Religion and weight Loss....Help!!

sameerkhan51

sameerkhan51

Awards
hi guys,
I am Muslim and next month is the month that i have to fast and not eat or drink for about 12 hours.. it starts from 5:30am and goes till 7:30pm.
i am thinking to take ECA stack at 5am with my multi-vitamin and have my breakfast at 5:30 and fast till 7:30pm then have my dinner and go to the gym...
i am wondering that is that a good idea to go on ECA stack during this period?
and also how much protein do u think i should take on my breakfast since i will be staying hungry for about 12 hours?

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
hi guys,
I am Muslim and next month is the month that i have to fast and not eat or drink for about 12 hours.. it starts from 5:30am and goes till 7:30pm.
i am thinking to take ECA stack at 5am with my multi-vitamin and have my breakfast at 5:30 and fast till 7:30pm then have my dinner and go to the gym...
and also how much protein do u think i should take on my breakfast since i will be staying hungry for about 12 hours?
Wow, this is a tough deal. I don't know about the ECA stack, but I say your breakfast should pack in as much protein as you can stomach. That will make you feel fuller longer than carbs and fat will and will hopefully help you keep more muscle during the fast. But I'd still get mentally prepared to lose some muscle mass and feel pretty weak during your workouts.

Your pre-workout meal should have more carbs for energy, then go back to a high-protein meal after your workout.

I think that's how I'd approach it. Good luck man!

sameerkhan51

sameerkhan51

Awards
Wow, this is a tough deal. I don't know about the ECA stack, but I say your breakfast should pack in as much protein as you can stomach. That will make you feel fuller longer than carbs and fat will and will hopefully help you keep more muscle during the fast. But I'd still get mentally prepared to lose some muscle mass and feel pretty weak during your workouts.

Your pre-workout meal should have more carbs for energy, then go back to a high-protein meal after your workout.

I think that's how I'd approach it. Good luck man!
thx man.. much appreciated

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
hi guys,

Eat a slow digesting protein source prior to your fast. Cottage Cheese with Natural Peanut Butter or worse case, a casein based protein shake with some fats (flax seeds/oil or Nat. PB).

These are what you should be eating before bed anyway as sleep is a 'fast' in and of itself...

X

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Eat a slow digesting protein source prior to your fast. Cottage Cheese with Natural Peanut Butter or worse case, a casein based protein shake with some fats (flax seeds/oil or Nat. PB).

These are what you should be eating before bed anyway as sleep is a 'fast' in and of itself...

X
x2. MAke sure your night before meal is good too. It will carry over a bit. I would even suggest skip the gym that day, thats goin to be tough not eating all day, then have to eat gym and eat, you may feel a little "bloated" if you eat to much to fast. Just my opinion.

Good Luck man.

sameerkhan51

sameerkhan51

Awards
x2. MAke sure your night before meal is good too. It will carry over a bit. I would even suggest skip the gym that day, thats goin to be tough not eating all day, then have to eat gym and eat, you may feel a little "bloated" if you eat to much to fast. Just my opinion.

Good Luck man.
the thing is that it is not for a day... it's for 30 days.. and i can't skip gym for a month ... if it was a day.. then for sure i would have skipped gym..:bb3:

sameerkhan51

sameerkhan51

Awards

X
cottage cheese with Natural PB is my real meal.. i love it.. thxx

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
sorry bro,i missed the month thign first time around. I had a few friends in grade school that had to due this. I got mad respect for you're religion no matter what people think or say man. Then i guess mental toughness is goin to play a part to.

For sure man do what you can and good luck again.:head:

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
hi guys,
get some spirulina powder dude, no offence but is ECA allowed within the muslim sector?? caffine and ephedrine are drugs dude

:cheers:

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Fasting for 12 hours isn't too bad, trust me your muscles are not
going to disappear. Being in the military, I have had to go a lot longer than that without food. Try not to think about it. I think this is a situation where you have to ask yourself what is going to give me the best return on my investment?

sameerkhan51

sameerkhan51

Awards
get some spirulina powder dude, no offence but is ECA allowed within the muslim sector?? caffine and ephedrine are drugs dude

:cheers:
I don't take them to make me high or something.. they are for a reason and it's allowed.. Even coffee has caffine.. it doesn't mean that we are not allowed to drink it..
Being muslim doesn't mean you can't go to the Pharmacy lol..:wave:

sameerkhan51

sameerkhan51

Awards
sameerkhan51,

Please forgive the ignorance and rudeness our member getswole. Pay him no mind at all.

Regarding your inquiry: When do you work out?
Yeah man sure.. he is forgiven... May someone guide him :cheers:

I will be working out after i break my fast at 7:30pm i will be having my dinner ... that's when i will be allowed to break my fast.... and then Gym after 30-40 mins..
do u guys suggest me to have my multivitamina( animal Pack ) in the morning or with the dinner before my work out??

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well that is excellent.

Are you allowed to use whey and oatmeal and things like that for protein shakes? What are your diet disciplines as far as whole food go?

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
I know this would not work for most people for various reasons but what about becoming nocturnal?
i think it would defeat the point of it all but that's what i thought as well

:cheers: <- no alcohol in those glasses btw - cheers

sameerkhan51

sameerkhan51

Awards
Well that is excellent.

Are you allowed to use whey and oatmeal and things like that for protein shakes? What are your diet disciplines as far as whole food go?
On daily basis i eat Cottage cheese with PB, chicken breast, Tuna, whey Protein shake, veggies and egg whites...

First meal
Cottage cheese with PB
2nd meal
Skim Milk with whey protein+ green veggies and 1 whole egg + multi vitamin
11:30 Gym
3rd meal
Chicken breast cooked with olive oil + whole wheat bread
4th meal
Whey + 8 egg whites
5th meal
Tuna on whole wheat
6th
whey+ water

that's what i eat daily..
but during the month of Ramadan ( fasting month ) i won't be able to keep with this log.. but still i can eat these but won't be able to take them as scheduled.. and since i will be having less time to eat so may not consume all of them..
The time for us that we are allowed to eat starts at night and goes till early in the morning.. ( sunset to sunrise ) so body builders really don't eat that much at night!!!...:clean:

i am still confused.. should i take my multi in the morning before the sunrise.. or later before the work out (after sunset )??

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
On daily basis i eat Cottage cheese with PB, chicken breast, Tuna, whey Protein shake, veggies and egg whites...

First meal
Cottage cheese with PB
2nd meal
Skim Milk with whey protein+ green veggies and 1 whole egg + multi vitamin
11:30 Gym
3rd meal
Chicken breast cooked with olive oil + whole wheat bread
4th meal
Whey + 8 egg whites
5th meal
Tuna on whole wheat
6th
whey+ water

that's what i eat daily..
but during the month of Ramadan ( fasting month ) i won't be able to keep with this log.. but still i can eat these but won't be able to take them as scheduled.. and since i will be having less time to eat so may not consume all of them..
The time for us that we are allowed to eat starts at night and goes till early in the morning.. ( sunset to sunrise ) so body builders really don't eat that much at night!!!...:clean:

i am still confused.. should i take my multi in the morning before the sunrise.. or later before the work out (after sunset )??

When this is your regular diet again, after Ramadan, I would suggest changing a few things.

Swap out meal one with some oats, blueberries and a scoop of protein powder or some eggs. Basically carb up for the day with some protein.

Move the CC and PB to your last meal of the day, slower to digest over night.

As far as your multi goes during the fast, I don't think it matters when you take it, I would just take it at night when you can eat again.

The other thing that was sort of mentioned was BCAA's. I know you can't take them during the day, but taking them pre-fast (5:30a if you are up) or at least sometime during the night may help to offset catabolism.

One other thing, since this is posted in the weight loss section and you also mentioned an ECA stack, are you looking to use this time to drop some bodyfat as well?

X

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is what I would do, and take it for what it is worth.

I would consume a regular pre-workout shake immediately. You may want to look into one of these new carb alternatives (Waxie Maze and such) that are quickly digested. Depeding upon your body weight and goals you could go with ~50g of whey and ~50g of carbs. You can do the same for a post workout shake as well.

Then I would follow up with whatever your regular meals would be during the rest of your waking hours.

Personally I'd do my best to assure that I have sufficient nutrients in my system pre and post workout followed with a good meal.

I would consider the Spirit of which I had undertaken this fasting and allow God to do with me what He would. What is a man's body (physique) worth if his spirit is dead and not pleasing to God. I support you and encourage you to be as obedient as you can to your faith. I would consider your discipline and sacrifice an investment in His kingdom with a much greater profit.

But that is just me :)

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Here is what I would do, and take it for what it is worth.

I would consume a regular pre-workout shake immediately. You may want to look into one of these new carb alternatives (Waxie Maze and such) that are quickly digested. Depeding upon your body weight and goals you could go with ~50g of whey and ~50g of carbs. You can do the same for a post workout shake as well.

Then I would follow up with whatever your regular meals would be during the rest of your waking hours.

Personally I'd do my best to assure that I have sufficient nutrients in my system pre and post workout followed with a good meal.

I would consider the Spirit of which I had undertaken this fasting and allow God to do with me what He would. What is a man's body (physique) worth if his spirit is dead and not pleasing to God. I support you and encourage you to be as obedient as you can to your faith. I would consider your discipline and sacrifice an investment in His kingdom with a much greater profit.

But that is just me :)
way too sensible, u making way too much sense B :thumbsup

if it was me and i was muslium, i would train my a*s off during the year and use rarmadan as a rest time for my body and rest up and concentrate on my reliegon, a months break from lifting is good for ya

but my religion is pumping iron and the gym is my temple so i'm sweet all year around

:cheers: cheers with glasses of posideion

rooq

Awards
yea i am muslim too, in the morning i plan on eating two scoops of a casein protein(probolic by mhp) mixed with apple juice, a whole wheat bagel, a can of tuna, and my multi... i am also plan on being on novedex to help keep my test as high as possible cause its gona drop... anyone have any suggestions on what kind of routine i would benefit from? i'm thinking a cut...

Mike Combs

Mike Combs

Awards
i am also plan on being on novedex to help keep my test as high as possible cause its gona drop
bud, i'm not expert on religion but don't you think that worrying about test levels during ramadan is not the way to be going, i don't think allah would be too happy knowing that's what's on your mind during such a sacred time, wise up and be true to the cause man

rooq

Awards
i just thought that it would common sense to use a test booster... its not like i'm taking roids bro... as for being true to the cause fasting 12 hours a day and sayin prayers 6 times(extra prayer in ramadan) the main thing that is on my mind is god. no disrespect

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I'm no expert...on anything, lol, but if I knew I had to fast for a long period of time, slow digesting protein like casein would be my 2nd concern. A lot of FAT would be my first...even if it's not the best kind of fat.
I'd have a giant meal of primarily fat and protein. (Get as much healthy fat as possible, but don't stress out over the bad too much).

Peace and good luck with the fasting. :)

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
I'm no expert...on anything, lol, but if I knew I had to fast for a long period of time, slow digesting protein like casein would be my 2nd concern. A lot of FAT would be my first...even if it's not the best kind of fat.
I'd have a giant meal of primarily fat and protein. (Get as much healthy fat as possible, but don't stress out over the bad too much).

Peace and good luck with the fasting. :)
Not sure I agree that extra fat should be the dietary focus. Healthy fats, sure, but not a lot of excess fat.

sameerkhan51

sameerkhan51

Awards
When this is your regular diet again, after Ramadan, I would suggest changing a few things.

Swap out meal one with some oats, blueberries and a scoop of protein powder or some eggs. Basically carb up for the day with some protein.

Move the CC and PB to your last meal of the day, slower to digest over night.

As far as your multi goes during the fast, I don't think it matters when you take it, I would just take it at night when you can eat again.

The other thing that was sort of mentioned was BCAA's. I know you can't take them during the day, but taking them pre-fast (5:30a if you are up) or at least sometime during the night may help to offset catabolism.

One other thing, since this is posted in the weight loss section and you also mentioned an ECA stack, are you looking to use this time to drop some bodyfat as well?

X
thx man.. yeah i am looking to drop some bodyfat as well.. i am about 9% body fat..
i weight 165 lb..
height is 6 foot..

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm just going to have to repeat some earlier advice and say make sure you get in your slow digesting proteins. Cottage cheese, cassein shakes, etc. As for when you CAN eat, make sure your food is ready like the second you can take a bite. Ha.

NuruddinZangi

Awards
assalamu alaykum brother,

dont sweat ramadan too much. i go thru it every year with no noticeable muscle loss. last yr i didnt even have time to work out so i only worked out about 6 times that month..

i would just say to break ur fast with a protein shake, then pray maghrib, then have ur meal, starting with proteins, then green veggies, then carbs last. these are the rules that ori hoffmekler laid down for the Warrior Diet which is also based on a long fast, and inspired to some extent by the muslim fast. except in his diet u can have water and tiny amounts of protein throughout the day, and i wouldnt recommend following the diet in general. but u could learn from it a bit for ramadan.

for suhur have some cottage cheese/milk/ slow-digesting proteins, and some dates.

and like i said, dont worry about it too much. just stay away from the ramadan sweets!

as for me,
my pinky broke a couple weeks ago and i havent been to the gym in 1.5 months. and im thinking that i wont have time for the gym at all in ramadan, plus dont wanna break the pinky before it heals completely.

so im not gonna touch the weights in ramadan either. that would be around 2.5-3 months away from the gym, and im not worried at all about losing muscle. it just never happens with me. now, as for gaining fat, like i said, break ur fast with protein, then have food in that order, stay away from ramadan sweets, and ull be great. maybe take some forskolin to crank up ur cAMP levels which is great for burning fat and building muscles, and preserving muscle during caloric restriction. im taking it now and it feels like my muscles are growing without going to the gym. you can get it really cheap from www.gonsi.com (its called forslean). jjust take 1-2 servings with the protein as u break ur fast and go pray maghreb in a mosque, when ur back half an hour later, have ur meal. i guarantee you great results.

peace brother, and happy ramadan.

sameerkhan51

sameerkhan51

Awards
assalamu alaykum brother,

dont sweat ramadan too much. i go thru it every year with no noticeable muscle loss. last yr i didnt even have time to work out so i only worked out about 6 times that month..

i would just say to break ur fast with a protein shake, then pray maghrib, then have ur meal, starting with proteins, then green veggies, then carbs last. these are the rules that ori hoffmekler laid down for the Warrior Diet which is also based on a long fast, and inspired to some extent by the muslim fast. except in his diet u can have water and tiny amounts of protein throughout the day, and i wouldnt recommend following the diet in general. but u could learn from it a bit for ramadan.

for suhur have some cottage cheese/milk/ slow-digesting proteins, and some dates.

and like i said, dont worry about it too much. just stay away from the ramadan sweets!

as for me,
my pinky broke a couple weeks ago and i havent been to the gym in 1.5 months. and im thinking that i wont have time for the gym at all in ramadan, plus dont wanna break the pinky before it heals completely.

so im not gonna touch the weights in ramadan either. that would be around 2.5-3 months away from the gym, and im not worried at all about losing muscle. it just never happens with me. now, as for gaining fat, like i said, break ur fast with protein, then have food in that order, stay away from ramadan sweets, and ull be great. maybe take some forskolin to crank up ur cAMP levels which is great for burning fat and building muscles, and preserving muscle during caloric restriction. im taking it now and it feels like my muscles are growing without going to the gym. you can get it really cheap from www.gonsi.com (its called forslean). jjust take 1-2 servings with the protein as u break ur fast and go pray maghreb in a mosque, when ur back half an hour later, have ur meal. i guarantee you great results.

peace brother, and happy ramadan.
Thx for the advice brother.. much appreciated..
The only big problem is university.. and it's hard to catch up if you are fasting and besides that you are working out.. I am the kind of person that won't stay happy if i don't enter atleast 3 times a week the gym.... Unless i have a serious reason as u do my brother..
Ofcourse fasting is the most important of all.. no matter what i have to do it..
N e ways take care..and inshalah enjoy ramadan and your iftars:cheers:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The religion debate in this thread is over. This is not the place.

NuruddinZangi

Awards
i just thought that it would common sense to use a test booster... its not like i'm taking roids bro... as for being true to the cause fasting 12 hours a day and sayin prayers 6 times(extra prayer in ramadan) the main thing that is on my mind is god. no disrespect
salam bro,

i'd agree with mike combs. worrying about boosting ur test in ramadan is not a great idea. first of all a drop in test for the month will not suddenly cause a loss of muscle mass.

but most importantly, high test makes it harder to lower ur gaze, which is extra important in ramadan ;)

make this month about God and the afterlife, not the body that will one day turn to dust. make at least this one month all about strengthening your soul, then go back to strengthening ur body after ramadan.

Mike Combs

Mike Combs

Awards
salam bro,

i'd agree with mike combs. worrying about boosting ur test in ramadan is not a great idea. first of all a drop in test for the month will not suddenly cause a loss of muscle mass.
thank u :thumbsup:

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hi guys,
cant you just...not fast?

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
You could look into intermittent fasting as an option if that fits.. it was developed with some of the ideas brought about by the fasting states of Muslims during Ramadan and gives a protocol whereby you eat the majority of your calories around your workouts within an 8 hour time frame.

Naseem

Naseem

Awards
  • Established
SALAM ALAYKOM
IF U PLN CUT ON RAMADAN juss switch u r regular cuttin diet from day at night u should break u r fastin with whey + carbs same as pos workout than 30 min hav u r meal than after taraweeh have anotehr meal go train thank post workouit 1hour after another meal than for u r suhur take nigttime protein with carbas and good amount of efa dont forget bcaa when training!

Naseem

Naseem

Awards
  • Established
also my advice is dont start cuttin on ramadan and better focus on
increasin u r faith and prayin and try to be better person in all the ways and icreasin good actions! u could juss start liek a recomp add stuff like sesathin and cla and efas and cortisol blockers with small cal defficit 4 teh month and than after ramadan inshallah start ur eca stack wirh cardio ..ect

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Though Novadex/ATD may raise test levels (jury still out) it kills libido in higher doses...75 mg per day and I don't even think about sex for days.

xarjun

xarjun

Awards
sameer,

sounds to me like you have a choice between cutting out workouts altogether for about 30 days, or using a modified cutting diet/routine.

If you just can't stay away from weights for that amount of time, inconceivable, I know, and taking into account the calorie deficit you'll obviously be facing, I think a 30 day cutting phase sounds most appropriate.

And don't think that continuing gruelling physical training cannot be done during Ramadan. Hakeem Olajuwon's observed fasting throughout his NBA career (that includes training, practice sessions and actual games). All the best man.

peace

gsteclipse97

Awards
salaam alykum,

i usually gain weight every ramadan so this year i am trying to be smarter about it. in the morning i try to eat some scambled eggs, bread, a protein shake, vitamins and as much water as i can drink

i havent been able to lift cause i hurt my shoulder so what i have been doing is doing med pace cardio for about 30-40 min shortly before iftar.

for dinner i have a decent meal of chicken, rice, veggies. before bed i will have cottage cheese or a protein shake. i have also been taking fish oil, flax, and sesamin like i normally do.

so far this year i have been able to control my weight gain

ramadan mubarak brother take care