Need To Lose My Baby Weight

KT1984

Awards
Ok So Need Some Help. I Just Had My Second Baby 8 Weeks Ago. 4weeks Ago I Started This Diet Called Optifast 800. It Is A Liquid Diet I Have Five Shakes A Day Each One Has 160 Calories 3g Of Fat 20g Carbs Sugars 18g And Protein 14g

I Have Lost 19 Pounds In This 4 Weeks. I Am 5'8 And Was 220 When I Delivered I Am Now 181. I Was 165 Pre-pregnancy. I Want To Be 145 That Is My Goal. When I Get There I Will Re Evlauate My Body To See If I Need To Lose More.
I Have Done A Little Walking But Not Much. I Have NOT Been Very Physical For A While, So I Am Working My Way Up. I Am Going To Do Another Month Of The Optifast.
But My Questions Are
1} What Are The Best Exercises To Do On This Low Amount Of Calories?
2} After the liquid diet how many calories should I take in so I don't rebound the weight
3} Supplements? Witch cortisol control is best for women?

I Want To Lose My Weight As Fast As I Can.

Last edited:

KT1984

Awards
each shake contains 20 grams TOTAL carbs 18 of them sugars

BigAsian

BigAsian

Awards
slow your role! you weight loss is great. you do not want to lose too much too fast.

first question: walking is great...being active overall is what you need to do. jsut plain old exercise whether it be cardio or light weight training. you need to be physical.

second question: you can find out what your maintenance calories should be by going to caloriecontrol.org they have a very simple calculator.
*MOST IMPORTANT* once youe stop the liquid diet DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT just start eating like you used to!!! you must slowly increase your calories to your desired maintenance level. so when you come off your diet i would not increase more than 150-200 calories/week. the slower you increase your calories the more chance you have of keeping your weight off. this is the greatest downfall to dieters. they pick up their normal eating habits once finished with a diet, and gain all their weight right back.

third question: you really done need cort control...but if you would like there are 2 great ones that come to mind. Designer Supplements Lean Xtreme and Anabolic Xtreme REtain2. best times to take are morning upon waking and several hours later. these are the times when cortisol builup is highest in your body.

it is great that you want to lose weight...but do it the right way...do it slow and keep it off. slow and steady might not always win the race, but you will always finish! food for thought.

-BigAsian

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I agree with the above poster. Crash dieting usually brings the weight back on. Maybe join a gym and start doing some lifting and cardio. The added muscle will help tone you up as well as burn fat at a resting rate.

I would hold off on supps for a bit until you can't lose on your own. Congrats on the new little one!!!

KT1984

Awards
Thank you guys so much for your replies. Thank you for the info about the calories increase. I am not really worried about the rebound weight gain to much because I was pretty thin before I had kids, and with my first I gained just as much weight and eat like sh** and still lost my weight it just took a lot longer than I would like. I am taking caffeine 200mg once a day and yohimbine hci once a day.

How should I spend my time in the gym. I was walking around my block a couple times and that was 1.5 miles. I did that like 3 times a week. Yesterday I went to the gym and walked for 30 minutes like at 3.9 mph. Is that good or should I be going longer? What about weight lifting. What should I do? What should I focus on more? Having kids my time is cut short a lot.

BigAsian

BigAsian

Awards
when i go on a cut i do my cardio (light intesity) first thing in the morning with no food in my stomach. this utilizes your fat stores for energy. 30 minutes is fine 3-5x/week.

for weight lifting since you are trying to lsoe weight i would suggest full body workouts and circuits. using these workouts you can finish in 30-45 mins and still maintain a high intensity.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How should I spend my time in the gym. I was walking around my block a couple times and that was 1.5 miles. I did that like 3 times a week. Yesterday I went to the gym and walked for 30 minutes like at 3.9 mph. Is that good or should I be going longer? What about weight lifting. What should I do? What should I focus on more? Having kids my time is cut short a lot.
I have three kids and it was harder to bounce back after each one. I do a weight lifting circuit that looks like this

Back day
bicep/tricep/forearm day
chest and shoulders day
Leg day

I do abs every other day with 30 min of cardio thrown in every time. I vary my cardio in sprint intervals and when I'm not running I'm at about a 3.5 speed gonig up hill at an incline

Any weight lifting is going to help build muscle which will help burn fat to support itself at rest.

All thic can be accomplished in 45 min at the gym. Do 15 min of weights if you have to and 30 min of cardio. Or the other way around.

KT1984

Awards
Thank you guys agian for your input. It really helps a lot. My husband is all into this weightlifting stuff so he gives me a lot of motivation.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thank you guys agian for your input. It really helps a lot. My husband is all into this weightlifting stuff so he gives me a lot of motivation.
Ahhh well then do a few fun circuits with him. I train with my husband and it can be fun sometimes.