is the way you look when you first wake up decieving???

dmbwhiteguy

Awards
when you first wake up in the morning, your body is fasted, water depleted...you look leaner. as the day goes on you eat, drink water, etc and the way you looked in the morning changes a little.

my question is, is the way you look/weigh first thing in the morning a true indication of your body's progress.

the reason i am asking is because i am desperately trying to cut down from 10% to 7% bf. and i am having the hardest time doing so...nothing seems to work.

when i wake up, i feel like, "hey.. iam making progess" but during the day due to the carbs, food, water, i look at myself and i definitely do not feel this same way.

any advice?

thanks

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
Well I would say if your seeing progress from the way you look one morning to the next morning then I would say you could use the way you look in the morning as a judge. I wouldn't compare the way you look in the morning one day to the way you look later in the day on another day or vice versa for the reasons you mentioned.

As far as tracking my weight gains I only pay attention to my weight in the mornings because I feel it is less likely to fluctuate from day to day and less likely to be affected by factors such as water intake and food intake, since your body is essentially fasted in the mornings.

Hope that helps.

szeleale

Awards
I agree...very good
Well I would say if your seeing progress from the way you look one morning to the next morning then I would say you could use the way you look in the morning as a judge. I wouldn't compare the way you look in the morning one day to the way you look later in the day on another day or vice versa for the reasons you mentioned.

As far as tracking my weight gains I only pay attention to my weight in the mornings because I feel it is less likely to fluctuate from day to day and less likely to be affected by factors such as water intake and food intake, since your body is essentially fasted in the mornings.

Hope that helps.