Want To Bulk Up/Gain Weight?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
This was originally posted over at bodybuilding.com, but I like you guys so much and BDC is my homeboy that I thought I'd share my epiphany with you men as well...
Ok fellas, seeing a lot of bulking threads and gaining weight threads starting up for this fall/winter which is not a bad idea to start bulking so you can cut and be real pretty before summer....Here's some info.

1 pounds = 3500 calories.
To gain weight, you have to figure you Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) To do this:

Take your height in INCHES then convert it to CM(2.54 CMs per Inch), write that down. Then take your weight in LBS and convert it to KGs (divide your weight by 2.2)
Next go with the Harris-Benedict Formula:
66 + (13.7 X WT) + (5 X HT) - (6.8 X A) =
WT= Weight
HT = Height
A = Age
After plugging in that formula, circle that number. Next choose your activity factor:
Sedentary- ( little to no exercise) X .3
Moderate - (what most of us probably are) X .5
Heavy - (Extreme trainers, quite rare) X.75

-Take the number you circled multiply that by either .3, .5 or .75 depending on what your activity factor is. Like I said most of us are probably moderate, you guys who've been trainig for 5+ years pretty hard and combine cardio with weight training are more than likely Heavy, but be honest with yourself, this is for you, not your friends and people you wish to impress.

* Last step- Thermic food effect. Take your orginial BMR(the # you circled) add it to the new number(BMR + activity factor) and multiply that .10. Equation looks like this: (BMR + AF) X .10
***This Thermic food effect # must be ADDED to your BMR + Activity Factor!
*This final number if the total amount of calories you need to MAINTAIN YOUR CURRENT BODYWEIGHT!
Now like I said, each pound is made of 3500 cals. So to gain one pound, you'll have to take that BMR # and add 3500 and thats how many calories you have to eat in 1 day to gain 1 pound in a day. Thats pretty tough Im sure for most of you. So here's what to do, Multiply your BMR X 7 and thats how many cals you have to eat in one week to maintain. Next, try to eat a few extra cals a day until by the last day of the week you're over 3500 over that BMR #, and you've done it. Simple once you get the hang out it.

Things to remember:
Calories per gram of Protein- 4
Calories per gram of carbs- 4
Calories per gram of fat- 9

* Yes, im sorry but you will have to keep track of your caloric intake, but if you're serious and dedicated enough you either already do this or will start.
* Good bulking supplement:
N-Large 2 ( A high calorie gainer, if you must)
Dessicated Liver Tabs
Creatine
Multi-Vitamin
Flax oil.
*These in my opinion are the only things you need and you really dont need any of them, because food is the most important item when bulking, thats where you're going to have to get most of your cals when trying to hit 3500 over your BMR.
**Important- This same formula can be used to make losing weight naturally easy also. Take your FINAL answer multiply it by 7 to get the number of cals. to maintain your weight in a weeks time, subtract 3500 from that number, and thats how you drop 1 pound each week. Remember to keep your body healthy and dont decide you're gonna starve yourself so you can lose 5lbs in a week, not a good idea. Also there is a formula for women, if you would like it here it is:
655 + (9.6)(WT) + (1.7)(HT)- (4.7)(Age).
Everything else is the same as males.

**EDIT! Forgot to include something, Im a huge advocate of light to moderate cardio while bulking, your heart is the most important muscle in the body, why not train it consistantly. If you choose to do no cardio, you probably dont want to consume all 500 calories in excess each day, because no cardio means less fuel burning and 3500 calories = 1 gram of fat. So I suggest eating 500 cals over and light cardio twice a week, but if you choose no cardio (which is fine) cut that caloric excess down to around 250-300.

Last edited:
Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
NICE!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Gmonkey

Awards
My number 2860, I am doing a cycle of t1-pro for 1 month with 2 weeks leftover. I weigh 225 with 24% bf how many calories should I get to gain mass with a minimal amount of fat? 4000 puts me at about 1200 calories surplus 3 days = 1 pound
4500 puts me at 1700 calories about 2 days per pound. At 4500 would I gain excess fat?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
This all depends on what those calories you are eating consists of. Yes it's hard get to that 3500 surplus a week to gian one pound as it is, let alone if you try to avoid fat all together, so my advice to anyone is dont avoid fats. Im a strong advocate of eating fats and against high protein diets....this all is irrelevant now but fat yeilds 9 calories of energy per gram, thats a lot. Avoid saturated fat and you will be fine. Most gains can be lean if you watch your diet strictly, hence clean bulking.

Gmonkey

Awards
I would be aiming for 4000 cal 400 - 450 grams protien 350 - 400 grams carbs, and 90 grams of good fats 60 grams from flax and other efa's. I bought a few bags of optimum Nutrition protien and will eat 7 8 meals a day. Tuna a whole can and 2 slices no fat cheese, chicken breast etc. I will also add dextrose to pre post workout shakes. I plan on 4 -5 liquid meals and 3 solid meals a day.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
300 grams of protein is more than enough, I wouldnt even go that high with it......and no way should you be drinking more meals than you're eating, thats not gonna get you far. You want 85% of your nutrients (protein, CHO, fats, minerals, vitamins) from whole foods.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Hell!...

if I get in 3500 cals/day then I get about 7600 extra cals/week!

my final BMR if 2406.9

DarCSA

Awards
Sounds good man. Let me give you a heads up on the hihg protein diet though. You may develop a kidney stone if you are supplementing too much protein. I had a friend get one from a strict high protein diet and one source of his protein was dairy products. He had a stone alright. Three weeks into his diet he keeled over one night at work at the door to the ER and crawled into it. They doped him up from the pain and ran an ERCP and he had one in his kidney he passed it in three days. But just a heads up on a bulking diet if you are taking too much protein.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Protein will not cause you to have kidney stones! BS

DarCSA

Awards
Just a heads up too much protein do cause kidney stones. Please read and research before you post a reply.

http://www.gicare.com/pated/edtgs29.htm

diet high in animal protein affects certain minerals in the urine that may promote the formation of kidney stones. Therefore, people who tend to develop kidney stones should avoid eating more protein than the body needs each day. The physician or registered dietitian can recommend a daily protein intake for individual patients.

http://diabetes.about.com/library/blnews/blnlowcarbrisks802.htm

Popular low-carbohydrate, high-protein diets may result in rapid weight loss, but researchers at UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas report that they also pose serious health problems, including an increase in the risk of kidney stones and a possible higher risk of bone loss.

Just a little word to the wise. You put letters together to form words, put groups of words together to form sentences, and put sentences together to form statements, and you read from left to right and top to bottom in the USA. There are more web sites, articles, and journals that support this statement. If you need help in the future Hooked On Phonics worked for me.

Gmonkey

Awards
Thanks for the info, however, the diet recommended gives 81 grams of protein a Day. As long as you don't mind being as small, then that is fine. Kidney stones are not great, I know they can be dissolved by ultrasound are there other problems?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Thanks for the info, however, the diet recommended gives 81 grams of protein a Day. As long as you don't mind being as small, then that is fine. Kidney stones are not great, I know they can be dissolved by ultrasound are there other problems?
Not too get too far off topic, but not all kidney stones can be broken up with ultra sound...and the instance of protein related kidney problems are quite rare

U of R Man

Awards
Just a heads up too much protein do cause kidney stones.
Although I'm sure many here (including myself) appreciate your input, you are citing examples based on the general population. This site you are getting your information from is not taking into account the needs of a bodybuilder. With adequate carbohydrate and water intake, the risk of kidney stones is minimal. At around 80 grams of protein a day, good luck gaining muscle. There is also countless other research to support that a high protein diet will not result in kidney stones. Just like supplement companies can claim that their product is backed by science, so to can persuasive articles. Don't always believe the first thing you read DarCSA. Not a flame, just stating the facts.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
my last bulk, i was eating a good 4500-5000/day @ only 152 (back then) now at 164. but now that im well into my cutting and almost finishing up, its hard for me to even reach 3500 a day now. anythin you guys recommend to take in more cals or the only thing i can do is ease my way up to eating the ideal cals a day for bulk.

DarCSA

Awards
Thanks for the help U of R. Just citing from a friend's personal experience. YJ not all kidney stones can be broken up by ultrasound or lithotripsy as it is called. Sometimes we have to use a cystoscope, fluoroscopy, dye, and a basket to retrieve them from the bladder, ureters, and kidneys. The worst is when you have to do a nephrolithotomy to remove the stones. That is where you make an incision into the side and open the kidney and remove the stones by hand but that is very rare. Thanks for the info guys never saw the 81 grams a day. Look forward to more from everyone.

bpdaddy

Banned
Awards
Is that formula 66 or 665?  The lower one has 665.  I did it both ways and after multipling by .10 I get a number in the hundreds not thousands!

1. WT= 86 kg
  2. HT= 177 cm
  3. Age=28
  4. AF=.5

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Im not doing it for you, you just did the math wrong, if you re-read, the bottom one is for women....and after you multiply that by .10 you have to add that final number to your originial BMR, simple math

bpdaddy

Banned
Awards
Originally posted by YellowJacket
Im not doing it for you, you just did the math wrong, if you re-read, the bottom one is for women....and after you multiply that by .10 you have to add that final number to your originial BMR, simple math
YJ, that was unclear if I did add it all back.  I didn't see the final formula written.  If that the case then I end up with 3200, if I did it right.  So your saying I have to eat 6400 calories day to gain 1lb?

Then how in the heck do explain how I gained 15-20lbs (muscle) eating 2700 calories a day?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

YJ, that was unclear if I did add it all back.  I didn't see the final formula written.  If that the case then I end up with 3200, if I did it right.  So your saying I have to eat 6400 calories day to gain 1lb?

Then how in the heck do explain how I gained 15-20lbs (muscle) eating 2700 calories a day?
Yep, you'd have to eat 6400 cals a day to gain 1lb. Not likely, thags why its not ideal to try that. Most of the time you'll have to sacrifice your macronutrient ratio to get over 3500 cals A DAY, which isnt a good idea. You dont really want to try to gain 1lb a day, that'd be 7lbs a week which isnt possible. So add 500 to 3200 (3700) and shoot to try to eat that each day so by the end of the week, you've gained 1lb.

How you gained 15-20lbs of muscle, hopefully thats in a bout a 2 year span or Im seriously doubting it was all muscle. But if you did, before this 15-20lbs started your BMR WAS NOT 3200, the 3200 is taking into consideration your CURRENT assessment of yourself not what you were before you gained 15-20lbs, therefore your BMR could have been right around 2500-2700 before your 15-20lb gain. Reconfigure your BMR after every 4 or 4 pounds you gain, BMR's arent permanent, they change after every pound you gain.

bpdaddy

Banned
Awards
Originally posted by YellowJacket
How you gained 15-20lbs of muscle, hopefully thats in a bout a 2 year span or Im seriously doubting it was all muscle. But if you did, before this 15-20lbs started your BMR WAS NOT 3200, the 3200 is taking into consideration your CURRENT assessment of yourself not what you were before you gained 15-20lbs, therefore your BMR could have been right around 2500-2700 before your 15-20lb gain. Reconfigure your BMR after every 4 or 4 pounds you gain, BMR's arent permanent, they change after every pound you gain.
True, it was over a 8-12 week span with 1-AD and AndroSpray too :D

SHOT

Awards
Weight Gains 101(good read)

I took this from SIX PACK a good bro of mine...he posted this on his board and i though i would post it here...

Weight Gain 101 Read It

This is a hell of a post by masive member so he derserves all the credit for it great job bro
Sixpack

PART 1

This is for all Ectomorphs. Yea you. The thin, skinny, tall, flat chested, rapid metabolism, nervous, can?t sit still Ectomorph. You want to gain weight?

If you?re not gaining weight, you?re not eating enough. You need to determine how many calories you?re taking in. Weigh yourself on day 1 first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Keep track of all the calories you eat for 14 days. On day 15 weigh yourself again, if your weight has not changed by plus or minus 2 pounds this will work. Add up the calories for each day and divide by 14. The number you come out with is how many calories you need to eat each day to maintain your current bodyweight. Now to start gaining weight you need to add 300-500 calories to this number. Go 7 days then weigh yourself again. Slowly up the calories until you see an increase in weight.

Only try to gain 1-2 pounds a week. More than this on a consistent basis will lead to more increases in fat than muscle. Check your progress every 4 weeks with skinfold calipers and a cloth tape measure. If you?re desperately thin, a 10-pound increase consisting of 5 pounds of fat & 5 pounds of muscle is ok. A 2:1 ratio of muscle to fat would be ideal. Don?t be afraid of increases in fat. As long as it?s not settling solely around your waist you?re ok.

There are 8 basic components of nutrition.

Calories ? besides what was mentioned earlier, you should be eating at least 6 times a day every 2-3 hours. A rough example would be 7:00am, 10:00am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, and 10pm.

Protein ? 1 gram per pound of bodyweight.(INLESS YOU ARE ON GEAR THEN UP IT TO 2 GRAMS PER LBS ***SHOT***) popular choices are chicken, turkey, eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, peanut butter, milk, whey, lean cuts of red meat, fish

Carbs ? 2.5 to 3 grams per pound of bodyweight. popular choices are whole grain brown rice, sweet potatoes, veggies, beans, whole grain breads and cereals, yams.

Fats ? 20-30% of total caloric intake. good fats can be found in meat, fish, canola and olive oil, nuts, seeds, legumes, and sesame and soybean oil.

Water ? 1 gallon a day.

Fiber ? 20-35 grams daily.

Vitamins & Minerals ? this is easily covered with a daily multi-vitamin/mineral.

Specifics on these 8 items can be found on this forum by searching.

Supplements besides a multi-vitamin:

If you cant eat enough calories or meals you should consider using a weight gainer or high calorie MRP.

If you can?t eat enough protein you should consider using a protein powder.

After these 3 you can add creatine and glutamine if you desire and more vitamin C and E. Now don?t get your priorities out of whack. If you don?t eat enough protein, you?re not going to grow no matter how much creatine you take. If you don?t eat enough calories, you?re not going to grow no matter how much glutamine you take. Don?t believe the BS in the muscle magazines about supplements. Get the 8 basics of nutrition down pat.

After your workouts get in some simple carbs, whey and creatine. Why? Hit the search button.

These ideas will not turn you into a 220 pound ripped ultra low bodyfat % hulking monster of muscular might. If you weigh less than 150 pounds you should successfully reach 170-180 pounds, but give it plenty of time. When you get to this point, where you go from there will depend on genetics.

If this doesn?t saturate your brain, here are some links you may find useful:

PART 2

Nutrition was covered in part 1, this concerns training. I guess this should go in the training forum but I think this deserves to be all together. This concerns the Ectomorph.

Most training programs you see are not meant for you:

No 3 on, 1 off, 2 on, 1 off or whatever training split

No training twice a day

No ?I?m using Cutlers leg routine from flex cause I?m going to kick his ass in 6 months?

No drop sets, supersets, strip sets, descending sets, pre-exhaust sets

No chest shoulder workout consisting of flat bench for whole chest then incline bench for upper chest then decline bench for lower chest followed by flyes and crossovers then shoulder press for shoulders followed by front raises for front shoulder, side laterals for side shoulder then rear laterals for rear shoulder

No 2-hour training sessions

No training just arms and chest unless the woman you desire gets horny from looking at a light bulb which what you?re going to look like.

Pretty much all routines you see. Training programs for an Ectomorph have to be short and intense. Get in, workout, get out, and then get plenty of rest and nutrients before next training session. Take at least 1 day off between workouts, 2 would be better. This would have you training every 3rd day.

These are the exercises you should concern yourself with:
Squats, deadlifts, bench press, shoulder press, chin-ups, bent over rows, upright rows, cleans, hack squats, dips, stiff-arm pullover, stiff leg deadlift, dips

These are called compound movements because they hit more than one bodypart. Don?t waste time on isolation movements. These hit one bodypart and are useless for a beginning Ectomorph.

If your arms are less than 15 inches, don?t train them directly.

If your chest measures less than 40 inches, do presses and dips only.

If your calves are less than 14 inches, don?t train them directly.

Learn the mind-muscle connection (no, not the rock and sock connection). Don?t just lift the weight from point A to point B. Make the muscle work throughout the entire range of motion. Concentrate on the quality of each rep rather than on quantity of weight. If you can?t feel the muscle working and cramping as the set progresses, you?re probably using too much weight.

Your workouts should last between 45-90 minutes. Realize that no matter how perfect your diet may

PART 3

For an Ectomorph, getting bigger doesn't just happen. You have to put in the time and effort 24/7. Remember this is a lifestyle; it's not something you can just do whenever you feel like, especially if you want results. You have goals you have to meet each and every day.

You have to eat X amount of calories each day.

You have to eat X amount of protein each day.

You have to eat X amount of carbs each day.

You have to eat X amount of fat each day.

You have to drink X amount of water each day.

You have to eat X amount of fiber each day.

You have to take your supplements.

You have to do your workouts lifting X amount of weight for X amount of reps.

Each day make sure you hit all your goals. A way you can check this is to get yourself a calendar. If you did everything you were supposed to, put a checkmark for that day. If you didn't, mark an X and put what you didn?t do and the reason why. As time goes by, if you're not getting results you will start to see a pattern developing on your calendar. Like if you?re consistently skipping workouts, or neglecting your supplements or skimping on your protein intake.

At the end of your cycle, grade yourself. Take the number of checkmarks and divide by how many days in cycle and get a percentage. For example if you?re training for 10 weeks, that?s 70 days. Say you have 59 checkmarks; divide 59 by 70 and you get 84%. Anything below 80% on a consistent basis is not good (hey, I once got a 25).

This may seem anal, but if your a true Ectomorph, you need to do everything right each day to see results. Muscle growth for us doesn?t just happen; we have to work really hard for it. I use this for myself and those I help out and even though I?m not by their side each day, I can take a quick look at their calendar and if they?re getting results, it?s covered with checkmarks. And if they?re complaining that they?re not getting results, it?s covered with X?s.

SHOT

Awards
Here are parts 4 and 5

PART 4

An overlooked but very important part of a successful training program is rest. Your body needs time to rest after a workout so that your muscles can recuperate and grow. If you are not allowing enough time between workouts to let your body fully recover, workouts will suffer and muscle growth will not occur. Exercise recovery, healing, tissue repair, anabolic hormone production and muscle growth are all maximized during sleep. Initial effects of sleep deprivation are sleepiness, but in the long term its consequences can include an interference with the release of growth hormone.

A common mistake many Ectomorphs make is training too often. Just because some people train three or four times a week does not mean that you have to do the same. If you ignore the recovery process and workout again before your muscles are fully recovered, you will be consistently tearing down muscle tissue and never allowing it to rebuild.

You have to look forward to your workouts. If you dread working out, you won?t get results. Also, if you just go through the motions, you won?t grow. Don?t believe that you have to workout everyday or if you don?t workout for a few days your muscles will lose size. That?s just not true. Your body grows during sleep, not when you workout. The more an Ectomorph works out each week, the less he?ll grow.

If you engage in too much extracurricular activity, kiss gains goodbye. Leave till later after acquired muscle mass. I knew of one guy would who get off work, go home, lift, then go to softball practice. He never made the kind of progress he should have.

More training does not equal more muscle growth. Understand that the purpose of weight training is to stimulate muscle growth. That takes very little time. Once that has been done, the muscle needs to be repaired and new muscle needs to be built. That only happens when you are resting. You do not build muscle in the gym, you build muscle when resting. If you never give your body any essential non-active time, when will it have a chance to build muscle.

Even more practical is to avoid constant striving to prolong indefinitely those wonderful times when you're on a roll of PRs. Most of us can peak for about four to eight weeks. At some point you need to recognize that it can't last. It makes sense to regroup and recover for a while before planning new goals. This is the way to avoid overtraining altogether.

Some of this is my own words and some is from other sources.

PART 5

training and nutrition logs

in a training log, you simply write down the exercises you did, sets, reps, weights and the time you started and finished. how does that saying go, "you'll never get where you're going if you dont know where youve been." no more guessing how much weight you squatted last week or how many reps you pressed. it will be right there for you to see. you can also add notes or comments about grip placement or something you did to really feel the muscle work that you want to remember for next workout.

also use it to plan upcoming workouts. when you set foot into a gym, you need to know exactly what you're going to do before you even get in there. if you walk in and say, "gee, now what am i gonna do", your workouts are going to suffer. as soon as you finish your sets of a particular exercise, right then and there mark on your log what you want to accomplish next workout. do you want to increase the weight by 5 lbs or maybe 10 lbs? do you want to do a few more reps with the same weight? make a judegment right then and there instead of later on. write it down. next time you do that workout, you can continue where you left off instead of wasting precious time squatting a weight you did 2 weeks ago.

for your nutrition log, this where you keep tabs of your calories, protein, carbs, fat, fat %, and fiber each and every day. if you want to list every single item you ate or drank thats up to you. this may seem like a pain in the rear at first but after a while it will get easier especially if you eat pretty much the same things day after day. remember nutrition plays a big role in getting bigger and here is your proof that you were eating and drinking what you had to to reach that goal. this is where you keep tabs on your bodyweight, bodyfat % and measurements also.

lets say today you ate 3800 calories, 145gr of protein, 361gr of carbs, 92gr of fat and 29 grams of fiber and you weigh 142 pounds. you ate enough protein, 142 times 2.5 equals 355 so you ate enough carbs, 92 times 9 equals 828 divided by 3800 equals 21% so you got enoug fat. and at 29 grams you got enough fiber. now if you wasnt writing this down each day, how would you know all this? you'll get much better results than the person who

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Another nice post SHOT......Would it upset you if I moved this to the nutrition section, or at least a copy of it? Im positive more people would read it there.....

yourdaddy

yourdaddy

Awards
for the weight should i use total weight or lean weight?

yourdaddy

yourdaddy

Awards
k. thanks YJ. very quick and helpful as usual. karma for you.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
YJ, I just wanted to say thanks for this thread.. really great one

Matt

New Body

Awards
Great Post . . . I'll give that Keto diet a try.:D

syko

Awards
25:60:15

25:60:15

Do those ratios sound right for a bulking cycle? For a 3911 a day:

244g protein @ 978cals
587g carbs @ 2346cals
65g fats @ 586cals

im about 180 @ 8% bf right now looking to bulk totally clean this time, last time i got up around 15-18%. So i was just wondering if this looks about right or too many carbs? Or bump the fats to around 20?

Peace.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
You already have a thread about this man, this isnt intended as a nutrition help thread... I addressed your other thread already.

syko

Awards
i deleted that thread

sorry but my baseline number is 3211 for maintenance from your bmr calc so i added 700 cals a day to come up with my 3911 cals a day. So i am asking if you guys think that those ratios are correct or if they should be manipulated somewhat.

sorry i should have included that in my first post.

peace.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Adding 700 calories a day will be 4900 in excess a week, thats over 1lb of fat a week.....good luck

syko

Awards
ya

i realize now that i did my math backwards so it should be 500 cals a day not 700 lol i went by a five day week lol

peace.

PoolMan

Awards
Thanks for the help U of R. Just citing from a friend's personal experience. YJ not all kidney stones can be broken up by ultrasound or lithotripsy as it is called. Sometimes we have to use a cystoscope, fluoroscopy, dye, and a basket to retrieve them from the bladder, ureters, and kidneys. The worst is when you have to do a nephrolithotomy to remove the stones. That is where you make an incision into the side and open the kidney and remove the stones by hand but that is very rare. Thanks for the info guys never saw the 81 grams a day. Look forward to more from everyone.
Oh the JOY of kidney stones! I have had 6 stones (that I know of) since I was 20. The last one was broken up via lithotripsy, with a cystoscopy just before to find it. Let me tell you, cystoscopy SUCKS. Nothing like peeing fruit punch colored urine that hurts like hell (had a couple of incisions done in there). Just thought I would add that :)

Great thread YJ!

FTMGuy

Awards
Ok I may be wrong on this but 3500 cal is for FAT! Fat has 9 cals in a gram, 28 grams in a once 16 onces in a pound. Now we take Carbs or Protein which have 4 cals to the gram. Which would be around 1800 Cals per pound. Muscle is mostly made of protein right. So why are we using 3500 cals per pound? Just something that I would like someone to explain to me.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I know we would all like to think that if you up the calories by 3500 a week you will gain a pound a week but this is oversimplifying things.

There are MANY factors involved including insulin sensativity, metabolism, what type of food was consumed etc etc etc.

No I don't have a FUCKING double blind placebo university study research paper to back this up. It is just my opinon so take or leave it.

quasar

Awards
i hate seeing an old ass thread posted as if it was new, just b/c you found this FTMGuy doesn't mean you need to bump it b/c we've all already read it a LONG time ago.. (hint=YJ's post); here's a new rule: unless it's DAMn important, don't post on a thread older than a month

btw, YJ made a bunch of good posts bout stuff like this so don't bump them all

beanpole

Awards
kidney stones? :)

no problem, drink a beer a day and it keeps the kidney stones away :)

1-2 beers a day is healthy for your system.