Protein and Building Muscle

BIGNBUFF

Awards
Do different proteins build more muscle that others? For instance does 20 grams of whey build more muscle than 20 grams of casein protein? I know the difference between the proteins, but just wanted to know if there have been studies if one protein can build muscle better than another.

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
Theres an article that kinda deals with this over at 1fast basically you want to keep your protein balance hig throughout the day.

BIGNBUFF

Awards
You think you could give me a link to that article. I couldn't find it.

BMZ

Awards
whey is just absorbed and assimilated more rapidly,
casein is slow-release protein.

it's optimal to have a mixture of both.
along with protein from whole food sources.

BIGNBUFF

Awards
whey is just absorbed and assimilated more rapidly,
casein is slow-release protein.

it's optimal to have a mixture of both.
along with protein from whole food sources.
Yea I know. So soy, casein, egg, whey, and meat protein all eventually will build the same amount of muscle?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
well not necessarily.. some proteins are considered essential and some arent.. the proteins that are essential contain the essential amino acids and those play a large role in building muscle.. plus if you eat a fatty piece of meat you might not digest all of the protein.. most of it yes but not all..

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
hmmm yea I agree with that but the whole, Completion of proteins bit is a tad overblown in my oppinion

shiner22nd

Awards
Big...BMZ is dead on....as he said a mixture of the two is optimal. You might try sticking to the whey during the day and using the casien @ night right before bed....this way your body will utilize it while you sleep...just a thought