. It is pretty difficult for a herbal to get that rating.

Turk

Awards
Throw in some red yeast rice. It actually contains the same molecule as Mevacor, which is a statin. It contains "lovastatin" and is, the red yeast rice that is, adorned with and A rating from the Mayo Clinic for effectively treating Hypercholesteremia. It is pretty difficult for a herbal to get that rating.
Red Rice Yeast supplement or the actual red yeast rice the food (if there is such a thing)?

Turk

Awards
Nevermind, I did some reading and I should not take that with the Niacin I'm already taken. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
There really isnt a contraindication that I know of between the two. The only thing that I can think of is hypocholesteromia, which is low blood cholesterol.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
As a former Carb Cycling guru, I am pleased to see your set-up here. Looks like a really sound starting point -- now just look forward to the latter portions of the cut when the high carb days get reduced. ;)

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
First a lil background. I'm going to try the Twin Peak's Carb Cycling Diet. This will be my first attempt at a calculated diet. I am 25 years old, 6'1 and weigh around 200lbs. My BMI is 2084.5 and with my Activity Level it is 3335.2. I'm a slender guy but I need to lose this fat around my midsection and I need to go low carb b/c I have high cholesterol, especially on the triglyceride side. Here is my diet, supplement, and workout schedule. I'll post up my Cholesterol numbers once I have it handy and after a couple months of this diet post my new results. But everyone feel free to critique and give suggestions. I may do some before and after pics too. But I won't take them till I actually start the diet.

Monday:
No Carb - Protein/Cabs/Fat: 250/0/40 - Calories: < 2500 - Training: Core/Cardio

Tuesday:
High Carb - Protein/Cabs/Fat: 250/250/60 - Calories: < 2500 - Training: Chest/Tri

Wednesday: No Carb - Protein/Cabs/Fat: 250/0/40 - Calories: < 2500 - Training: Shoulders/Lats/Traps

Thursday: Low Carb - Protein/Cabs/Fat: 250/150/50 - Calories: < 2500 - Training: Back/Bi

Friday: No Carb - Protein/Cabs/Fat: 250/0/40 - Calories: < 2500

Saturday: High Carb - Protein/Cabs/Fat: 250/250/60 - Calories: < 2500 - Training: Legs

Sunday: Low Carb - Protein/Cabs/Fat: 250/150/50 - Calories: < 2500

Daily Suppliments:

Paxil: 40g
Fish Oil: 2.5g DHA
Xtend: 35g
Orange Triad Multi Vitamin
NOW No Flush Niacin: 1.5g
NOW ECGg: 1g
Curcumin: 1.5g
Seasamin: 4ml
Garlic: ?
Chromium Picolinate w/ Cinamin: 500mcg/250mg
Now 7-Keto: 200mg
looks solid IMO....would love to hear other people;s opinions. I may have to dabble in this one.

:dance: