Down 7 lbs in a week and don't feel good

  1. Advanced Member
    dhuge67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    490
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    47.24%

    Down 7 lbs in a week and don't feel good


    I'm down from 193 to 186 in a week and I don't feel very good. I started a cut, so the loss was planned, but the speed at which it came was kind of too quick. It can't all be fat-loss, but hopefully it's not too much muscle and is mostly just unnecessary water.

    I've been on a VLC diet this whole week and started doing cardio again. I performed a 15 minute run, a 20 minute run, and a 25 minute run.

    I also did a heavy bag session for some cardio yesterday.

    My lifting has been: Mon - Squats. Tues - Shoulders/Traps. Weds - Deadlifts/Arms. Thurs - Military Workout. Fri - DB Bench and a BB complex

    Too much of a workload on restricted cals, I feel.

    Any thoughts?

    I'm looking leaner for sure, especially in the face, but also the ARMS. Yikes.

  2. Senior Member
    boxmeman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,976
    Rep Power
    1577
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    91.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    my current split is (im cuttin as well
    day1 bis and chest,run
    day2tris/back,run
    day3quads,run
    day4shoulder and hams,run


    the rest oftheweek i run or take off depending on how i feel

    Imo i would take out military day
  3. New Member
    drewh10987's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    30340
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    18.1%

    Are you still on your PCT?
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    bigdave's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    35.1%

    well the first week of a cut i always lose around 6-9 pounds..i usually attribute to water and glycogen loss..and i really dont feel good as well..juss my experience
  5. Advanced Member
    dhuge67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    490
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    47.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by drewh10987 View Post
    Are you still on your post cycle therapy?
    No, I ended it after 16 days. I was never shut down to begin with. However, I am still applying a little bit of eform and taking 6-oxo extreme.

    i used tamox for the 16 days at 30mg. I have it if anything should arise.
  6. Advanced Member
    EctoPower's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    532
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    78.82%

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    well the first week of a cut i always lose around 6-9 pounds..i usually attribute to water and glycogen loss..and i really dont feel good as well..juss my experience
    I was thinking this too. It may be a lot of water.

    Huge, were you taking creatine mono recently? I just started a cut as well and about 5 days after going off CM, I dropped 4 pounds or so like it was nothing. For me, I know that's just water.

    If not the CM effect, then you may have dropped cals a little too low too fast. Could bump it back up by a couple hundred per day and see how you feel. Adding cardio back in could be a real ass-kicker too.

    Hope you figure it out man. Leaning out is quickly is great, but not if you feel like garbage.
  7. Advanced Member
    EctoPower's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    532
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    78.82%

    Quote Originally Posted by EctoPower View Post
    I was thinking this too. It may be a lot of water.

    Huge, were you taking creatine mono recently? I just started a cut as well and about 5 days after going off CM, I dropped 4 pounds or so like it was nothing. For me, I know that's just water.

    If not the CM effect, then you may have dropped cals a little too low too fast. Could bump it back up by a couple hundred per day and see how you feel. Adding cardio back in could be a real ass-kicker too.

    Hope you figure it out man. Leaning out is quickly is great, but not if you feel like garbage.

    Actually, I just had another thought. Depending on what dosage you're using, form and 6-oxo together might be destroying your estrogen. If estro is too low, it could result in sort of a run down feeling. So maybe the quick weight loss is not related to the crappy feeling. You may want to try tapering one or both of the AIs over the next few days and see if you feel better.

    Just a thought.
  8. Advanced Member
    dhuge67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    490
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    47.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by EctoPower View Post
    Actually, I just had another thought. Depending on what dosage you're using, form and 6-oxo together might be destroying your estrogen. If estro is too low, it could result in sort of a run down feeling. So maybe the quick weight loss is not related to the crappy feeling. You may want to try tapering one or both of the AIs over the next few days and see if you feel better.

    Just a thought.
    I think this might be part of it too. Thanks for your reply!

    My joints have been unusually sore, so that may be why...

    e-form is done with, for now...
  9. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by dhuge67 View Post
    I'm down from 193 to 186 in a week and I don't feel very good. I started a cut, so the loss was planned, but the speed at which it came was kind of too quick. It can't all be fat-loss, but hopefully it's not too much muscle and is mostly just unnecessary water.

    I've been on a VLC diet this whole week and started doing cardio again. I performed a 15 minute run, a 20 minute run, and a 25 minute run.

    I also did a heavy bag session for some cardio yesterday.

    My lifting has been: Mon - Squats. Tues - Shoulders/Traps. Weds - Deadlifts/Arms. Thurs - Military Workout. Fri - DB Bench and a BB complex

    Too much of a workload on restricted cals, I feel.

    Any thoughts?

    I'm looking leaner for sure, especially in the face, but also the ARMS. Yikes.
    7lbs in a week! I wouldn't complain if I achieved that, but realistically it's probably 3-4lbs (and thats pushing it) of fat and the rest water. I doubt you lost that much muscle (if any, yet). Muscle loss would only occur through an extended restricted diet or becoming completely sedentary and I think you'd have to be sedentary for more then a week to start losing muscle.
    NSCA - CSCS
  10. Advanced Member
    EctoPower's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    532
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    78.82%

    Quote Originally Posted by dhuge67 View Post
    I think this might be part of it too. Thanks for your reply!

    My joints have been unusually sore, so that may be why...

    e-form is done with, for now...
    Ah, yes. The sore joints are probably from the eform. Let us know how you feel after you've been off it for a few days. I'm curious to see if your energy comes back up and crappiness goes away.

    And I really liked SuperCissus for dry joints. Helped me a lot.

    Good luck man!
  11. Advanced Member
    dhuge67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    490
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    47.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by EctoPower View Post
    Ah, yes. The sore joints are probably from the eform. Let us know how you feel after you've been off it for a few days. I'm curious to see if your energy comes back up and crappiness goes away.

    And I really liked SuperCissus for dry joints. Helped me a lot.

    Good luck man!
    I'll let you all know.

    I've got some Incarnate that I might start popping.
  12. Banned
    drksun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    319
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    84.18%

    sounds like your dehydrated, your still on a AI so less water retention and if you dropped 7lb, i would say about 4lb was water weight.
  13. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33560
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    how many calories are you taking in per day?

    How many WERE you?

    I can most likely analyze out this is your opportunity. If you were taking in 4000 k oer day and reduced it too 2500 this is not the way you do it. You reduce 50 carbs per day intill your down to where you go

    Think of an airplane landing ,, very gradually

    If your increase calories the same applies.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Extreme cutter -- lost 15 lbs in six weeks
    By WheyGood in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 02:19 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 05:41 PM
  3. Goal - 13 lbs in 9 weeks - How would YOU do it?
    By autino in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 12:09 AM
  4. Lost 13-16 Lbs in 3 weeks, Health Concern Question.
    By stang2supra in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 01:43 PM
  5. 34 lbs in 4 weeks? Is this possible?
    By ocyeoman in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 05:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in