The "Cant loose fat on my abs" club!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seriously, dose anyone else have this problem? Like last year i dieted for 10 weeks and my abs were just ok. I mean my obliques were ripped as hell but just down the middle of my stomach i CANT loose fat. Its so goddamn frustrating. I mean i can loose fat on my stomach but it is THE LAST to go. I would probably have to diet for like 15 weeks which i wont do untill i compeat...

Just ordered some Napalm and im HOPING TO GOD that it solves my problems :D

That is all

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Have you thought about a major calorie deficit running and an ECA stack thats what im doing and im getting ripped as heck. sorry i would have joined your club a a couple months ago, but i dont qualify anymore!Hope this helps and good luck!(You can Pm me your diet and i can guarantee i can diagnose the problem(if you want)

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you thought about a major calorie deficit running and an ECA stack thats what im doing and im getting ripped as heck. sorry i would have joined your club a a couple months ago, but i dont qualify anymore!Hope this helps and good luck!(You can Pm me your diet and i can guarantee i can diagnose the problem(if you want)
Naw, my diet is in check. I can get ripped everywhere else but my stomach fat is soooo stubborn. Im not making excuses tho, i just gotta diet longer. Im actually gonna be running a huge stack coming up pretty soon (including EC and Napalm)

Im gonna start doing ab work 3x a week now. Might not do anything but its worth a try

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Actually im doing a training split imitating victor martinez 10 weeks out before mr olympia and abs and calves are worked every other day. The split is awesome and has done much good!

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
Count me in. I've been deifcit for over a month seeing very little progress. I am dealing with some injuries which have slowed training, but I'm eating so little (1250-1750 cals). Worst thing is, I've been leaner than this before. Good luck bro.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually im doing a training split imitating victor martinez 10 weeks out before mr olympia and abs and calves are worked every other day. The split is awesome and has done much good!
im actually gonna try that (for the abs)

what sort of rep/set ranges are you using? And are you doing upper/middle/lower abs and oblique every other day? or splitting them up?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Count me in. I've been deifcit for over a month seeing very little progress. I am dealing with some injuries which have slowed training, but I'm eating so little (1250-1750 cals). Worst thing is, I've been leaner than this before. Good luck bro.
Yeah dude, it really sucks. Im only dieting at 2700 tho :D Gonna bump it up to 2800-2900 tho cause i lost 2.6 lbs this week :eek:

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
im actually gonna try that (for the abs)

what sort of rep/set ranges are you using? And are you doing upper/middle/lower abs and oblique every other day? or splitting them up?
sidebends(obliques): alternating 20 side each 3times=1set(3total)
Situps(Upper abs)(weighted 70lbs) 30 reps(3total)
legraises(lower abs):30 times(3total)

I had to work up to this, I also am preparing for my return to boxing(gotta have the strong core)!

Hope this helps Good luck dont forget squats and deadlifts (heavy and high reps) will help you get those abs, and finally don't forget running!

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Yeah dude, it really sucks. Im only dieting at 2700 tho :D Gonna bump it up to 2800-2900 tho cause i lost 2.6 lbs this week :eek:
lol dang man ecto i dont have that problem!2.6 lbs in a week would be crazy!(in a bad way)!!

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
I am so joining this club. Basicall have cut my calories down quite a bit, as well as carb intake. Started cardio (first time ever) gonna run an EC stack soon as well. I think I have abs, but its kinda like the easter bunny, he might exist, Ive just never seen him.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I am so joining this club. Basicall have cut my calories down quite a bit, as well as carb intake. Started cardio (first time ever) gonna run an EC stack soon as well. I think I have abs, but its kinda like the easter bunny, he might exist, Ive just never seen him.
lol nice man!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah dude, im an insane ecto. Im the only ecto i know who doesnt have abs tho :( wtf. Im lean everywhere except abs :( I mean im gonna be cutting on ****ing 2900 at 187 lbs (got up to 198 on my bulk) which is insane! (plus 2 carb ups a week!)

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sidebends(obliques): alternating 20 side each 3times=1set(3total)

I had to work up to this, I also am preparing for my return to boxing(gotta have the strong core)!

Hope this helps Good luck dont forget squats and deadlifts (heavy and high reps) will help you get those abs, and finally don't forget running!
Yeah, i would say my core is pretty strong. Hit a PR on front squats (285x3) 3 weeks ago now and deloading for 4 weeks tho.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I would def attribute my abs to carb cycling followed by extremely low carbs for a week or so, a strict diet,the ECA stack, and constant work!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
carb cyceling is how I got my abbs to finally "POP". I always had some fat arouns my belly button almost it was like an oval that went to my upper abbs and the split between my lower. Odd I know. After a few weeks of carb cycleing (similar to CKD) the next carb load they really popped out good.

That and I usually have a lot of water retention, what I love creatine monohydrate :D

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have resorted to Lipo-U with cap to try to get my abs to finally show. It's so painful, but, hopefully, it will be worth it.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have resorted to Lipo-U with cap to try to get my abs to finally show. It's so painful, but, hopefully, it will be worth it.
wait what?

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
yea you really have to work hard while cutting in otder to get that cut look!
For instance here's todays workout log:
Dead lifts(4 sets) 215-225lbs 13-15 reps
Squats(3sets,total)245lbs 15 reps(2sets),265lbs 12 reps(1set)
LegExt.(3sets)160lbs 12 reps
sidebends(obliques)(50lbs): alternating 20 side each 3times=1set(3total)
CalveRaises(3 sets):60lbs in each hand)
This was followed by a 40 min run(also did 7 100 yard sprints half way through)

Today was a bit long and not something i do everyday the sprints are only once a week but the 40 min run is 5-6 times a week(maybe longer) Although I try to get a 10 miler in at least once a week)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Today was a bit long and not something i do everyday the sprints are only once a week but the 40 min run is 5-6 times a week(maybe longer) Although I try to get a 10 miler in at least once a week)
Trust me, it is not from a lack of training. I hold fat around my midsection more so than others. I am sure I have a high number of alpha-2 receptors, but I am doing my best to fight genetics.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea I feel ya guys.....I cant get that roll off either...:)

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Trust me, it is not from a lack of training. I hold fat around my midsection more so than others. I am sure I have a high number of alpha-2 receptors, but I am doing my best to fight genetics.
yea I had to fight genetics as well but as soon as i got on right diet training plan etc everything fell into place.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Adding capsaicin to the Lipo-U carrier helps to increase lipolysis to the area. Hurts like hell, but it increases thermogenesis.
Hmmm, havnt heard of them. Couldnt find Lipo U or capsaicin at NP. Why does it hurt?

have u tried napalm?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

IMO its WAY more about diet...and genetics...

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
yea I agree whole heartedly and once you have those in check you can worry about training

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm, havnt heard of them. Couldnt find Lipo U or capsaicin at NP. Why does it hurt?

have u tried napalm?
Haven't tried Napalm, yet. Lipoderm-Ultra is also a topical fat-loss solution and the capsaicin cream is basically rep pepper cream (think icy-hot without the icy and much more hot). I am using this since I had it in the cabinet and I will be using Napalm after I done with this bottle.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haven't tried Napalm, yet. Lipoderm-Ultra is also a topical fat-loss solution and the capsaicin cream is basically rep pepper cream (think icy-hot without the icy and much more hot). I am using this since I had it in the cabinet and I will be using Napalm after I done with this bottle.
can you link me to some capsaicin? im going all out this year for the abs!

I might actually try carb cycling tho, see how that works...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
can you link me to some capsaicin? im going all out this year for the abs!

I might actually try carb cycling tho, see how that works...
You can find it at the grocery store by the topical analgesics.

DGSky

DGSky

Awards
just stick with the Napalm (has raspberry ketones, which is comparable to capsaicin yet without the extreme burn).

carb cycle

calorie cycle between maintenance and deficit

morning cardio

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Have you been doing cardio? I didn't see that you mentioned anything about cardio yet.

It is a must!

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you been doing cardio? I didn't see that you mentioned anything about cardio yet.

It is a must!
Uh Hell Yea!!!! Your not gonna loose sh*t without some interval cardio (90% max) and a clean diet low in sugar,and sat fats.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I agree that you do need cardio, but I don't know if I agree that HIIT is the only way to get rid of the fat. I never did any HIIT during my contest prep.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Last year when i dieted for the first 4 weeks when i had my best results i barely did any cardio.

But i do HIIT 3x a week.

Magnus19

Magnus19

Awards
i may as well jump aboard. ive been dieting around 17 weeks now and the front of my abs are still blocked by a layer of fat. i can see the top ones good after a workout or under the right light, and i have veins around the sides, on my hips, and my obliques. but no abs fully from the front.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i may as well jump aboard. ive been dieting around 17 weeks now and the front of my abs are still blocked by a layer of fat. i can see the top ones good after a workout or under the right light, and i have veins around the sides, on my hips, and my obliques. but no abs fully from the front.
Have you tried any topical fat loss products?

Magnus19

Magnus19

Awards
Have you tried any topical fat loss products?
i used Lipoderm Ultra earlier on in the cut, and i believe it did help alot. i noticed i lost more fat from the areas i put it on than i have on any other cut. i just wish i had held off on it a few more weeks til i was leaner.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You should look into trying some Napalm. Even though it's not a replacement for Lipo-U, a lot of people have said they like it even better.

Magnus19

Magnus19

Awards
You should look into trying some Napalm. Even though it's not a replacement for Lipo-U, a lot of people have said they like it even better.
ya i read a few reviews on bb.com and have been wanting to try it, but my cut ends around xmas, and i wont be doing another one for a while. whenever i decide to cut again i will definitely get some.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Don't get the capsacin on ur johnson. i did the lipo and cap about 2 years ago, didn't wash my hand good enough. I decided to rub one out a few minutes after washing my hands...**** hurt like hell. I'll never do that again

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't get the capsacin on ur johnson. i did the lipo and cap about 2 years ago, didn't wash my hand good enough. I decided to rub one out a few minutes after washing my hands...**** hurt like hell. I'll never do that again
:toofunny:

Reps bro, I love the honesty.

slowprogress

slowprogress

Awards
Member by default. hopefully I can be booted out too. I have never seen all of my abs ever. Currently trying cardio + low carb + dermatherm after a bit of a bulk. Christmas will ruin me but at least I will go into the feasting season with less fat so it won't be for nothing.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
all banned in AU..

I got same prob.. im flat on my ABS... but i got this little bit of fat under my belly button.. i dunno WTF is it.. It suxs!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
heres an example of my problem. Look at my obliques, look at my abs :( (and my abs are shiny cause i just put napalm on them,not cause i oiled up, lol)

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nice, WB. That doesn't look like anything Napalm can't take care of.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice, WB. That doesn't look like anything Napalm can't take care of.
Good cause thats almost exactly what I look like, a little more around my belly button. After about 4-5 weeks deep on my CKD Napalm wil be my next purchase.

If it doesn't work me and warbird are going to unleash on you rpenn :nutkick: