Can I eat as much chicken as I want?

Qaiphyx

Awards
Can I just eat a ton of chicken, and stay lean? Or do I have to limit the amount of chicken I eat to??

Like say 3000 calories of chicken daily

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
If you eat over your maintenance level then your going to gain weight. However, the source from which those calories come from is important as to whether or not you gain muscle or fat and chicken is a good source of healthy calories. So I would say eat as much chicken as you want but keep it reasonable. If you eat to much of anything your going to put on fat.

Qaiphyx

Awards
If you eat over your maintenance level then your going to gain weight. However, the source from which those calories come from is important as to whether or not you gain muscle or fat and chicken is a good source of healthy calories. So I would say eat as much chicken as you want but keep it reasonable. If you eat to much of anything your going to put on fat.
Cool, Ya I dont eat to much, probably a reasonable amount, but I was wondering cause I figured that maybe i could lessen the amount of chicken to speed cutting. Muscle mass isnt a problem for me, cutting is lol.

Vipersg123

Vipersg123

Awards
  • Established
im 208 lbs... and I eat about 1+ lbs of chicken most days... would that be considered excessive? I eat it just because its easy to make and store and bring with me to school and work in my cooler. This usually ends up being 3 or so breasts a day.

Birdsizzle

Awards
I think all too often many of us fall prey to the "more is better" line of thinking. Like most things outside of sex and money, more is usually not better especially when taken to the extreme. As most of us know, chicken is an excellent lean protein source, but it shouldnt represent such a high percentage of your total daily intake. You need to get your protein, carbs, fat, micro and macro nutrients from a diverse sampling of food. Protein can be found in so many places you might not think of as protein containing foods... Beans, whole grain products...

Chicken is very convenient but so are many other options. Throw in some fish (in moderation), very lean beef or turkey. Keep those taste buds guessing and you're likely to keep your body happier.