staying cut

s7mgte

Awards
soo theoretically if you think about it... if i want to get cut and drop my calorie intake and work out and lets say i get my self low in body fat and shredded up.. after i reach that point i can go back to my maintenance calories instead of staying lower and still stay with the same look correct? or no

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
genetics!!!!!!!...i eat my ass off and NEVER gain fat!!!....play the hand your delt,and do the best you can!....

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
...And that's why I hate you, Trip. :D
sorry..but my dad looks about similar to me,....dude is huge and cut like a razorblade!!!!!....(trauma can back me on that,or check my myspace)My brother is a dam beast!!! ....if you were ment to be a bodybuilder....you would have known a long time ago!...........genetics!.......nuf said......it dont matter what you take...if it's not ment for you,it's not ment for you!!!!!(not u r-pen)....but most

s7mgte

Awards
sorry..but my dad looks about similar to me,....dude is huge and cut like a razorblade!!!!!....(trauma can back me on that,or check my myspace)My brother is a dam beast!!! ....if you were ment to be a bodybuilder....you would have known a long time ago!...........genetics!.......nuf said......it dont matter what you take...if it's not ment for you,it's not ment for you!!!!!(not u r-pen)....but most
yeahh i dont take anything and i got real good genetics.. im naturally 5 11 210 pounds and can bench like 300.. thats with not working out and eating anything i want.. i usually dont gain weight either.. i just want to get real cut up.. im defined.. i just want that killer 6 pack thats all

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeahh i dont take anything and i got real good genetics.. im naturally 5 11 210 pounds and can bench like 300.. thats with not working out and eating anything i want.. i usually dont gain weight either.. i just want to get real cut up.. im defined.. i just want that killer 6 pack thats all
cardio,and diet is your answer!!!!!...nothing else!

s7mgte

Awards
cardio,and diet is your answer!!!!!...nothing else!
yea ahha i know but the thing is i still want to get stronger and bigger too. i dont want tolose muscle like everyone says you do when doing cardio and not eating enough calories

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
soo theoretically if you think about it... if i want to get cut and drop my calorie intake and work out and lets say i get my self low in body fat and shredded up.. after i reach that point i can go back to my maintenance calories instead of staying lower and still stay with the same look correct? or no

Body composition is a continuous process. You can't just burn the fat and think you can go back to your old habits (even though this seems to be a VERY common misconception). It's those habits that are making you so that you're NOT CUT. Make sense?

You're best bet is to make small cuts/adjustements in your diet and training until you find something that works good for you.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Haha I know, I was just joking cuz I was a fat kid so I gotta stay strict with my diet yearround.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha I know, I was just joking cuz I was a fat kid so I gotta stay strict with my diet yearround.
doin good bro!! :thumbsup:

s7mgte

Awards
Body composition is a continuous process. You can't just burn the fat and think you can go back to your old habits (even though this seems to be a VERY common misconception). It's those habits that are making you so that you're NOT CUT. Make sense?

You're best bet is to make small cuts/adjustements in your diet and training until you find something that works good for you.
yeaa.makes perfect sense.. i just want to get my bench up to like maybe 320-330 or so and drop like 10-15 pounds and be shredded. ive been lifting everyday almost for the past few weeks. and eating pretty decent

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Genetics... hmmm... Genetics gave me arms the size of trains, but I've always had to work hard to maintain. I'd say that things are different now, because I don't worry or stress things at all (thanks Relora).

My typical meals everyday:

Morning: 8 egg whites, peppers, onions, mushrooms, basil omelette with 2 pieces of Ezekiel toast and a little organic jelly

Brunch: chicken, a little rice, lettuce, tomato, and a side of steamed carrots

Lunch: Same as brunch

Post Workout or Post HIIT cardio: 50 grams whey isolate, small banana, 2 pieces Ezekiel toast (honey added if after weight training)

Dinner: Fish, beans, veggies

Snack: Shake or cottage cheese with fish oil

My meals are flexible and I don't have to train at the same time everyday or whatnot, but my sleep is PERFECT, stress is at absolute zero, and I have a good staple stack and take a lot of DIFFERENT anti-oxidants. My workouts are executed with disgustingly good precision as well and are done in a HIT, full body manner.

Yeah... if your genetics aren't perfect, work hard at it and find your niche. I know many with great genetics who eat fastfood and workout like semi-functional retards and still look good. Whatever ;)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeaa.makes perfect sense.. i just want to get my bench up to like maybe 320-330 or so and drop like 10-15 pounds and be shredded. ive been lifting everyday almost for the past few weeks. and eating pretty decent
the fact is that as your bodyweight and bf% change your maintenance calories also change. so you can't "go back to" the old calories, you need to work out what maintenance will be at the new weight....

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
true and untrue.. the more muscle mass u pak on.. the mroe calories your muscles will burn, therefore if your huge.. you should hold off bodyfat easier also.. and you look fairly big my friend..

:D

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
true and untrue.. the more muscle mass u pak on.. the mroe calories your muscles will burn, therefore if your huge.. you should hold off bodyfat easier also.. and you look fairly big my friend..

:) thanks

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

You're basing that off of what you've seen on the cover of MuscleMag. Watch the World's Strongest Man Competition, and let me know how all those guys can have all that muscle, and the only one who's cut-looking in Marius.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Staying cut IMO means being happy, managing stress, intensifying your exercises in fun, strenuous (but not over-exertion), getting plenty of sleep, and self-actualizing yourself. Your lifestyle should be based on a wholesome nutritious, long-term eating plan and a vigorous, fun fulfilling activity agenda.

onelife

onelife

Awards
i have found it rather easy to maintain a weight once i reach it. you have to maintain a solid diet and keep up with your cardio if you are prone to gaining fat quickly. gone are the days of trying to put on 20 or 30 pounds to "bulk up" keep your diet strict and make smaller leaner gains that are keepable and in this case no worries of excess bf

and yes that is me in my avatar looking big..hehehe