anabolic diet

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone tried the anabolic diet? if so how was your sucess or lack of? let me know i am interested about it

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had been on it for several years and just recently stoped. It is no longer called "The Anabolic Diet". It is now "The Metabolic Diet" and there are several newer variations of its kind. The author was the first to introduce carb cycling.

http://devel.metabolicdiet.com/

HITscientist

HITscientist

Awards
AD is sweet for anyone. The only thing you have to watch is food selction as far as fats. Some people can use dairy (cream, milk, cheese, yogurt etc) and other can't and you have to use meats, certain nuts, and eggs.

Sweet for dieting or bulking either way your gaining/maintaing muscle and not gaining bodyfat (bulking) or losing bodyfat (dieting).

I like it, but that's just my opinion.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
AD is sweet for anyone. The only thing you have to watch is food selction as far as fats. Some people can use dairy (cream, milk, cheese, yogurt etc) and other can't and you have to use meats, certain nuts, and eggs.

Sweet for dieting or bulking either way your gaining/maintaing muscle and not gaining bodyfat (bulking) or losing bodyfat (dieting).

I like it, but that's just my opinion.
Can you explain a little more about the calories and do you need to count them like regular? also should you consume carbs after workout or no? I have also heard about people carb spiking on the weekends what is that about?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can you explain a little more about the calories and do you need to count them like regular? also should you consume carbs after workout or no? I have also heard about people carb spiking on the weekends what is that about?

Hman, go to the website I posted. You will find a lot of information there. The newer book, "The Metabolic Diet" also has a lot more detailed information in it than his first book. Also he usually responds to emails. He actually takes phone calls too. I have talked to him personally on the phone about my diet. If you want specifics about the diet, the website and Dr.Mauro is the best place to look.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are a number of variations on the theme, Lyle Macdonald has a few books about similar diets as well

C

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
i did this diet years ago when it first was introduced by leo costa of the bulgarian burst training system. it was kool, got lean and muscular. on the weekends it was all carbs, chocolate pancakes, pasta, pizza, ice cream, donuts, u name it and then during the week only protein and fats. i would put on 10-15 pounds from the weekend and then lose all that and 3 more pounds by the next friday