Need advice - AnabolicMinds.com

Need advice

  1. New Member
    scope75's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    505

    Reputation

    Need advice


    Hey everybody new to the site and I need to lose alot of wieght like 90lbs. I'm at 295-300 I gained about 75 pounds over the last 2 years got very lazy and i'm ready to get rid of it. Now for the questions I would like to hear your recomendations on what I should be eating, taking and work out plan to rid these pounds I'm open any and all ideas really need to get
    fit again and I want to cut the pounds then get big the right way. I started running (treadmill) and lifting (bowflex) today. I have already started cutting out the bad foods and eating smaller portions. Sorry for the long post.

    Scope75

  2. New Member
    beallio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    205

    Reputation

    First, let's start with portion control and daily diet. Post your daily/weekly eating habits as of now, and we'll take it from there.

    Exercise is good, if not great, but without the dietary basics down exercise will only get you so far.

    BTW, welcome to the board
  3. New Member
    scope75's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    505

    Reputation

    I really don't have a set plan right now I'm just eating better and less food then regular right now. I eat chicken, tuna, vegies, and fruit threw out the day. What do think I should be eating to get the pounds off I'm open to any ideas becasue I really need to get the pounds off. Also what should I be taking to help burn the fat.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    avenue Red's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    197

    Reputation

    Depends how many times you could eat. but i would say. if u can stick to a strick diet with no sodas/junk food. Something that worked very well for me was.

    1 whole egg/4 egg whites. 3/4 cup whole oats. 1/2 banana

    25g protein shake in water

    4-6oz boneless skinless chicken, 2 cups veggies (broccoli, greenbeans)

    4-6oz chicken or tuna, 2 cups veggies

    4-6 oz chicken or tuna, 2 cups veggies

    25g protein shake in water

    i also took fish oil, multi vitamin

    you can adjust and maybe eat a little bit more because you are a bigger guy then me. but if u can stay with that diet you should cut alot of weight.

    make sure you run before you eat breakfast. and do cardio 3/4 times a week. and lift weights as well
  5. New Member
    scope75's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    505

    Reputation

    avenue that is what i was looking for I will try that out. I can eat 5 times during the day before work, on my break, at lunch, another break, and then dinner. I think I will try and eat, drink a shake, eat, drink a shake, eat what do other think about this plan and what are some good working fat burners that will help shead the pounds and give me a nice boost in energy i would even like to stack a few different ones if it will get the pounds off faster.

    scope75
  6. New Member
    avenue Red's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    197

    Reputation

    for fat burners? i have really only tried clen. i am about to get some dcp/leviathan reloaded soon and try it. you should maybe look at some logs and see what people have to say. but if you do that diet i listed out you should be good. and try to get alot of cardio in also.
  7. New Member
    scope75's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    505

    Reputation

    I'm going to start that diet and do more cardio than anything else I think I will just lift 3 times a week and do cardio 5 times a week. I'm going to hit the treadmill hard, bike then do some uphill sprints then on the days I lift I'm going to try and get a full body work out in. What are some good workouts to get rid of the tits I have grown LOL. avenue do you have any links to the product you have took and the one your going to try out.
  8. New Member
    avenue Red's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    197

    Reputation

    for clen you really should drop alot of weight before taking it. I think the nutraplanet site is being fixed. but do what u just said for awhile. and if u want im probably gonna do a log of dcp/leviathan and u could see my progress. but stick with the diet and cardio and the lifting and see how things go in the next month. and then probably get a supplement
  9. New Member
    avenue Red's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    197

    Reputation

    oh btw. totally forgot a huge important thing. you should go buy a gallon handle and fill it up with water and drink that throughout the day. that keeps me from getting hungry. and it presents me a challenge cuz its hard for me so it makes me want to finish it.
  10. New Member
    scope75's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    505

    Reputation

    Shoot I drink over a gallon of water just at work and then I drink more after I get off so the water intake isn't a problem for me. I have been doing some reading on leviathan reloaded and that stuff looks bad a$$. How long should I wait before taking somethinkg like leviathan reloaded or clen and why?
  11. New Member
    avenue Red's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    197

    Reputation

    dont do clen until your like at 14% or lower i would say. but the leviathan reloaded u could take when you start your diet. shouldnt be a problem. keep me up to date as your diet goes along. i want to know how it goes for you
  12. New Member
    scope75's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    505

    Reputation

    I just sent for the free sample of leviathan reloaded I'm going to try it when it gets here and if I like it I will order some up. I might just order some because it seems like it is a great product. I'm going to get some fish oil and a multi vit got a rec for those. Thanks for all the help.
  13. New Member
    avenue Red's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    197

    Reputation

    good luck man.
  14. New Member
    scope75's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    505

    Reputation

    I'm think I'm going to try out the dcp/leviathan stack and see how that works out for me from what I read it is a sick stack. Also I can't seem to find it on www.nutraplanet.com even when I click on the link on there site were you able to find it.
  15. New Member
    avenue Red's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    197

    Reputation

    na theres another thread about it. its suppose to be being fixed. im ordering my dcp/leviathan reloaded stack on thursday hopefully. when i get pizaid.
  16. New Member
    scope75's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    505

    Reputation

    That is when I get paid and ordering it also. How long are you going to stay on that stack. I think with the diet and that stack I should lose some big pounds quick.
  17. New Member
    avenue Red's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    197

    Reputation

    im only gonna do it for 30days. im moving and dont really have money to do it for 60 or 90. and i dont think i have to drop to much weight. but i really wanna feel all the effects of it and get a good log
  18. New Member
    scope75's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    505

    Reputation

    With me wanting to lose 90lbs how long do you think I should stay on that stack because I don't want to over do it I was thinking 90 days or do you think I should stay on it longer i don't want to kill this stack the first time i use it you know what mean. I hope/don't think money will be a big deal with all the stuff i'm going to cut out of my life.
  19. New Member
    avenue Red's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    197

    Reputation

    if money is no problem then you could buy like 3 each. and after the first month see what its like. maybe do 2 months. and take a break for a month then hit it again for a month. im not exactly sure. lol to bad no one else is chiming in
  20. New Member
    scope75's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    505

    Reputation

    Yeah to bad no one else is responding but oh well you have been a big help and thanks for it.

    scope75
  21. Advanced Member
    SteelEntity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    595
    Rep Power
    387

    Reputation

    Just keep in mind that dropping your calories to much may be counterproductive as your metabolism will slow down to compensate for the reduction. Someone taking in 4000 cals/day just to maintain may drop the cals to 3000/day when dieting but in the end his metabolism may just slow down and burn 1000 less calories per day, making the calorie drop pointless. So if you are have maintained the same weight for some time then just doing cardio may be all thats required drop fat. I am not saying if you are eating burgers and fries to keep doing so, but keep your calories up there with healthy foods and eat very frequently, just give your body enough to last a few hours then refuel, this allows no room for extra calories to go to fat.
  22. Senior Member
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1041

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by scope75 View Post
    Hey everybody new to the site and I need to lose alot of wieght like 90lbs. I'm at 295-300 I gained about 75 pounds over the last 2 years got very lazy and i'm ready to get rid of it. Now for the questions I would like to hear your recomendations on what I should be eating, taking and work out plan to rid these pounds I'm open any and all ideas really need to get
    fit again and I want to cut the pounds then get big the right way. I started running (treadmill) and lifting (bowflex) today. I have already started cutting out the bad foods and eating smaller portions. Sorry for the long post.

    Scope75

    Here is a thread very similar to your situation:

    Some Advice For A Large Person Please?


    Read the thread, read the links, calculate YOUR BMR, sign up for fitday, understand why you are eating certain foods, formulate a meal plan and post it up for critique.

    Also, what's your lifting routine look like? Do you only have a Bowflex?

    Stay away from the fat-burners and stuff right now. Save your money for food and cooking supplies, you are going to need it.


    X
  23. Senior Member
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1041

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelEntity View Post
    Just keep in mind that dropping your calories to much may be counterproductive as your metabolism will slow down to compensate for the reduction. Someone taking in 4000 cals/day just to maintain may drop the cals to 3000/day when dieting but in the end his metabolism may just slow down and burn 1000 less calories per day, making the calorie drop pointless. So if you are have maintained the same weight for some time then just doing cardio may be all thats required drop fat. I am not saying if you are eating burgers and fries to keep doing so, but keep your calories up there with healthy foods and eat very frequently, just give your body enough to last a few hours then refuel, this allows no room for extra calories to go to fat.

    Exactly.

    Drop a few hundred(~500) cals off of YOUR maintenance per day in food and drop another few hundred (300-500) via lifting/cardio to create a deficit while still MAINTAINING your current metabolism and you will burn that fat off. That will put you in the 1.5-2lb fat loss range per week.

    I completely despise cardio and think its useless beyond cardiovascular health, but shoot to burn ~300 cals per session, HIIT based if possible to accelerate your fat loss.


    X
  24. Board Supporter
    Kristopher's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  264 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    842
    Rep Power
    551

    Reputation

    I agree with Xodus,
    From experience of losing over 120lbs, it definately is gonna take more than any supplement to get you where you want to be.

    It is important to know why you eat the foods you eat, and to be able to put together a diet that is going to keep you going for a while, and not have your metabolism crash. I have had my metabolism go in the pooper, and its not fun (when going from 290 - 260).

    Diet is the most important aspect, getting proper nutrition at the right times. Also you want to learn how to eat foods that taste good, or you will be tempted to cheat. If you can learn to eat healthy, and have it taste not half bad, you will be set for the long haul.

    Also it seems like you are very anxious to lose weight, i commend your effort, i just want to warn you it will take quite some time. Keep in mind how long it took to gain the weight, to undo all that is not easy.
    I just did not want you to be discouraged if all the weight was not gone in the next 6 months.

    I also highly recommend HIIT, do a search for it. It will help you out more than slow cardio, or just high intensity cardio. and its funner
    Good luck!


    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Exactly.

    Drop a few hundred(~500) cals off of YOUR maintenance per day in food and drop another few hundred (300-500) via lifting/cardio to create a deficit while still MAINTAINING your current metabolism and you will burn that fat off. That will put you in the 1.5-2lb fat loss range per week.

    I completely despise cardio and think its useless beyond cardiovascular health, but shoot to burn ~300 cals per session, HIIT based if possible to accelerate your fat loss.


    X
  25. New Member
    scope75's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    505

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher View Post
    I agree with Xodus,
    From experience of losing over 120lbs, it definately is gonna take more than any supplement to get you where you want to be.

    It is important to know why you eat the foods you eat, and to be able to put together a diet that is going to keep you going for a while, and not have your metabolism crash. I have had my metabolism go in the pooper, and its not fun (when going from 290 - 260).

    Diet is the most important aspect, getting proper nutrition at the right times. Also you want to learn how to eat foods that taste good, or you will be tempted to cheat. If you can learn to eat healthy, and have it taste not half bad, you will be set for the long haul.

    Also it seems like you are very anxious to lose weight, i commend your effort, i just want to warn you it will take quite some time. Keep in mind how long it took to gain the weight, to undo all that is not easy.
    I just did not want you to be discouraged if all the weight was not gone in the next 6 months.

    I also highly recommend HIIT, do a search for it. It will help you out more than slow cardio, or just high intensity cardio. and its funner
    Good luck!
    Yeah I'm pretty anxious to get the weight off I figure with a good diet plan and some hard work I will be able to get it of in 10-15 months. I know what you are talking about eating food that tastes good luckly I'm not that picky and I like tuna and chicken and veggies so as soon as I get back home I'm going to hit it hard with alot of running and lifting lighter wieght but more reps.
    Kristopher if you don't mind could you tell me what your diet was when you were around the 290-300 range.
    scope75
  26. Board Supporter
    Kristopher's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  264 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    842
    Rep Power
    551

    Reputation

    When i first started, i had no concept of what a healthy diet was, i stumbled onto CKD.com and went from there.
    I lost probably the first 50lbs using a CKD, it seemed to be really steady, around 2lbs a week or more. Eventually i got sick of it and switched to a 404020, which took some time to tweak, but eventually followed that down to 200ish.

    Going on a CKD at first was helpfull for a number of reasons
    A) It helps kill appetite, so you cant really overeat
    B) Its kind of dummy proof, as long as you eat high fat, moderate protein, and low carb your good... like eat eggs and cheese and stuff, and stay away from all grains and sugars
    easy to follow
    C) You get a refeed once a week, my favourite day of the week usually
    D) I gained strength while on it, gained muscle
    E) In general, felt more focused, and much less bloated.

    Anyways, if you want to try out a CKD, CKD.com forums are full of amazing information and wise people (for the most part)


    Quote Originally Posted by scope75 View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty anxious to get the weight off I figure with a good diet plan and some hard work I will be able to get it of in 10-15 months. I know what you are talking about eating food that tastes good luckly I'm not that picky and I like tuna and chicken and veggies so as soon as I get back home I'm going to hit it hard with alot of running and lifting lighter wieght but more reps.
    Kristopher if you don't mind could you tell me what your diet was when you were around the 290-300 range.
    scope75
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Diet newbie needs advice for cycle
    By Irongame in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-23-2003, 02:56 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-16-2003, 01:01 PM
  3. Need advice on my "stack"
    By AlexParty in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-06-2003, 11:34 AM
  4. Need Advice
    By Selso in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 07:09 AM
  5. ph newbie needs advice
    By metacat in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-28-2002, 11:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in