What veggies interupt Keto?

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Do peas interrupt keto? I know that carrots do, but I was curious if peas green beans or corn do.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Corn is a grain so I am pretty sure that doesn't work. I would think that peas would be off limits since they tend to be a little higher on the sugar content.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Interesting that peas have 4 grams protein per serving though

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
From c-k-d.com

These are good
Low-Carb Vegetables: Peppers, Mushrooms, Celery, Cucumber, Lettuce, Romaine Lettuce, Radishes, Bok Choy, Parsley
Low-Moderate Carb Vegetables: Artichoke, Asparagus, Snow Peas, Spinach, Broccoli, Spaghetti Squash, Eggplant, Brussel Sprouts, Tomato, Cabbage, Turnips, Onion, Zucchini, Cauliflower
Although I have my doubts about tomato's.

From the unacceptable link they also say this
*Do not eat nuts or seeds in large amounts, as they often have too much carbohydrates. Foods that combine protein and carbohydrates, such as chickpeas, kidney beans and other legumes, are not permitted.
I constantly snacked on smoked almonds and pistachios on the ckd and it never kicked me out.

When I did keto diets I lived by the forums at c-k-d.com and fitday.com. Just search for the food type and check out its' macro breakdowns - that'll help you determine if its going to be good or not.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
Fitday says that 1 cup of cooked grean beans have 9.86 grams of carbs and 4 grams of dietary fiber which is about 5 grams of net carbs. I wouldn't eat them, I was always shooting for 20g of carbs max in a day (not counting post workout).

Asparagus and spinach salads will become your friend :)

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Avoid potatoes. :D

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
For me that is the hardest part about the keto diet, I can put away some spuds. I have been meaning to start one again, but this time I am gonna try a tkd instead of the cdk. I always screw the pooch with the ckd weekend refeed - it just becomes a cheat fest.