Want To Bulk Up/Gain Weight?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. YJ, I just wanted to say thanks for this thread.. really great one

2. Great Post . . . I'll give that Keto diet a try.
  3. 25:60:15

Do those ratios sound right for a bulking cycle? For a 3911 a day:

244g protein @ 978cals
    587g carbs @ 2346cals
    65g fats @ 586cals

im about 180 @ 8% bf right now looking to bulk totally clean this time, last time i got up around 15-18%. So i was just wondering if this looks about right or too many carbs? Or bump the fats to around 20?

4. You already have a thread about this man, this isnt intended as a nutrition help thread... I addressed your other thread already.
  5. i deleted that thread

sorry but my baseline number is 3211 for maintenance from your bmr calc so i added 700 cals a day to come up with my 3911 cals a day. So i am asking if you guys think that those ratios are correct or if they should be manipulated somewhat.

sorry i should have included that in my first post.

6. Adding 700 calories a day will be 4900 in excess a week, thats over 1lb of fat a week.....good luck
  7. Re: i deleted that thread

Originally posted by syko
    added 700 cals a day
    man, that's bulking for ya... heh
  8. ya

i realize now that i did my math backwards so it should be 500 cals a day not 700 lol i went by a five day week lol

9. Thanks for the help U of R. Just citing from a friend's personal experience. YJ not all kidney stones can be broken up by ultrasound or lithotripsy as it is called. Sometimes we have to use a cystoscope, fluoroscopy, dye, and a basket to retrieve them from the bladder, ureters, and kidneys. The worst is when you have to do a nephrolithotomy to remove the stones. That is where you make an incision into the side and open the kidney and remove the stones by hand but that is very rare. Thanks for the info guys never saw the 81 grams a day. Look forward to more from everyone.
    Oh the JOY of kidney stones! I have had 6 stones (that I know of) since I was 20. The last one was broken up via lithotripsy, with a cystoscopy just before to find it. Let me tell you, cystoscopy SUCKS. Nothing like peeing fruit punch colored urine that hurts like hell (had a couple of incisions done in there). Just thought I would add that

Great thread YJ!

10. Here is an excel file that does all the calculations automatically.

Attached Files Attached Files

11. Ok I may be wrong on this but 3500 cal is for FAT! Fat has 9 cals in a gram, 28 grams in a once 16 onces in a pound. Now we take Carbs or Protein which have 4 cals to the gram. Which would be around 1800 Cals per pound. Muscle is mostly made of protein right. So why are we using 3500 cals per pound? Just something that I would like someone to explain to me.

12. I know we would all like to think that if you up the calories by 3500 a week you will gain a pound a week but this is oversimplifying things.

There are MANY factors involved including insulin sensativity, metabolism, what type of food was consumed etc etc etc.

No I don't have a ****ING double blind placebo university study research paper to back this up. It is just my opinon so take or leave it.
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

13. i hate seeing an old ass thread posted as if it was new, just b/c you found this FTMGuy doesn't mean you need to bump it b/c we've all already read it a LONG time ago.. (hint=YJ's post); here's a new rule: unless it's DAMn important, don't post on a thread older than a month

btw, YJ made a bunch of good posts bout stuff like this so don't bump them all

14. kidney stones?

no problem, drink a beer a day and it keeps the kidney stones away

1-2 beers a day is healthy for your system.

15. I eat more than 80g's of protein before 8am.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best gear to take to BULK up. (Gain Weight)
    By Snickes16 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 09:26 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 02:49 PM
    By xponentabuser in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 11:36 AM
    By gchamp in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2010, 02:37 PM
  5. Replies: 15