TTA and DCP Feedback

  1. New Member
    AtomSmasher's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    360
    Rep Power
    269
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    64.91%

    Thumbs up TTA and DCP Feedback


    Ok, so ive been taking DCP for about three weeks and ive noticed i look a little puffier. I heard from one of my friends that its normal to get water bloat while taking a TTA product. So my question is has anyone else experienced this bloating side effect, and if so, after you stopped taking this product did you look leaner than when you started. Thanks in advance.

  2. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,243
    Rep Power
    51546
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    95.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Some people do hold a little water while using DCP. It should go away a few days after you stop taking it.
  3. Senior Member
    Highlanda01602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    738
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    25.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Could you comment on the endurance properties some report using DCP? I used it late last year, but it was during a change in training protocols... so I couldn't really judge how my endurance was improved with the product.

    Some users have stated that DCP increases endurance, but I've also read the exact opposite. For a runner, what would you say? Yea or nay
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    AtomSmasher's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    360
    Rep Power
    269
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    64.91%

    I think it screws around with your endurance cause ive been getting more cramps from the TTA.

    Anybody else have any input on your results with DCP?
  5. Senior Member
    AdelV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,940
    Rep Power
    45189
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    65.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I can take 3grams a day, and I get no cramps, until about 3 weeks in.. they can come on strong, just lay off to 1.5g of TTA and its fine...
  6. New Member
    McBurly's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    124546
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    38.35%

    Bulk TTA gave me horrific cramps
    DCP = no cramps, and the increased endurance people speak of from DCP is the PCAR
  7. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,419
    Rep Power
    771851
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    14.66%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    Could you comment on the endurance properties some report using DCP? I used it late last year, but it was during a change in training protocols... so I couldn't really judge how my endurance was improved with the product.

    Some users have stated that DCP increases endurance, but I've also read the exact opposite. For a runner, what would you say? Yea or nay
    McBurly has it correct. PLCAR is used to treat Chronic fatigue, and has a special affinity for both muscle and cardiac cells, increasing fuel availability to them. In addition, the propionate ester is cleaved and formed in Succinate, which is a vitall KREBS intermediate. The combination VASTLY increases endurance.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  8. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774631
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomSmasher View Post
    I think it screws around with your endurance cause ive been getting more cramps from the TTA.

    Anybody else have any input on your results with DCP?
    I do not think a direct comparison between TTA and DCP is fair. As you know, TTA is a compound in DCP. TTA is known to cause cramps in some individuals. For precisely this reason, DCP contains Potassium Pyruvate, an advanced potassium form, to neutralize this cramping effect.
    In terms of endurance, I can postulate at least one pathway through which DCP can produce an enhancement in endurance levels. DCP contains Priopionyl-L-Carnitine. Propionyl-l-carnitine has a special affinity for heart, endothelial, and muscle cells. It quickly penetrates these tissues and delivers benefits ranging from the protection of heart muscles to neutralizing fatigue via elevation of muscle glycogen stores. This is important. Furthermore, the potassium in DCP may help to stabilize electrolyte levels in the body, leading to performance enhancement. Something else: The bonding of potassium to pyruvate may also contribute to energy metabolism. As you recall, pyruvate is an intermediate of the Krebs-Cycle, a crucial component of energy metabolism.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  9. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774631
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    McBurly has it correct. PLCAR is used to treat Chronic fatigue, and has a special affinity for both muscle and cardiac cells, increasing fuel availability to them. In addition, the propionate ester is cleaved and formed in Succinate, which is a vitall KREBS intermediate. The combination VASTLY increases endurance.
    Dsade! Your contribution turned up while I was busy re-writing and polishing mine!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  10. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,243
    Rep Power
    51546
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    95.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    I do not think a direct comparison between TTA and DCP is fair. As you know, TTA is a compound in DCP. TTA is known to cause cramps in some individuals. For precisely this reason, DCP contains Potassium Pyruvate, an advanced potassium form, to neutralize this cramping effect.
    In terms of endurance, I can postulate at least one pathway through which DCP can produce an enhancement in endurance levels. DCP contains Priopionyl-L-Carnitine. Propionyl-l-carnitine has a special affinity for heart, endothelial, and muscle cells. It quickly penetrates these tissues and delivers benefits ranging from the protection of heart muscles to neutralizing fatigue via elevation of muscle glycogen stores. This is important. Furthermore, the potassium in DCP may help to stabilize electrolyte levels in the body, leading to performance enhancement. Something else: The bonding of potassium to pyruvate may also contribute to energy metabolism. As you recall, pyruvate is an intermediate of the Krebs-Cycle, a crucial component of energy metabolism.
    Ahh good posting, now I don't have to comment!
  11. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,419
    Rep Power
    771851
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    14.66%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Dsade! Your contribution turned up while I was busy re-writing and polishing mine!
    Gotta hand it to you, though...yours was better written.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  12. Registered User
    CHAPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,380
    Rep Power
    2868
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    54.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    DCP is da bomb! I get better errections, wicked endurance, prevention of fat storage and some good fatloss, i find my sweet spot is 10 caps/day, i LOVE this stuff, everyone should be on it.
  13. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774631
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by CHAPS View Post
    DCP is da bomb! I get better errections, wicked endurance, prevention of fat storage and some good fatloss, i find my sweet spot is 10 caps/day, i LOVE this stuff, everyone should be on it.
    I am currently on 9 caps per day. I would have loved to go beyond this, but I have only three tubs that I want to take for three months straight for my stack. Wish I had the flexibility to increase my daily dose to 12 per day.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  14. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,843
    Rep Power
    768803
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    23.22%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Ahh good posting, now I don't have to comment!
    wait can you translate his for me? too many big words in it
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  15. New Member
    AtomSmasher's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    360
    Rep Power
    269
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    64.91%

    thanks guys for the feedback, im excited to see how lean ill be after the water gain goes away.l
  16. Senior Member
    asianbabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,616
    Rep Power
    1808
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    58.96%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomSmasher View Post
    thanks guys for the feedback, im excited to see how lean ill be after the water gain goes away.l
    Give it one to two weeks to clear

    :bruce3:
  17. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774631
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    wait can you translate his for me? too many big words in it
    For instance? . Cellar, by the way, is a recommended translator and decoder
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  18. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774631
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    Give it one to two weeks to clear

    :bruce3:
    Sounds good!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  19. Senior Member
    nelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,329
    Rep Power
    755
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    46.63%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    If you wanna ditch the water now, you could try Showtime but I don't imagine it will do good things for cramps.
  20. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,419
    Rep Power
    771851
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    14.66%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by nelix View Post
    If you wanna ditch the water now, you could try Showtime but I don't imagine it will do good things for cramps.
    TTA + Showtime =
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  21. Senior Member
    nelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,329
    Rep Power
    755
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    46.63%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    TTA + Showtime =
    Hehe.
  22. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,502
    Rep Power
    483021
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    73.77%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Is everyone else getting this bloat/edema? And what's it from?
  23. Registered User
    CHAPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,380
    Rep Power
    2868
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    54.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Is everyone else getting this bloat/edema? And what's it from?
    It's the TTA
  24. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,843
    Rep Power
    768803
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    23.22%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    I've been taking in 3g+ a day of TTA (with some from DCP, some from bulk) for about a month now, and i'm hoping I have some bloat so that when I stop I look even leaner after the water disappears
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  25. Advanced Member
    powerhouse21's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    828
    Rep Power
    707
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    71.62%

    bloat from DCP... thats not what i want to hear. I just picked up a bottle along with that amazing xtend deal going on right now thinking it would make me look leaner, not puffy.
  26. Senior Member
    asianbabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,616
    Rep Power
    1808
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    58.96%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by powerhouse21 View Post
    bloat from DCP... thats not what i want to hear. I just picked up a bottle along with that amazing xtend deal going on right now thinking it would make me look leaner, not puffy.
    I don't get very much bloat on DCP at all. Perhaps with higher doses of TTA it would cause some more prominent effects of bloating, but the amount we used shouldn't pose such a problem for bloat if you don't add extra TTA into it. Arguably the extra TTA could help further fat loss though, this is a trade off that we took, and added in other ingredients to support fat loss so you don't need as much TTA.
  27. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774631
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by CHAPS View Post
    It's the TTA
    And that is one advantage of preferring a well-rounded formula such as DCP to concentrating on single compounds such as TTA.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  28. Advanced Member
    powerhouse21's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    828
    Rep Power
    707
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    71.62%

    so my DCP will be here today. What would be a good starting dose.
  29. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,243
    Rep Power
    51546
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    95.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    A good starting dose would be 4 in the am 2 before workout or in the afternoon and 2 in the evening. Then you can adjust your dose as needed.
  30. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,419
    Rep Power
    771851
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    14.66%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by powerhouse21 View Post
    so my DCP will be here today. What would be a good starting dose.
    Recommended dosage is 6 caps, and that is a good starting point. After assessing tolerance, add another capsules to your preworkout dose (for increased endurance and fat burning).

    Afterwards, if you want to increase further and you know for a fact you will be eating a less-than-stellar meal, add another capsule before that meal.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  31. Advanced Member
    powerhouse21's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    828
    Rep Power
    707
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    71.62%

    alright thanks. As far as tolerance are you referring to the
    TTA and cramps?
  32. Senior Member
    asianbabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,616
    Rep Power
    1808
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    58.96%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by powerhouse21 View Post
    alright thanks. As far as tolerance are you referring to the
    TTA and cramps?
    Yes, as well as any other effects you notice (though there shouldn't be too many other side effects.)
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Lean Xtreme and DCP plus TTA-500?
    By fatburner2007 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 05:00 PM
  2. DCP and tta and my stack - seek pro. advice
    By freakabe in forum Supplements
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 03:38 PM
  3. Is TTA and/or Sesamin a no-no preworkout?
    By rxp1997 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 02:52 PM
  4. TTA and carb cycling issues
    By gpupp in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 12:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in