Lasers

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So every one knows I work in a Doctors office. Well last night I went to a lecture for all the moden lasers that a doctor would use. Well one that cought my eye was a laser that on the spot over a series of sessions can oxidize of fat and cellulite all with a laser there for elimating all these weight loss pills. The rep showed us the stuff very cool. Price per session I dit not ask but results are amazing.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Modern technology. Lasers have been around for a while but for this purpose its a new thing people can do and its amazing. People say you can't do spot reductions well now you can. Our office can't afford the machine at the time but if we could o man it would be awesome for someone that wants to loose a few pounds in a day. 130,000 for one machine and they have 17 different ones for different purposes.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
Expensive equipment = Expensive surgery costs

Sounds really interesting though. I'd like to read more about it.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Once you comp your money Im sure you can charge less plus its no abrasive. Not to mention quick and easy. Under 30 min.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Both

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
Whats the name of the procedure? Does it even have a commonly used name like "liposuction " does?

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
Whats the name of the procedure? Does it even have a commonly used name like "liposuction " does?
LIPO-FIRE!
Possible side effects include: Sudden and explosive combustion of the targeted area, smoke being emitted from the ears and anus, bombs dropped with laser target systems being misguided to land on the patient.

/I Kid I Kid

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I started looking at lipodissolve, the phosphatidylcholine injections. sigh

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
I started looking at lipodissolve, the phosphatidylcholine injections. sigh
huh? .... the memory enhancer? I see the research chem on a few sites but wtf...you are saying docs inject this stuff for topical fat loss?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, it seems to actually kill fat cells, not just shrink them. so fat cell count actually goes down. Only worth using on relatively localized areas for relatively small volumes of fat, so love handles or possibly abs. not really good if you have fat all over.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
We had a guy here..years ago..that tried that with the PC injects. Ugh. Hundreds of injects for maybe 0.25" loss in waistline.

Totally not worth it IMO.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought maybe for love handle use. but i still have a lot of "natural" loss first before I really get there to where anything beyond a topical is in serious consideration

heltzelfitnes

Awards
i wonder how you skin reacts to the treatment... i know you said over a serious of treatments but really how quick will your skin react? are you still going to need a nip and tuck?

heltzelfitnes

Awards
yeah, it seems to actually kill fat cells, not just shrink them. so fat cell count actually goes down. Only worth using on relatively localized areas for relatively small volumes of fat, so love handles or possibly abs. not really good if you have fat all over.
fat cells dont multiply but swell you can't destroy your fat cells you can just shrink them ( well maybe with a laser but im sure there are some risks from not being able to store bodyfat. )

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
Local injections to trigger fat loss

Interesting to see what works.

J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2007 Oct 20

An evaluation of mesotherapy solutions for inducing lipolysis and treating cellulite.Caruso MK, Roberts AT, Bissoon L, Self KS, Guillot TS, Greenway FL.

The aim of this study was to evaluate the lipolytic potential of solutions used in the practice of cosmetic mesotherapy to stimulate lipolysis, cause local fat reduction and reduce the appearance of cellulite. The mesotherapy solutions were tested in a human fat cell assay using the fold induction of glycerol generation as a measure of lipolysis. The following mesotherapy solutions were tested: aminophylline; yohimbine; isoproterenol; melilotus; aminophylline with melilotus; aminophylline with isoproterenol; aminophylline with isoproterenol and yohimbine; aminophylline with isoproterenol and lidocaine; and aminophylline with isoproterenol, yohimbine and lidocaine. Isoproterenol (P<0.002), aminophylline (P<0.00004) and yohimbine (P<0.001) stimulated lipolysis compared to the buffer control. The lipolysis stimulated by melilotus (P<0.01) and isoproterenol (P<0.002) was enhanced by aminophylline (P<0.001 and P<0.001, respectively). The lipolytic stimulation by aminophylline and isoproterenol (P<0.0009), and by aminophylline and isoproterenol with yohimbine (P<0.0007) was inhibited by lidocaine, not significant compared to buffer control for aminophylline and isoproterenol, but aminophylline, isoproterenol and yohimbine still stimulated lipolysis more than control, P<0.05). Isoproterenol, aminophylline, yohimbine and melilotus stimulate lipolysis alone, and lipolysis is further enhanced by combining lipolytic stimulators in mesotherapy solutions. Lidocaine is antilipolytic and should be removed from mesotherapy solutions designed for local fat reduction.​

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wonder about lipoderm-ultra with one of the microneedle rollers