• Start date
Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Soon I will be starting my CKD 10 week journey. For those who dont know what CKD is here's a good article explaining it Training on the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet: Effects of Cyclical Ketogenic Diets on Exercise Performance

After this whole thing is over my goal is to cut into the single digits in BF%. I'll be starting out at around 12%. When Im done it'd be nice to be standing @ 190lbs and 8%BF.

Diet​
I calculated my CKD requirements at c-k-d.com based on 200lbs total weight and a 33" waist. I'll be doing about 2,750/day. I figure abut a 250cal deficiency from food and another 250-300 burned daily from cardio/weights will put me at 500, thus keeping as much muscle as possible and lose my 1-2lbs/week.

Calories: 2,750
Protein: 200gr
Fat: 208gr
Carbs: < 20

Meal 1
4 whole eggs
1/4 cup cheddar cheese
Breakdown: 36/30/6

Meal 2
4oz Chicken
1.5 Tbs EVOO
Breakdown: 35/25/0

Meal 3
1/2 scoop Casien
1/2 scoop Whey
2Tbs MCT oil
Breakdown: 35/25/3

Post-workout
1/2 scoop Casien
1/2 scoop Whey
Breakdown: 2/25/3

Meal 5
4oz Chicken
1.5 Tbs EVOO
Breakdown: 35/25/0

Meal 6
6oz Ground Chuck
Low-Carb Ketchup
Breakdown: 35/45/3

Meal 7
4 whole eggs
1Tbs Flax Oil
Breakdown: 37/24/0

Daily Totals-Sun-Friday
Fat: 215
Protein: 199
Carbs: ~15
Calories: ~2,791

*I'll be adding 5gr fish oil to each meal (exclude post-workout shake)

I will carb load after my friday workout and will do so for about 24hrs. Trying to consumer close to 800gr of carbs in this time. For that 24hr my totals will look close to this
Calories: 4,575
Fat: 75
Protein: 175
Carbs: ~800

Supplements​
-20gr BCAA's sipped on in a gezzy of water
-AN Intra-Bolic (only workout days will last the whole diet )
-Bulk 1-carboxy (1/4t-1/2t pre and before bed)
-DCP/Levi combo
-NP beta-alanine caps (1 pre&post)
-Creatine Mono (5gr pre&post)--Mega-Dose on carb load (25gr/day)
-Leucine (5gr pre-workout & during cardio)
-Mega-Dose Fish Oil (30gr)

Since I have it I'm gonna do Primaforce Sesamin Oil and NP CLA (2gr 3x's day)

O and as always Poseidon and my Multi :thumbsup:

Training

I'll be doing whole body workouts Mon/Wed/Fri. Cardio will be done on Tuesdays, Thursday, and Sunday to help get back to ketosis quicker. I'll start out with Low intesity stuff Tue & Thur like walking on a 10% incline at 3-3.5 speed. Progressively working up on the length. Sundays I'll do some sort of H.I.I.T for 20-30minutes. Since I'll feel the best on monday I will focus on the heavy, compund movements on this day
Monday
They'll be done in this order, 3 sets each at 10,8,6
Chest: Bench Press
Back: Barbell Rows
Legs: Squats
Triceps: CG Bench
Biceps: Barbell Curl
Shoulders: Over head Press

Wednesday
2-3 sets of each done in a superset fashion A1A2,B1B2 etc....
A1: DB Incline press
A2: Neutral Grip Pulldown

B1: Leg Extension
B2: Seated Leg Curl

C1: Reverse Grip Push Down
C2: Incline DB Curls

D1: Rev Pec Deck
D2: Cable Side Raises

Friday

This will be a total depletion workout. Doing 15-20 reps with weight that could be handled for 25-30reps. I will have 3 "circuits". Each circuit will consist of a movement for each body part and will be done exercise to exercise with no rest. Once I'm complete I'll rest 2minutes and repeat. I will each circuit twice. I'll rest 5 minutes in between circuits. This day is going to suck.

I'm going to be doing abs, well IDK maybe before cardio :think: I hate doing them.

Here's the plan guys, Hows it look?

Last edited:
beallio

beallio

Awards
Fiber supplement during the week? You might want it, or feel the pain (literally) on down the road.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Looks very well thought out. Maybe Gut health or another probiotic to help with nutrient absorption on this diet.. have you ckd'd before?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks very well thought out. Maybe Gut health or another probiotic to help with nutrient absorption on this diet.. have you ckd'd before?
Thats right. I need to add that!

I have never done this CKD before. I've done other type of low carb diets that would taper carbs to 0 then load the next day, and now that I look back, a TKD type. They both worked well. Both diet's put me at my leanest I have ever been.

I folded at 4.8% on a 6 point digital calipar on the TKD type the spring of 06' @ about 165-168lbs. I dont think i was that lean though, maybe closer to 6 or 7.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I wish you the best of luck. I think Ckd's would really fk me over due to the crazy differences in carb/calorie/training manipulation. I might have to try it out one day too :)

jCoonan

Awards
YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME! I've been looking for a diet like this, I read that entire article(a first for me) and I am going to do something much like this except I will be pulsing Epi on workout days. My training is much the same as yours, being full-body, but I'm interested in your circuiting on Friday. I've never done a circuit and would like to know what you're doing there. SO READY TO BE LEAN!:bb2:

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME! I've been looking for a diet like this, I read that entire article(a first for me) and I am going to do something much like this except I will be pulsing Epi on workout days. My training is much the same as yours, being full-body, but I'm interested in your circuiting on Friday. I've never done a circuit and would like to know what you're doing there. SO READY TO BE LEAN!:bb2:
I'm happy to do so!!!!!!

I'm new to the circuit workout also but from searching for a while this is what I have come up with. I also plan on resting 5minutes between circuits :think:

Circuit 1 (2sets)
DB flat bench
Bent Over Smith Rows
DB front Raise
E-Z Curl (high pinky) curls
Rope Push Down
Squats
-Rest 2-3minutes Repeat-

Circuit 2 (2sets)
DB incline bench
One Arm DB Rows
Seated Side Raise
Incline DB Curls
Reverse Grip E-Z bar Push Downs
Leg Press
-Rest 2-3minutes Repeat-

Circuit 3 (2sets)
DB Flyes
Straight Arm Pull Down
Straight Bar lateral raise
Hammer DB curls
One Arm reverse grip push down
Leg Ext
Leg Curl

I should have fully depleted my glycogen stores by now and will hit 75gr Waxy Maize and an apple and get the carb party started!!!!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm slowly lowering my carbohydrates in my diet. Once I drop my BF a good bit, I'm then going to try a diet similar to this with H-drol/Leviathan Reloaded. Really try to shred up.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm slowly lowering my carbohydrates in my diet. Once I drop my BF a good bit, I'm then going to try a diet similar to this with H-drol/Leviathan Reloaded. Really try to shred up.
I'd really like to use that approach. Unfortunately, my schedule and time wont really allow for it. The thing I hate about baseball is the fact it's sooooo long.

Nothing like playing from March til the middle of October to really put a good damper on trying to bulk up and cut down.

I'm hoping I'll be able to run a CKD/TKD lifestyle after this to help make that a little easier.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One more week!!!!! I've decided to change the supp's due to beeing selected to log Nimbus Nutrition's BLAST!!!!

Here's the new list
Training days (no carbs)
-Leucine 5gr pre/post
-Creatine Mono 5gr pre/post
-Bulk 1 Carboxy (dosed same as powerfull caps)
-3servings Xtend in gallon jug drank thru day
-Blast 1-2scoops pre weights & cardio
~Beta-Alanine 2-3gr pre/post (maybe)

Carb Load 24-36hrs
-Leucine 3gr (with P-Slin am/afternoon/night)
-Creatine Mono 5gr 5x's/day
-P-Slin 15min before Breakfast/lunch/dinner
-Bulk 1-Carboxy (2 am/pm)
-3servings Xtend in gallon jug drank thru day
-Blast 1 scoop am/afternoon
~Beta-Alanine 1gr am/afternoon

*I cut out the AEN product and DCP/Leviathan for now. I will add the DCP/Leviathan combo later down the road, probably the final 4 weeks to really help give me a kick in the arse.