Fat Loss- Something To Think About

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Well yesterday was my last day teaching the young ones about body composition and Id like to share with you guys my last lesson to them, this one will always apply to real life.......(remember Im talking to 17-19 year olds here but I feel the same applies to 19-+ also)

So you want to lose some FAT

You look in the mirror, you appear to fat and/or people tell you you're fat. Well congrats. realizing and doing something about it is phase 1. Dont know what fat burners work? afraid of ephedrine and thermogenic drugs? Throw them out, you dont need them. Heres how to lose 1lb of pure fat a week

Go to my thread and figure up your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). After you have that number, thats the number of calories you have to eat to maintain. Here comes the hard part (actually this is very easy, people just see it as hard)......

You DO NOT have to starve yourself

Diets where you become so calorie deficient that the lethargy is so intense you're miserable, think you can deal with it? Who cares if you can, you're bodyfat WILL NOT decrease without physical activity. Your body will say "hell no" to the thought of giving up that fat for energy when you're starved. Why? Go read my thread on the Roles of Fat- Basic Nutrition. Fat plays too many vital roles in the body to be used for energy for a starving person. So starving yourself is out of the question......

Ok, here comes the good part.......Take that 4 digit number you have (maintainence calories) and thats how many calories to eat a day......yep, to maintain. Now your macronutrient (Protein, carbs & Fat) still need to be at a healthy ratio as does your meal plan. But the actual food to eat doesnt fit in this thread, but Im sure most of you guys know to eliminate junk, fast food, etc. Ok, back to the fun.....To lose 1lb of pure fat a week, all you have to do is eat right at (a little above or below wont hurt) your maintainence calories, and then perform some type of cardio 5 days a week. Now because 1 pound of fat is equal to 3500 calories You have to burn 500 cals a day each day for 7 days and that equals 3500 cals. Now how hard is burining 500 calories a day? Not that difficult at all. 30 minutes of moderate exercise should burn 500 cals a day, this is for you to access.

Now heres the common question.....You said do cardio 5 days a week but you said burn 500 cals a day....Good question. Heres the answer, on the 2 days you dont do cardio, take that original BMR number and subtract 500 from it. Thats how many calories to eat on off days to continue the fat burning.

So in conclusion (sorry this had to be so long) 1lb of fat = 3500 cals. Think about this....52 weeks in a year, say you cut half the time (Id say thats average, depends on body type) but thats 26 weeks, 1lb a week thats 26lbs of pure fat a year. PURE FAT Can you imagine being 26lbs lighter in 1 year?? How different would your body look?? And this is without use of drugs and stupid ass "miracle" diets. Imagine if you choose to cut a couple more weeks?? Its your choice and because this is 100% natural and healthy to the body any amount you choose to lose is healthy......

**Bonus material- Free of charge ;) :p

Think if you do this all naturally and you burn 1lb of fat a week....if you add in an ECA/NYC that will only increase the fat burning process...I can not sit here and tell you it will be 100% fat, but the majority by far will be fat.

Best of luck guys and we always like to here positive stories on how much fat you've lost and how you done it....YJ

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I was just going to post a thread asking for a solid, non-keto, way to cut and you beat me to it bro!!! Good work YJ and thanks for contributing so much!

WW7

Blindfaith

Awards
WW7 why dont you post what you were going to post...maybe you can add anything YJ might have missed.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Nice stickies YJ. Said it before, felt compelled to say it again. Lots of good info for people to find quick and easy.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
WW7 why dont you post what you were going to post...maybe you can add anything YJ might have missed.
Yea fellas, if you have anything at all to add, dont hesitate, Im sure I probably missed something here and there so have at it.....

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established

Yea fellas, if you have anything at all to add, dont hesitate, Im sure I probably missed something here and there so have at it.....

Nice post...

Just curious, do you have any relation to NVE Pharmaceuticals (the company that makes Yellow Jacker fat burners) ?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

Nice post...

Just curious, do you have any relation to NVE Pharmaceuticals (the company that makes Yellow Jacker fat burners) ?

No sir....My two favorite supps are NVE's YellowJackets & Universal Nutrition's liver tabs.....and I didnt think LiverTabs was a very respectable name ;)

Havok

Awards
So if you do 500 cals of cardio and diet 2 days that 1lb a week?

What if you Dieted 7 days (5-7 days) and Cardio (5-7 days)
Could you burn up to 2 lbs a week?

And would that be all fat?
or a mix?

And how can you help control whether fat or muscle is burned?

Thanks

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
So if you do 500 cals of cardio and diet 2 days that 1lb a week?
If you burn 500 calories through cardio and diet down 500 calores from your BMR in a week, that will be 1lb of fat loss, correct.

What if you Dieted 7 days (5-7 days) and Cardio (5-7 days) Could you burn up to 2 lbs a week?
If you ate 500 cals. below maintainence, then did cardio a couple days of week, it would be over 1lb of fat a week (depending up on the number of cals. burnt during cardio)

I wouldnt recommend more than 4 days of cardio a week however.

And would that be all fat?
or a mix?

This is why I said no more than 4 days of cardio, then you risk burning off muscle, but its not that common IMO. Stick to 3 or 4 days of cardio and a clean cutting diet and you can lose over 1lb of pure fat a week, depending upon your cardio of choice, intensity, etc.

And how can you help control whether fat or muscle is burned?
Keep your essential fats high and your protein intake moderate to high and your cardio just a couple days a week.

Havok

Awards
Thanks man,
So just 4 days of cardio?

What if some days its light,
like 30 mins of light to moderate...
And does it matter if the days are spread out.
I do it every morning before school (mon-fri)

and on thursdays (today)
I usually go easy cause its after my leg day and (liek today)
Im sore

Thanks for the help

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
The amount of cardio you do is up to you whether it be light, or intense. Moderate cardio still creates a caloric defiency so be careful. And as for calipers, 1fast sells AccuMeasure which are pretty accurate for $25. Bodyfat Calipers

Andy2k

Awards
This is virtually identical to what I've been telling people for years - trouble is, some of them don't like to hear the bit about exercise.
As far as doing the cardio work goes, you should add it at the END of your workout.
Why? When you start any sort of exercise, you go through the usual process of ATP/Creatine, glycogen burning. Now, if you're doing weights (anaerobic) this is all you can possibly use - the demand on the body for energy is just too high to use any oxygen (which is used to burn FAT)
Now suppose you just did cardio work - you're still going to go through the ATP/Creatine-glycogen stage BEFORE your body starts to burn fat.
THis means that if you want to combine the two, but do your cardio work first, your energy stores for ANAEROBIC activity (the weights) is going to be depleted. You can't use fat for anaerobic work, so your weight-session is going to suffer.
If, however, you do your weights first, the following happens:
You use the ATP/creatine/glycogen as usual.
Your glycogen levels will then obviously be depleted.

When you start to do the cardio work, you will still go through the glycogen routine, but for a shorter period of time - you've alrady burned some of it. THis doesn't matter though - because the ext stage of energy production is AEROBIC, burning fat, which is exactly what you want.
TO sum up:
Do the weights first, then the cardio - it doesn't matter if you have little glucogen left when you start the cardio.
You then move on to cardio work.

If you do it the other way round, you'll have plenty of energy for the cardio, but very little for the weights.

Following this, you still want to replenish your glycogen stores in the normal way (dextrose etc) - the energy used for your weights MUST be replaced in order to allow full recover. It's just the energy used for your CARDIO routine that doesn't get replaced.

Havok

Awards
I used to do weights then cardio

Now I do cardio in the morning before school
and on mon wed fri i stay after school and lift in the field house..
and the morning cardio is on an empty stomach..
so my gly levels should be down as well right?

Someone also posted once that its more beneficial to split your workout, as long as you dont split the cardio session or weight session

do one then the other

SUPAJAwS1

Awards
YJ, is their a time of day that is most beneficial to do cardio, like say first thing in the morning on an empty stomach?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Thats a good question and an even bigger argument. You'll get a variety of opinions, research, references to why each are beneficial. I just came from a debate on cardio on an empty stomach as opposed to say, during the day on a moderatly full stomach. The problem, or concerns I should say, are burning muscle on an empty stomach, GH to IGF-1 release for muscle growth.

To make a 16 page debate short, I think the general outcome was having a 0 to very low carb protein shake in the morning before cardio. The protein (whey) will stimulate insulin which will suppress cortisol, and wont add an carbs for energy, so the moral is, you'll be burning strictly fat for energy like you're supposed to. Hope this helped.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I would have to agree with YJ on this as well.  Not that I'm an expert by any means, but all the research I have done on this topic lately supports cardio in the morning with a whey shake for optimal fat burning.

Great Thread YJ!

Havok

Awards
SO you just take a shake RIGHT before you go out to run?

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
BUMP....cutting season is here...please read...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Admin Articles 1
Weight Loss 8
Evomuse 3
Wimsicle Supplements 30
JN230 Evomuse 8