My results with the Cheat to Lose Diet

Jay Madden

Jay Madden

Awards
This is my log for my experience on the Cheat to Lose Diet. I will be updating periodically, but definitely every Sunday with details.

Today, I weighed in at 245, but at approximately 25% bodyfat with a 43.5" waist at the navel (yeah, big case of all my fat being around the middle). I hope to get down to 15% BF by Christmas and dial it all in by my friends' wedding on April 11. My goal weight, waist and bodyfat by then is 230, 34-35" waist at 8-10% bf. If I can do that, I'll be ecstatic.

Wish me luck.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Could you explain the premise behind the Cheat to Lose Diet for me?

Also, Good luck!:thumbsup: How tall are you?

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
yeah a quick run down of what the diet is would be appreciated, thanks! And good luck :)

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
You go almost keto for about 2 weeks, then you have cheat days scheduled in.

I will find what info I can give, because the info I have I was sworn to secrecy. Not sure what has changed in the book.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes, but he (Joel Marion) is claiming he stumbled on this idea....Even though on T-Nation, who he writes for, there was a previous article called "Cheat To Win"...
how do you have inside info on this?

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Yes, but he (Joel Marion) is claiming he stumbled on this idea....Even though on T-Nation, who he writes for, there was a previous article called "Cheat To Win"...
Ahhh...interesting. Nothing new about CKD or TKD. Lyle MacDonald wrote about that a while back, no? Too complicated for me! :frustrate:

Jay Madden

Jay Madden

Awards
Sorry about not getting back sooner. I was out of pocket for the weekend. The diet basically consists of three phases. You have a Priming Phase, Core Phase and Maintenance Phase. Each phase has specific macro ratios for each week or day depending on the phase.

It is a lot like carb cycling, but it is specifically engineered to work with the body's feedback mechanisms. In other words, it doesn't slow your metabolism. The book is cheap as hell on amazon.com and it is more than worth it just for the 75 recipes in the back of the book.

Also, to answer someone's question earlier, I am 6'2".

T H E O R E M

T H E O R E M

Awards
  • Established
i am also on the diet, and if done right, works very well.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Sorry about not getting back sooner. I was out of pocket for the weekend. The diet basically consists of three phases. You have a Priming Phase, Core Phase and Maintenance Phase. Each phase has specific macro ratios for each week or day depending on the phase.

It is a lot like carb cycling, but it is specifically engineered to work with the body's feedback mechanisms. In other words, it doesn't slow your metabolism. The book is cheap as hell on amazon.com and it is more than worth it just for the 75 recipes in the back of the book.

Also, to answer someone's question earlier, I am 6'2".
If I get the book, it is for the recipes by John Berardi

Jay Madden

Jay Madden

Awards
If I get the book, it is for the recipes by John Berardi
Absolutely. The recipes are worth it. They are also divided up by whether they are low-carb, low-gi carb or high-gi carb.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I also started this dealio three weeks ago and lost 7 pounds since then, which is damn near all fat. I drink plenty of water every day and end up eating a moderate levels of carbs the last two weeks so it's not glycogen and water loss. My cardio is short but intense and my muscle mass seems to have been retained (only using creatine and bcaa's) real nice. Seems to be working real well so far! I wish ya good luck with your run as well Jay! :thumbsup:

gnutela

Awards
Absolutely. The recipes are worth it. They are also divided up by whether they are low-carb, low-gi carb or high-gi carb.
I'm interested. is there a pdf file of this recipe book? i'm on my way to becoming thinner. :bb3: