What do you all eat on no carb days???

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Question What do you all eat on no carb days???


    Trying to get ideas so I can actually make a meal with no to very little carbs. So far I got the main ingredients but I'm trying to figure out what to make with them. I'm going to be starting my 1st carb cycling regimen soon and I'm trying to make myself a menu.

    So far I have:
    Egg Whites
    Chicken
    Tuna
    Salmon
    Salsa (low carbs)
    Veggies (most are low carbs)


  2. i dont agree with no carb days but w/e... dont forget the greens such as brocolli and salad as they make u feel full yet add almost no extra calories to your diet. if your looking to lose weight maybe u could try an EC stack at a low low dose like 50mg ephedrine and 400mg caffeine a day.
    •   
       


  3. Well I am on a cut and need to go low carb for Cholesterol purposes as well so I wanted to try Twin Peak carb cycling. But yea, forgot to include the greens! I'll update the list, Thanks.
    Last edited by Turk; 12-18-2007 at 05:19 PM. Reason: wrong diet name, doh!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman003 View Post
    i dont agree with no carb days but w/e... dont forget the greens such as brocolli and salad as they make u feel full yet add almost no extra calories to your diet. if your looking to lose weight maybe u could try an EC stack at a low low dose like 50mg ephedrine and 400mg caffeine a day.
    YOu don't agree with no carb days, but you advise ephedrine?

    Fats will make him feel full and stave off gluconeogenesis.

    An EC stack will not remedy the problem (ie diet), it will take care of a symptom.

  5. I eat eggs, ground chuck beef 85/15, peanut butter, olive oil, cheese, chicken. If I have some I'll hit up some steak.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   
       


  6. Ground beef patties with spinach/onions mixed in, smothered with melted cream cheese.
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

  7. I eat carbs everyday

    But when I did try no carbs, I just ate tuna for every meal.. nothing else kills your appetite for carbs or any other food for that matter to help you stick to it.. I'm not recommending it though

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Ground beef patties with spinach/onions mixed in, smothered with melted cream cheese.
    Really? I love my ground beef, and my spinach and onions. And I love me some cream cheese. Cream cheese on the burger. Okay, I'm game. what in god's name gave you the idea, though?
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.

  9. extra lean ground turkey and a couple pieces of cheese.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by bound View Post
    Really? I love my ground beef, and my spinach and onions. And I love me some cream cheese. Cream cheese on the burger. Okay, I'm game. what in god's name gave you the idea, though?
    I used to make stuffed burgers with cream cheese and avocado. It was melty ambrosia.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  11. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I used to make stuffed burgers with cream cheese and avocado. It was melty ambrosia.
    Best burger I've come up with was using two grilled cheese sandwiches as a bun. Throw some bacon in one, and tomato in the other....not exactly cutting food, though.

    I should've thought of the avacado thing, I love avacado. Good deal.
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by bound View Post
    Really? I love my ground beef, and my spinach and onions. And I love me some cream cheese. Cream cheese on the burger. Okay, I'm game. what in god's name gave you the idea, though?
    Try them! You can add eggs into the mix too!

    Sort of an improvised Atkins recipe:


    * 1 pound ground beef (round or chuck)
    * 1 green onion chopped
    * 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
    * 1/4 cup chopped tomato
    * 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
    * 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dried
    * 1/2 teaspoon salt
    * 1/2 teaspoon pepper

    1. Combine ground beef, green onion, spinach, tomato, feta, dill, salt and pepper. Form into 2 patties.
    2. Grill or pan-fry over medium-high heat for 6 minutes on each side for medium doneness.


    With the tomato, they sort of fall apart in the pan though.


    Pork chops, salsa and cream cheese is good too.

    Brown the chops, add salsa, top with cream cheese and cover ~5 mins until cheese is melted.
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    YOu don't agree with no carb days, but you advise ephedrine?

    Fats will make him feel full and stave off gluconeogenesis.

    An EC stack will not remedy the problem (ie diet), it will take care of a symptom.
    you can lose muscle if your blood sugar levels stay really low all day long.. yes u will burn more fat but u will also eat some muscle if your not very careful.. its probablly better to have a small amount of carbs to keep your body happy and not tear into msucle protein for fuel

  14. I have had sustained periods of ketosis and hadn't had catabolism to the degree you speak of, albeit these days I go 4-5 days depleted and then refeed for 2 days. My body is more suited to limited carbs. Perhaps I am of an ancient breed that lived on animals solely?

    Every diet had different results per individual. What you say has some truth, as Diets like the Anabolic Diet and it's variations are very well received..

    My issue with your post is that you recommended Ephedra to a person without really addressing the cause of their weight "problem". Even if a person does not stay with a cyclical ketogenic, or lower carb diet, it will teach them to manipulate their macros to achieve a desired effect. It is not the be all end all diet, but it truly does teach how big of an effect carb manipulation or timing has on one's composition. If there is one thing to learn from these type of diets, is that dietary fat is NOT the enemy.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    I have had sustained periods of ketosis and hadn't had catabolism to the degree you speak of, albeit these days I go 4-5 days depleted and then refeed for 2 days. My body is more suited to limited carbs. Perhaps I am of an ancient breed that lived on animals solely?

    Every diet had different results per individual. What you say has some truth, as Diets like the Anabolic Diet and it's variations are very well received..

    My issue with your post is that you recommended Ephedra to a person without really addressing their cause of the weight. Even if a person does not stay with a cyclical ketogenic, or lower carb diet, it will teach them to manipulate their macros to achieve a desired effect. It is not the be all end all diet, but it truly does teach how big of an effect carb manipulation or timing has on one's composition.
    Your heritage does have a huge effect on which macro's work best for you. It's not something that is easy to pin down, but finding what works best for you is the biggest challenge to achieving your goals.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  16. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Your heritage does have a huge effect on which macro's work best for you. It's not something that is easy to pin down, but finding what works best for you is the biggest challenge to achieving your goals.
    Perhaps there is a semblance of truth in Dr. D'Adamo's Blood Type Diet.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    Perhaps there is a semblance of truth in Dr. D'Adamo's Blood Type Diet.
    Possibly, but I haven't looked into it enough to have a valid opinion.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  18. There are holes in it, but apparently I have been eating "right for my type" all along. I at least took that away from it. Apparently it's right. I do love animals. Type O negative= ancient blood type = hunter

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman003 View Post
    you can lose muscle if your blood sugar levels stay really low all day long.. yes u will burn more fat but u will also eat some muscle if your not very careful.. its probablly better to have a small amount of carbs to keep your body happy and not tear into msucle protein for fuel
    Yeah, you want to do like 30g/day on low days.

  20. You can also add buffalo to your list. And turkey if you can still stand it after Thanksgiving

  21. I would change the egg whites to whole eggs. More nutrition and you need fats while low carbing. IMO
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

  22. the biggest problem is people believe that low carbs will help them burn body fat.. and yes this is true but a low carb diet will also attempt to tear into some muscle... I would just cut calories down dude, do cardio, keep a decent overload on your muscles in the gym and eat clean clean clean. also, eat those carbs, there good for you

  23. Eagleman003, that only occurs during Gluconeogenesis. If you don't eat enough fat, and mostly protein, your body will resort to using the protein as a fuel.. hence catabolism. Obviously you will stave off the muscle catabolism if you provide the body with the second most efficient fuel ********fat.

    I understand your standpoint, but try to understand the mechanisms at work.

    Quote Originally Posted by ubiquitous
    I have had sustained periods of ketosis and hadn't had catabolism to the degree you speak of, albeit these days I go 4-5 days depleted and then refeed for 2 days. My body is more suited to limited carbs. Perhaps I am of an ancient breed that lived on animals solely?

    Every diet had different results per individual. What you say has some truth, as Diets like the Anabolic Diet and it's variations are very well received..

    My issue with your post is that you recommended Ephedra to a person without really addressing the cause of their weight "problem". Even if a person does not stay with a cyclical ketogenic, or lower carb diet, it will teach them to manipulate their macros to achieve a desired effect. It is not the be all end all diet, but it truly does teach how big of an effect carb manipulation or timing has on one's composition. If there is one thing to learn from these type of diets, is that dietary fat is NOT the enemy.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman003 View Post
    the biggest problem is people believe that low carbs will help them burn body fat.. and yes this is true but a low carb diet will also attempt to tear into some muscle... I would just cut calories down dude, do cardio, keep a decent overload on your muscles in the gym and eat clean clean clean. also, eat those carbs, there good for you
    Remember the low carbs is also for my cholesterol. I intend to try to do some preventive measures to try not to let my muscles suffer. I'll be sipping Xtend all day and may start to megadose fish oil as well. So we shall see! Just trying to get some food ideas.

  25. I avoid eating the same **** everyday.
    But here are some ideas:
    Salmon Sashimi (high in many types of fat, including AA, DHA, EPA)
    Steak
    Eggs
    Cottage Cheese
    Peanut Butter

    I eat some veggies with every serving, and take some pysilium husks for good measure.

    Edit for the anti low carb people:
    Low carb dieting is awesome for anyone wishing to cut for a long period of time, where counting cals and feeling lethargic and hungry all the time gets really old... I am sure there are better diets for some people, but low carbs have a niche. And as for catabolism, you can have a refeed here and there and as long as you don't over do it, you'll be fine.

  26. Nelix, Salmon Sashimi is my absolute FAVORITE.


    I have a man crush (revolving around a food fetish) on you now.

  27. Guys what do you think the chances of your fat loss being limited (or non-existant) on a diet like the AD if you are keeping to your carb limits (30<) on low carb days and only one or two days of carbing-up but on the low carb days you are not counting total calories????

    Basically what I am trying to ask is:

    How important is it to count total calories on the AD?


    Thanks.

    Mr.50

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Mr.50 View Post
    Guys what do you think the chances of your fat loss being limited (or non-existant) on a diet like the AD if you are keeping to your carb limits (30<) on low carb days and only one or two days of carbing-up but on the low carb days you are not counting total calories????

    Basically what I am trying to ask is:

    How important is it to count total calories on the AD?


    Thanks.

    Mr.50
    At first I'd say not much. I was eating 3,500-4,500 cals the 1st 9days of mine. A few of those I was at my org. planned 3,000 and I lost 6~9lbs it may have been water but stil I feel and look leaner. Starting 2day Im going to hit and stay at 3,200-3,500 cals
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  29. I'm an ecto and around 11% bf. would this be a good diet to get get down to a low bf% say 7-8 %? i dowloaded the pdf of this diet and it is very interseting. it makes me think of how alot of animlas eat. They just kill other animals, the other animals are just full of protein and fat. Those animals that are killing them for example a lion or tiger are basically all muscle.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by joeymutz View Post
    I'm an ecto and around 11% bf. would this be a good diet to get get down to a low bf% say 7-8 %? i dowloaded the pdf of this diet and it is very interseting. it makes me think of how alot of animlas eat. They just kill other animals, the other animals are just full of protein and fat. Those animals that are killing them for example a lion or tiger are basically all muscle.
    Which diet are you referring to for the pdf you downloaded?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. what do you all think?
    By loua65 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2005, 04:12 PM
  2. What do you all do for a living?
    By Rock Lee in forum General Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 09:38 PM
  3. What do you all do for biceps?
    By Rock Lee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-20-2004, 05:00 PM
  4. What do you all think?
    By meila in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 11:56 AM
  5. What do you all eat, if anything, for dessert?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-12-2003, 02:22 AM
Log in
Log in