ketosis dreams

Do you experience vivid dreams on ketosis?

• Yes

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Ketosis??

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
I

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I just read that one side effect of ketosis is vivid unpleasant dreams, looking into it, the dreams seem to consist of being chased or eating carbs.

Is there any way out of experiencing these dreams as its a deal breaker for me.

I

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I read some low carb forums, and it seemed a lot of people had them but no one posted that they dont have them, so your post is a bit of a relief.

I remember a while ago when I was on a low fat diet and I had quit caffeine at the same time I eventually started getting vivid dreams, I tried food elimination but never figured it out, they eventually went away after acouple of weeks of going off the diet.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The worst part of it all for me is feeling hungry all the time. I had weird dreams on ZMT but not any other time. I sleep well actually, its relief from the hunger:)

I

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Thats strange cause cutting carbs is suppose to make you less hungry, I wasnt hungry at all today, then I started getting lightheaded and panicky so I made the mistake of having 1 measily biscut(5grams carbs high GI) and I felt hungry for the next 4 hours and didnt feel carb deprived at all.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well for me I think its because I'm below my setpoint. So my body goes into hunger mode to compensate.

M

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Thats strange cause cutting carbs is suppose to make you less hungry, I wasnt hungry at all today, then I started getting lightheaded and panicky so I made the mistake of having 1 measily biscut(5grams carbs high GI) and I felt hungry for the next 4 hours and didnt feel carb deprived at all.

sounds to me like your blood sugar level might have been a bit low.

I

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Yep, I have been on only 20 grams of carbs past couple days, just before bed to help me sleep, whats strange is I havent dropped a lot of weight like I expected from dropping carbs, I thought I would lose some more water weight. I have gone from 150g carbs to 20g and Ive lost about 1lb in 3 days but I do get weightloss in spurts today Im 1lb heavier than 2 days ago so it will be interested to see where I am at next weight drop.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yep, I have been on only 20 grams of carbs past couple days, just before bed to help me sleep, whats strange is I havent dropped a lot of weight like I expected from dropping carbs, I thought I would lose some more water weight. I have gone from 150g carbs to 20g and Ive lost about 1lb in 3 days but I do get weightloss in spurts today Im 1lb heavier than 2 days ago so it will be interested to see where I am at next weight drop.
I do a very low carb diet < 20 grams every spring to get a little leaner for the summer and I have never had any problems with sleep/dreams. I can get a little hypo initially but I adapt after a week or so and have no issues. Mabey doing 20 grams all at once before bed isn't the besy bet try spreading them out differently. I eat lean meats and eggs only and all my carbs comes from peanut butter 6 grams per 2 tbs I eat it right off the spoon or mixed in a shake.

A

amicold

Awards
When I did keto in the spring, I noticed the same things you did such as unpleasant dreams, slipping strength, and general malaise. Though it did work for fat loss. I would always have terrible dreams that made no sense at all, and were terribly confusing.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
When I did keto in the spring, I noticed the same things you did such as unpleasant dreams, slipping strength, and general malaise. Though it did work for fat loss. I would always have terrible dreams that made no sense at all, and were terribly confusing.
Any time I do a ketogenic diet I notice loss of strength,energy and endurance in the gym. I've never heard of anyone having ketosis dreams,tren dreams/sweats for sure but not ketosis dreams.

A

amicold

Awards
Any time I do a ketogenic diet I notice loss of strength,energy and endurance in the gym. I've never heard of anyone having ketosis dreams,tren dreams/sweats for sure but not ketosis dreams.
It might not have been a direct result of keto, I was on sesamin and Scorch as well so something in the Scorch perhaps? I don't know, I do know that I never dream, or if I do I don't remember them. But when I did keto I could recall several a night.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I do.. but I also have to admit I have wierd dreams quite frequently.

N

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Rats eating my hands. Running from police.
Last 2 nights keto dreams have been awesome.

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
Rats eating my hands. Running from police.
Last 2 nights keto dreams have been awesome.
thats the spirit! look at them as a form of entertainment, like going to the movies and not spending $20 on a ticket and a diet coke. :toofunny:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At least its not dreams of being chased by pizzas and country fried steaks! like mine are.

I haven't noticed them be any weirder than usual. I'm only 3 days in now, but in ketosis. Is it just me, or does it feel odd to eat so little protein?

Minnesota

Minnesota

Awards
I have been on a very low carb diet and I have vivid dreams off and on. The latest was a crazy sex dream (go figure).

D

danmacka

Awards
For anybody doing a Keto diet out there the dreams are truly a thing. I started at 252lbs or 115kg in January and I did a ketogenic diet until late april. After losing 28kg and at sub 24% body fat (the so called healthy weight) I can tell you that ketosis and dreaming go hand in hand. I took a 2 week break from a zero carb diet and started again 10 days ago and I have had 4 vivid dreams that I will candidly say involved both sex and carbs in copious amounts. I was having these dreams during my first 3 month stint of ketosis and thought they were seperate but they are not.

It is no fun admitting this but if what I say helps anybody to the path they want to be on it is most definitely worth it. Ketogenic diets seem to wake something deep inside of my masculinity that I did not know was there. A stronger, more connected and all together happier side of me that I hope everybody else can find.

During Ketosis during both my first and second long phases I had many dreams of eating bread, pasta or chocolate. These dreams seemed to coincide with my strongest periods of will power and resolve. The fact is is that those foods taste great but the feeling you get when restricting those food is a million times better and your body is just choosing the easy way out when choosing carbohydrate foods.

And human nature is to make that choice like i did but **** THAT CHOICE!!!!!!!!!

Listen to your body because as I have learned it is never wrong.