How does this look for a cut?

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

How does this look for a cut?

Hey guys, I will be weight lifting 3-4 days a week, and doing cardio 3-4 days hopefully. This cut should last 2-3 months. I am 5'10, 213 pounds, about 15% BF, I think but I'm not sure (it's a guestimate).

My cardio will consist of elliptical machine, and hopefully running on an empty stomach 1-2 days a week. Diet is clean. I'm just going to stick to eating the same foods, just smaller portions.

Supps that will be used include whey and maybe a creatine product. I'm also going to run clen in a 1 week on/1 week off fashion for 4-6 weeks, assuming I don't get horrid side effects. My question is, on my off weeks, I'd like to use a fatburner as well. Is Melting Point good to use, or would Leviathan work better? Does Melting Point take awhile to kick in, or are its effects felt minutes after ingestion? I have a bottle of MP that is opened but not touched, so I'd rather use that, but if it takes awhile to build up in the system, then I would rather use Leviathan. I would use Basic Cuts in conjunction with whichever one I choose.

Most likely in December, I will be running a Mega-H cycle to further my weight loss and to hopefully gain a few pounds of LBM and strength. Retaining and/or gaining strength is my main goal with this cycle. PCT would consist of Nolva.

Also, I am trying to retain as much strength as possible. Anything to help with this, maybe creatine? I don't mind losing a little bit of muscle since I'm cutting, but I really don't want to lose much strength, if any at all. Are there any supps out there that will help me retain most of my strength?

Thanks.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.63%

Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    Also, I am trying to retain as much strength as possible. Anything to help with this, maybe creatine? I don't mind losing a little bit of muscle since I'm cutting, but I really don't want to lose much strength, if any at all. Are there any supps out there that will help me retain most of my strength?

Thanks.
    Be sure and take BCAAs at night and before your am cardio.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    Is Melting Point good to use, or would Leviathan work better? Does Melting Point take awhile to kick in, or are its effects felt minutes after ingestion?
    Why is it mandatory that you feel it working "minutes after ingestion"? If that's what you have to have, Melting Point isn't a good choice as it's not a stim.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I don't need to "feel" it working, just as long as it's in my system a couple hours after ingestion and doing what it's supposed to do. I just don't want to use something that takes days to build up because I don't want to run a fat-burner and clen at the same time because I would like to see which product works better on its own.

Is Melting Point one of those supps that takes awhile to build up in the body?
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Anyone else have any advice?
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.41%

i ran clen 2weeks/2off that worked really well but its up to you. otherwise make sure your diet is in check and with the clen youll drop weight. lots of chicken/fish and green veggies and you should do excellent
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.69%

keep the BCAA usage high...other than that, it looks like you have things under control.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.51%

Good Luck!! I think you'll see results quickly.
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.87%

I like the idea of using BCAAs or EAAs right when you wake up and before cardio, because it's not gonna negatively affect your ability to burn cals/fat. I'd mix up either that kind of thing or simply a 20g whey protein drink with a little gatorade or something (or 2-6oz of juice+water, a little milk+water, or I guess you could just go with the aminos alone if you wanna avoid carbs altogether. It's just better for absorbtion with something else).

The small amount of cals we're talking about will be negligible and burn up immediately during your workout. They will, however (IMO) be very valuable for preservation of muscle tissue when you're cutting, especially if you're using clen. Not that clen is evil, because I'm a big clen fan for a cut. Big fan. I just find that when you use that kind of thing, cut cals, and up the cardio, it's easy to go into a catabolic state if you aren't infusing your body with enough amino acids (or protein in general).

I'd make sure to take 1-2T of flax oil daily on a cut too. Another really good option is carb cycling, but that's another discussion altogether. Good luck, and keep us posted on how things roll...
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Carb cycling isn't an option because that's where I will be getting much of my calories (brown rice, wheat bread, and sweet potatoes), so I'm trying to keep my CHO intake the same typically each day (hopefully in the 250-300 grams range).

And why do you recommend flax oil? Is it okay to substitute flax oil with fish oil caps? I will be using NOW fish oil caps and am thinking of taking 10 grams daily. Is this too much, or too little?
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.94%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Unless you have a really high tolerance to stims, I wouldn't take Leviathan and Basic cuts together. A non stim like melting point would work well with either of those, or you could try the stack special DCP/Leviathan at NP now
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Starting Monday, I will stack Melting Point with Basic Cuts for one month. In November, I will hopefully run clen in a 1 week on/1 week off fashion for 4 weeks. In December, I hope to run a 50mg/ED Mega-H (possibly throw in some Mega-Zol) cycle. post cycle therapy would be during the month of January. Once February comes around, I'll probably just maintain for a month or two. Then mid-March or April, hopefully I'll be where I want to be in terms of leanness, so I can hopefully start to bulk again.

We'll see how this cut goes. I did a cut last Summer, but it didn't go as I planned because I lost too much muscle and not enough fat due to not eating enough and over-training. I was lifting for 60-75 minutes, and then would do cardio for 45-60 minutes afterwards. I was pretty lean, but had lost a ton of strength and more muscle than I anticipated. I don't want to make that mistake again, so diet is on point.

As for training, I'm going to do an upper/lower split for a month, then maybe go back to the tradition split for a month, then maybe a FB routine for a month, I'll guage how I feel as I go along. I'm planning on incorporating squats twice a week just because it's such a good exercise. I would do it on leg day and chest/shoulders/tris day. On my leg day, I would do 2 warmup sets with 6 working sets. On my chest day, I would do three or four working sets. Does this sound okay?

I'll use BCAAs during this first month to determine if they are effective. If so, I will order more Xtend. If not, I won't bother and just stick with good food.

By the way, I did 42 minutes of moderate-intensity cardio (120-130 BPM) on the elliptical machine. Is this too long?
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Turns out, I won't be starting my cut for at least 2-3 weeks. I sprained my right ankle pretty bad on Thursday and can't walk without crutches. I imagine I won't need crutches starting Wednesday or Thursday, but can't do any kind of physical activity for at least 2 weeks.

Similar Forum Threads

1. how does this look for my pct.
    By Pipes in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-17-2010, 12:21 PM
  2. HOW DOES THIS LOOK FOR BULKING
    By FADAWN in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 03:19 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 01:45 PM
  4. how does this look for a teen mass stack??
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 08:06 PM
  5. How does this look for a first cycle?
    By Kawi636 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 04:35 AM